Spencer_R

MOC: The new World Trade Center, New York

*oh2* <-- Literally my face when I saw this. I was wondering how someone could make this out of Lego, and this just blows my mind. You've got the curves and what have you perfectly recreated! Awesome job overall :thumbup:

Wow. G o b s m a c k e d.

It never ceases to amaze me how people have that kind of patience and ability to plan on such a large scale. It's hugely impressive, and makes me want to go back to NYC even more to see it in real life. Incredibly well done. Give yourself a good round of applause :)

Wow!! Just wow! It is beyond amazing, so many trans clear pieces! You've done an excellent job sir :sweet:

EDIT: I'm enjoying checking out your gallery :thumbup:

Edited by Otherworld

You should be very proud of yourself, this happens to be amazing. I live close to Manhattan and regularly travel into the city. I've been watching the progress of the buildings myself, but I'm looking forward to May when I get to go back down to the Financial District again.

It's a bit of an ambition, but I'm sure that this would be a lovely addition to the World Trade Center site. You just have to know who to contact. Try contacting the New York Daily News, they love stuff like this and popularize it greatly.

Once again, this is beautiful work.

Oh it's LEGO!!!

I love how at first glance some fantastic MOCs don't even look like it's made of LEGO!

Absolutely brilliant! :sweet:

I know prateek already mentioned this, but I had to pick up my jaw in the basement when I saw this.

It's absolutely incredible, I love how much detail you have, with great angles and the outsides of your buildings look like the real ones. I swear this could be an used as a building model at an architect's office...

Unbelievable! The level of detail and beauty is amazing! I’m speechless, so I’m just going to go back to staring at your creation for a while longer.

Oh it's LEGO!!!

I love how at first glance some fantastic MOCs don't even look like it's made of LEGO!

Absolutely brilliant! :sweet:

Yes! It takes a good hard stare to really see the bricks in the buildings. The landscape is well done as well. I really want to get back to NY to see Ground Zero, thank you for giving me a taste. It really is beautiful. The quality of our builders here amazes me all the time.

Hi

i have to say i found "your others" a way earlier than i started again with Lego at home and here. I looked for some good shots of NYC because i am a photographer and NYC fan too - but i found your work! Like today i was and am truly shocked how you reproduce the style flair of those well known landmarks.

Thank you for sharing that with us. I hope you will get them all one day in a row for a good photoshot. Are you older skyscrapers still there or did you disassembled them?

Dino

WOW This is truely amazing I have never seen anything like it. I could never have the paitence to biuld somthing like this.Appart from the white background I thaught this was the real World Trade Center. Well done sir. :thumbup:

Woah.....When I saw that first picture, I thought it was a reference, but then I saw it was REAL! Great MOC! Nice detailing, and fantastic building.

WOW! This is Lego? It took me a minute to realize that. Amazing job, this is just beautiful!!

Absolutely amazed. Genuinely thought that the first image was for reference, before realising it was your model!! I agree with Bob in saying that you should contact the New York press to get it some well-deserved publicity and acclaim.

I was there this time two months ago. Astonishing place, and this model truly does it justice.

Seriously mate, well done, this is one of the best models I've seen (as are all your models).

WOW! That is absolutely gorgeous! What an amazing MOC! That needs to be on display somewhere!!

Thanks for all the supportive comments guys.

It will be displayed at Brickworld Chicago this summer. :thumbup:

This is absolutely stunning. I'm actually visiting New York City this Friday. I can't way to compare them.

It is so life like, very detailed, and amazing. :wub:

Thank you for sharing that with us. I hope you will get them all one day in a row for a good photoshot. Are you older skyscrapers still there or did you disassembled them?

They are still all together. It's starting to get difficult to bring them all to events due to the setup and teardown times involved. Here's all of them together last year.

brickbash8097.jpg

Since this photo I have built four more models, including this new WTC model.

Great job. I was visiting the site earlier this month and this is a great representation.

Words cannot describe how flabbergast I am looking at your MOCs. *oh2* The new WTC is awesome on its own, but to see an entire city of Lego skyscrapers in 1 row is beyond awesome, it is insane. In fact it does not look like Lego at a distance until I zoomed into the details.

Are all the buildings to scale with one another? I can see that empire state, WTC, burj Khalifah etc are proportionate with each other.

My jaw dropped so much I didn't really read the first post. :laugh:

Also, looking at some of the models, does 2 plates = 1 storey?

Edited by paanjang16

Absolutely amazing... what a great hobby LEGO is. Thank you so much for sharing.

Hi Spencer,

that is truly amazing. I can not say where to start: is it why they are all in the same scale? Is it the highest degree of details? Or the great colors? Or all together!?

As a photographer, NYC lover and AFOL, that the best for if have ever seen. The next time you havebthem all in a line, please make a panorama where you move your position instead of turning the camera. Some software can handle those plan panos and will render for you a skyline ;)

Dino