MOC: Chanel™ Store

indexed.gif B-OM-15E

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Hi all, I don't know why but the name of Coco's high fashion brand seems to be a taboo here, it keeps changing to "sewage" whenever I type it... :wacko: So please bare with the topic title for now...

Anyway, if you have been around at the Eurobricks Town page or following modular building MOCs on Brickshelf / Flickr a little over a year ago, you may recall a series of luxury brand modular mocs from me :blush:

I have been building various stuff / hard at work, and doesn’t really have the luxury for doing another modular. So this Chanel Store, a request from a friend after the original Champ Elysees / Rodeo Drive Project is closed, has been delayed for quite some time.

This is my fourth attempt at a corner modular and I am quite pleased with how it turns out (The 1st one is a disaster and if you are interested in the other 2, search “Hermes” and “Emporio Armani”). I really like the combination of white, black and pearl gold, which gives the model a simple and clean look, and I hope the turret at the corner would breathe some fresh air to other modular MOCs. Consistent with my older buildings, Chanel has only 2 storey although I can fit in 3. I am having a hard time finding merchandise and mannequins.

It feels great adding a new piece of jewel to a closed project, maybe I should do this annually? :tongue: I hope you enjoy the pictures and please let me have your comments and criticisms!

Thanks for sharing another one of your great Modulars on EB. I really like all the architectural details. Especially the fish are really nicely used.

Hi all, I don't know why but the name of Coco's high fashion brand seems to be a taboo here, it keeps changing to "sewage" whenever I type it... :wacko: So please bare with the topic title for now...

It's probably the site's swear filter. Don't ask me why it's in there (ask Hinckley instead). I fixed your post and the thread title (just make sure you don't edit your post :wink: ).

Thanks for sharing another one of your great Modulars on EB. I really like all the architectural details. Especially the fish are really nicely used.

It's probably the site's swear filter. Don't ask me why it's in there (ask Hinckley instead). I fixed your post and the thread title (just make sure you don't edit your post :wink: ).

Thanks Rick for your help and your kind words! Really appreciated!

This swear filter is interesting :tongue:

Edited by jaredchan

It feels great adding a new piece of jewel to a closed project, maybe I should do this annually? :tongue: I hope you enjoy the pictures and please let me have your comments and criticisms!

I really enjoyed your buildings about a year ago, an this one is no exception! The tower is great, I saw a picture of a terraced french endcap building that looked similar to this, but I couldn't figure out how to do the corner "brick" deatils. This is great, I'll blog it on Brick Town Talk! Check for it in a few minutes (I've got to do a good write-up! :tongue: )

I really enjoyed your buildings about a year ago, an this one is no exception! The tower is great, I saw a picture of a terraced french endcap building that looked similar to this, but I couldn't figure out how to do the corner "brick" deatils. This is great, I'll blog it on Brick Town Talk! Check for it in a few minutes (I've got to do a good write-up! :tongue: )

Thanks for your compliments and blogging me, Dakar A (Opps, just found out that the title spells "Channel" instead of "Chanel")! Its a really nice passage (and good reference to No. 5!)! :sweet:

The "bricks" surrounding the windows in the tower are in fact rows of 1x1 cheese slopes built horizontally, this bit requires some trial and error.

BTW, while the store is built the French way, I got inspired by a corner building at Calle de Alcalá in Madrid while playing Gran Turismo 5 :laugh:

Edited by Rick

That is really beautiful. :thumbup:

You said you are having a hard time finding merchandise. Do you have a perfume counter? (I didn't see one in the picks)

That is really beautiful. :thumbup:

You said you are having a hard time finding merchandise. Do you have a perfume counter? (I didn't see one in the picks)

Thanks Daisy! I do have a bottle of No. 5 on display in the shop window (The one next to the logo) and on a small table inside the building (Not shown in the pictures), but I have to admit that I haven't put too much thought on the interior :classic:

Beautiful creation 'jaredchan', the gold highlights :thumbup: , that window display of the two rings :grin: (simple yet genius) and using Friend's accessories :sweet: !

Excellent designing, any more images of the inside ? :wink:

Brick On with sewage 'jaredchan' ! :wink:

Very, very nice! Just like your previous buildings. The colours work perfectly together, and the building reeks of exclusivity, like it should for a premium brand. And the way you recreated that logo in the window - pure genius. Well done!

Very classy! :wub:

Don't ask me why it's in there (ask Hinckley instead).

Actually no; I added that months back to deter spammers. I've got others, for try "Vinnies" or "stupid dead sheep shoes"... :laugh:

(I've removed it.)

Excellent building jaredchan! I love the interior and how you used white rubber bands for the logo, very creative. This is definitely on par with your other creations! Keep up the fantastic work default_classic.gif

This is so beautiful! So many nice details - my favorite is the logo.

WOW!

Everything about this MOC is just stunning!

The pearl gold and white color scheme is so classy; perfect for Chanel.

The decorative use of pearl gold fish is just a hoot! What a brilliant idea.

I think that Friends' sets should have more accessories.

This is going to be a challenge because you need high end items. Do they make shoes or boots for regular minfigs? I just have Scala and possibly some Belville shoes. Ditto for jewelry.

Looking at this store makes me want to open the door (actually they have doormen), and march right in. Not that I would buy anything there. It is an interesting place to visit, but I prefer to shop in the Lego Store, Nordstrom or REI!

Can't wait for your next creation!

That's an amazing MOC. The colour scheme is fantastic (all the white with gold details). My favourite is the facade with golden fish ornaments, arches above the windows and the round corner tower. And not to forget, the interior looks great as well.

This is a fantastic and inspirational MOC, Jaredchan! It looks great, with plenty of attention to detail, just like your older buildings!

Re lightningtiger: Thanks for all the nice words! Here's a pic of a staircase that I hastily take with my iPhone:

7.jpg

The other stuff are not really noteworthy :tongue:

Re L@go, LEGO Train 12 Volts, Lego Guy Bri, Asper: Thanks! The logo is one of my favorite part of the building, of course it would be more true to the original if LEGO has thicker rubber bands, but that's the best I can have for now.

Re castor-troy: Thank you!

Re Hinckley: Thanks! Now let me try "Vinnies" or "stupid dead sheep shoes" :devil:

Re Legogal: Thanks for your compliments! :blush: I think I have robbed the Friends' beauty saloon of all its goodies, its headgear accessories don't really fit it. As for the boots, I have robbed a minifig of his legs (See the upper floor display shelf), poor fig :laugh:

Re Redhead1982, Freddie: Thank you! I will make sure I do better next time!

This is a great modular corner building.

Full of detail and not too tall... :laugh:

Good use of the new Friends lipsticks.

:thumbup: