I've tried many failed attempts and looks through many worthless tutorials, but I can't figure out how to make a water splash, a moment frozen in time as a minifig comes out of the water. Does anyone know how to make one?

I can't remember for the life of me who made it...I believe it was for a contest on another website. It was of a sorcerer of some sort that was on a rock face and had a few flame pieces coming out of his staff. He was surrounded by a sea of trans clear 1x1 rounds with a blue base and layers of 1x2 under. I think he was summoning something. In the set of pictures it shows him with water makes a splash(which I saved), but I seem to remember something splashing up out of the water. I'll do some more digging to see if I can remember it. Maybe someone else can work off my hints...

I can't remember for the life of me who made it...I believe it was for a contest on another website. It was of a sorcerer of some sort that was on a rock face and had a few flame pieces coming out of his staff. He was surrounded by a sea of trans clear 1x1 rounds with a blue base and layers of 1x2 under. I think he was summoning something. In the set of pictures it shows him with water makes a splash(which I saved), but I seem to remember something splashing up out of the water. I'll do some more digging to see if I can remember it. Maybe someone else can work off my hints...

Sounds like you've been looking at this photoset, "Enchanted Waters" by Flickr user :jovian: -

6610075085_c7906e1276_z.jpg

Thanks for your help guys, but I'm looking for a smaller splash. More minifig size. Darkdragon, I mean with Legos.

If you look at SlyOwl's most recent MOC you can see at the stern and bow that he used some slopes and curves to creates the effects of water being splashed around; you could do something like that!

That's what blue flame pieces are for. :wink: Otherwise you'll just have to get creative with trans-blue/trans-clear tiles and plates. Simply positioning stacks of studs in those colors around the minifig might do the trick, kinda like what I did with the sea monster here:

2719699632_19509335cd_z.jpg

Battle of Dagobah by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Sounds like you've been looking photoset, "Enchanted Waters" by Flickr user :jovian: -

Ha. You're both right actually. I meant the one L@go posted. But also remembered the one you posted, natesroom(which is a good splash as well). I have a picture saved put not of the bottle in the water, so I couldn't remember the whole set. I just got the two mushed together. :blush:

An interesting flickr find comboing this topic;

6804155386_3f33931735_m.jpg

Miraculix by mijasper

An interesting flickr find comboing this topic;

6804155386_3f33931735_m.jpg

Miraculix by mijasper

Thats a nice little splash but what set does the blue tiara come in?

Edited by The Joker1