Sign in to follow this  
Ezechielle

Coal Delivery Man

indexed.gif B-V-17E

The first of a serie of vignettes I'll build about old forgotten jobs :classic:

Here, a coal delivery man around the 30's.

7080539777_0128bba70e_z.jpg

7080540229_cac213e2b7_z.jpg

6934467502_d61aa6bcbd_z.jpg

6934467892_dceb311428_z.jpg

Quite nice! The window trimmings are nice, as well as the brown/dark red brick patterning. :thumbup:

Very nice vignette!!! And a cool little niche with the forgotten jobs.

With a little modification, this building could easily become a fantastic modular building. It's been done before, but I really like the use of minifig legs, for curvy detailing :sweet:

Very nice, really like the brickwork.

My great grandfather was a coalman. My grandmother often told me about his work. This is lovely.

Love the idea of forgotten jobs. Looking forward to seeing more.

Very nice little vig. The building detail is great, interspersing the dark red with brown is commendable, as dark red as a colour is a bit too intense for architectural use on it's own. The curvature above the second floor window is great, rarely do you see legs used facing outwards. The cheese above the curved bricks on the upper floor is attention to detail too.

What is missing I think, would be a little handcart for the coal. I don't think they had piles on the street like that. :tongue:

Nice! Great reminders of a time gone by. Do a milkman next! OR a theatre with a nickelodeon!

Wow! Thanks everyone for the kind comments! :blush:

Very nice little vig. The building detail is great, interspersing the dark red with brown is commendable, as dark red as a colour is a bit too intense for architectural use on it's own. The curvature above the second floor window is great, rarely do you see legs used facing outwards. The cheese above the curved bricks on the upper floor is attention to detail too.

What is missing I think, would be a little handcart for the coal. I don't think they had piles on the street like that. :tongue:

I really appreciate your detailed post :wink:

About the coal pile on the street, as I wanted a vignette (and thus a very small surface to build), I choose to represent the delivery in that way, knowing that in was quite unusual ; but I thought it would make the scene clearer :tongue: