CamelBoy68

MOC: Uk Gritter

indexed.gif V-LC-9C

I thought I'd have a go at a Highway Agency's Gritter/Winter Service Vehicle.

As always, I'd love your comments... :classic:

6941729092_2604162bdb_d.jpg

7087803339_6054d00fa8_d.jpg

6941732702_ddf7de9c82_d.jpg

7087807061_db5a4cfab9_d.jpg

Here are some reference images:

3654275093_db2d5b6237_z_d.jpg

Image DrJohnBullas

6973589401_06c1c9c7be_d.jpg

Image oggy28

HA_Gritter_520.JPG

Image Halcrow.com

Detail on HA Gritter

Love it! It's got a perfectly smooth feel to it that I really like! I guess we'll be needing a lot of these this Winter again. :tongue:

Love it! It's got a perfectly smooth feel to it that I really like! I guess we'll be needing a lot of these this Winter again. :tongue:

I hope not.....

Very nice choice for a vehicle to build, especially in those colours, they really make it stand out just like the real thing :thumbup:

One thing I would change though is the overhang on top of the windscreen, if you use jumper plates to reduce it to a half-stud offset it would look much more realistic.

Edited by TheKingOfBuilding

This is really nice! And the colour choices are spot-on. A lot of these on the roads up here during the winter - but hopefully we're done with the winter for now...

The snowplow is just about perfect.

Excellent road service vehicle, and with a nice brick-built snow plough attachment too ! :thumbup:

Great work 'CamelBoy68', I look forward to your fleet of vehicles increasing.....what's next ? :wink:

Love it. Take a pic in a sandpit :)

Do you have any pics during the build? This is something I'd like to challenge my son with

Thanks for all the great feedback, much appreciated.. :classic:

Very nice choice for a vehicle to build, especially in those colours, they really make it stand out just like the real thing :thumbup:

One thing I would change though is the overhang on top of the windscreen, if you use jumper plates to reduce it to a half-stud offset it would look much more realistic.

If you look at oggy's pic, you'll see it does overhang quite a way, plus I don't think your suggestion would work with the way I built the roof, but I'll have a look at it.

Excellent road service vehicle, and with a nice brick-built snow plough attachment too ! :thumbup:

Great work 'CamelBoy68', I look forward to your fleet of vehicles increasing.....what's next ? :wink:

Well a few more gritters for a start, I bought enough parts for about 5 :grin: as I'm working out a larger MOC... :wink:

Love it. Take a pic in a sandpit :)

Do you have any pics during the build? This is something I'd like to challenge my son with

No I didn't take any during the build as I designed it on LDD and used its "step-by-step" instructions :wacko: so it wasn't a linear type build....

Hi Do you have a parts list? Just come across this. I look after a 1/3 of the fleet and would love to add a lego version to them.

Thanks for the comments, always welcome.

Please see below the inventory of the Gritter - 244 Bricks - it shouldn't be too expensive to BL.... :wink:

15135621637_5592acb5e6_c_d.jpg

(If you are having trouble reading the above, a larger version can be found on my Flickr page.)

You can also download the LDD File here

and the full color PDF of the instructions/inventory - Please note its 20Mb in size :sceptic:

Back in 2012, I also did a Highways Agency - Traffic Officer Vehicle as well http://www.eurobrick...8326&hl=traffic

cheers

CB

How easy is it to locate the pieces? looking at lego website several ones weren't available in orange, I wanted to make 2 model one for my son to build at Christmas, and one for the office. but after 1hr got half way through the list with 3 key pieces not in orange so gave up. :( and had already hit £40)

As my youngest wants lego for Christmas I know he'd love this.

P.s the spreader is much better that the TOV, although that is a good representation though.

well I took the plunge and some 30 orders later somehow ended up with 1000's of bricks for my Son for Christmas, and 4 fully fitted salt spreaders, with a 5th one 90% complete.

Made a few changes from the original design by camelboy68, spinner and chute assembly, inspection walkways / ladders and the light clusters. 3 are off to a depot tomorrow, for a lunchtime photoshoot!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/foden4000/15879058022/

CamelBoy68, that is absolutely brilliant. A flawless representation of an iconic vehicle on these shores. I love your Land Rover as well. Have you made any other MOCs that would set British hearts (like mine!) aflutter?

https://www.flickr.c...000/15879058022

I've made plough bi directional by using another of the same parts on the plough, added extra ladders, modded the spinner, roof lights, and added rear beacons. Everyones well impressed, have to keep telling them I can't take the credit for the design

The CE gave one of them an admiring glance today!

Edited by dpc1971

. I love your Land Rover as well.

I can't take credit for the rover as its from the City horsebox set released a few years back - all I did was give it a respray....