jamie75

Life Sized Lego Lightsabers

I'd defiantly buy one if they'd be available for sale, especially the Luke ANH Graflex hilt.

Although I bet Hasbro would moan about it, because they'll complain that it'll be in competition with their FX saber range.

My one concern would be the sturdiness of the lightsabers.

As well as the price.

I wonder if they would also offer blade kits.!?

I don't think the sturdiness of them is a question, IMO, they would be more for display. But, we all know some people would have fights with them. I suggested stands for them, similar to those by Master Replia, but, with a UCS Data Plate for them.

The price shouldn't be bad. I'm guessing $30 to $75 for them. They will differ depending on which you buy. Yoda's, $30. Luke's or Vader's, $40 to $50. Maul's, $75, depending on single or double bladed?

As for the blades, I don't think they will offer them. But, that wouldn't stop others from Briclinking blades for them. Hopefully we will see Trans-Purple and Trans-Green cylinder pieces sometime soon.

Jamie

A nice idea but the price would be horrendous. I think some people underestimate just how much plastic would go into making one, especially one that's sturdy.

The price wouldn't be that bad. I'm thinking $80-100 tops. I'd be willing to pay that, assuming it was an iconic saber like Luke or Vader's.

I totally just supported them!

At first before I actually looked at the link, I though the idea was stupid and that they would have impossibly long stacks of 2x2 round bricks to represent the blades, but the way it has been done is very elegant and easy to display, I'd gladly pay $50 for each saber. If it is done, they should have a data plaque and display stand like the other UCS's though.

I totally just supported them!

At first before I actually looked at the link, I though the idea was stupid and that they would have impossibly long stacks of 2x2 round bricks to represent the blades, but the way it has been done is very elegant and easy to display, I'd gladly pay $50 for each saber. If it is done, they should have a data plaque and display stand like the other UCS's though.

I posted this on Cuusoo the other day, about the stands and plaques. He has made them already and posted them! Very cool!!

Stand

More Lightsabers on Flickr!

Jamie

They are pretty sweet, I think they would make a nice display set and you can MOC your own stand.