Sign in to follow this  
mordatre

[MOC] Gears of war - Grubhole

Gears of War diorama.

Marcus, Clayton and Cole stumbles upon a grubhole in the middle of the street and Locust warriors emerge.

The Xbox360 videogame Gears of War is one of my favourite ones. When Brickwarriors made some armour and weapons I had to build something. The lancer rifle and revolver are both Brickarms though. Boomshot and Torquebow are brickbuilt.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_War

Click pictures for more photos at my Flickraccount.

7083499357_8f8cde416e.jpg

gow01 by mordatre, on Flickr

6937423016_5f1576dbdf.jpg

gow02 by mordatre, on Flickr

6937422980_e044d06786.jpg

gow03 by mordatre, on Flickr

7083499185_360400eb9b.jpg

gow04 by mordatre, on Flickr

AWESOME creation 'mordatre' :grin: , the wrecked car and building are both fantastic, plenty of detail to everything in the screen shot. :thumbup:

Brick On Fight On 'mordatre' ! :grin:

AHHH those holes still haunt me...

That is probably the best use of the tan brick-bricks I've seen yet. Having them spaced out with plates really works for me :thumbup:

The details in the car are also very nice - the robot arm for the window is really nicely done.

My only complaint/question is - what's up with the red?

is it suppose to be blood? It seems too purposeful to be just ran out of brick... but I don't get it?

AHHH those holes still haunt me...

That is probably the best use of the tan brick-bricks I've seen yet. Having them spaced out with plates really works for me :thumbup:

The details in the car are also very nice - the robot arm for the window is really nicely done.

My only complaint/question is - what's up with the red?

is it suppose to be blood? It seems too purposeful to be just ran out of brick... but I don't get it?

Thanks for the comments. The red tiles are supposed to resemble blood as a reminder of this games violent content, but on my pictures above the higher photoangle doesn´t show the red bricks in between the layers of plates. The pic below shows them red bricks and I hope the red tiles makes more sense now.

6937423346_3658928046.jpg

gow05 by mordatre, on Flickr

Thanks for the comments. The red tiles are supposed to resemble blood as a reminder of this games violent content, but on my pictures above the higher photoangle doesn´t show the red bricks in between the layers of plates. The pic below shows them red bricks and I hope the red tiles makes more sense now.

Ah yeah now I see it - really nice.

The only thought is maybe add some red on top or a bleeding guy?

I love the scene in general, but that wall is really my favorite part! Excellent use of the brand new brick parts!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I love everything about this! :wub: GOW is one of my favorite games of all time and this made me smile. I really like the clean building techniqes but still managing that rough, warzone look and feel. Excellent work! :thumbup:

That is really nice looking! Very nice combination of colours and bricks. I especially like how you made the wall.

instantly recognisable MOC!! :)

I totally agree with this the spacing is very effective and the burnout car is excellent!

The brick bricks look great as other have said :thumbup: The fig posing is also excellent, and the abandoned car adds a nice touch :classic: