calisupra2nr

Back to collect...what am I missing?

In the past, asking "What is your favorite ____" has led to multiple pages of long lists that usually end up bothering staff (see here, here, and here), and as we are an unmoderated forum at the moment I'll take the proactive route and recommend you look through these:

If you could pick one Star Wars Set to own

Which is the best lego star wars set

Favorite Star Wars Set

Best SW set in the 10 years of Lego Star Wars

Edited by Ishv-viss-j

In the past, asking "What is your favorite ____" has led to multiple pages of long lists that usually end up bothering staff (see here, here, and here), and as we are an unmoderated forum at the moment I'll take the proactive route and recommend you look through these:

If you could pick one Star Wars Set to own

Which is the best lego star wars set

Favorite Star Wars Set

Best SW set in the 10 years of Lego Star Wars

Yikes! Yes I do not want that to occur here, so I will just visit those threads.

On a side note is Jango Fett exclusive to just the Slave 1 from ep2? That set is ridiculously expensive and the minifig is like $70 or more.

Yes.

EDIT: I just reread your first post. You want "the best examples of vehicles, minifigs, and locales from the movies and CW show" and you're collecting sets?

MOCs are where it's at! :laugh:

Psiaki's X-wing

Martin Latta's ARC-170

Chris Deck's creations, most with instructions

Reto Geiger's creations, most with instructions

Gareth's creations, some instructions

Brickdoctor's Advent Calendar - the Lambda-class T-4a is a must

Anio and Eric Druon also sell instructions for some of their models.

Edited by Ishv-viss-j

Yes.

EDIT: I just reread your first post. You want "the best examples of vehicles, minifigs, and locales from the movies and CW show" and you're collecting sets?

MOCs are where it's at! :laugh:

Psiaki's X-wing

Martin Latta's ARC-170

Chris Deck's creations, most with instructions

Reto Geiger's creations, most with instructions

Gareth's creations, some instructions

Brickdoctor's Advent Calendar - the Lambda-class T-4a is a must

Anio and Eric Druon also sell instructions for some of their models.

That X-wing is incredible. I thought Lego did a good job with their newest release, but that guy hit every right detail. The rest of those MOCs are beautiful as well.

I do not plan on getting all of the summer sets at once. I will get one set every month to pace myself. Right now I am just so frantic in trying to catch up with what I have been missing, that I may have overdone it.

We've all done it. I know I have. I went pretty crazy a few times, a lot of little eBay purchases are the worst, they add up WAY too quick.

We've all done it. I know I have. I went pretty crazy a few times, a lot of little eBay purchases are the worst, they add up WAY too quick.

yeah i just picked up the CW AAT off ebay. Thankfully I was very frugal with my money for a couple years so I can ALMOST justify this ridiculous spending... some of my friends have hobbies that are much more expensive (like auto racing). Not to mention the value these sets hold after they are off the market is a nice ;)

Edited by calisupra2nr

I have to agree that the Endor Bunker and Home One are two "must haves" from recent years for OT sets. I also think that the Gunship and AT-TE are pretty amazing but I understand the price issue. I personally love the fighter tank, and I wish I would have picked up a few more myself. I considered piece-mealing these, but they were a pretty high price/dollar set.

I have to agree that the Endor Bunker and Home One are two "must haves" from recent years for OT sets. I also think that the Gunship and AT-TE are pretty amazing but I understand the price issue. I personally love the fighter tank, and I wish I would have picked up a few more myself. I considered piece-mealing these, but they were a pretty high price/dollar set.

I really am holding out hope that both will be redone in the next 1-2 years considering the seriously low amount of AOTC sets that have been released. With the 3D re-release coming, its obvious we will be getting AOTC sets and I cannot imagine them not including the 2 most famous ships from that movie. I mean I would love to see a UCS chrome Naboo Cruiser next year for the re-release, but I think everyone has their eyes set on the most coveted AOTC ships...ATTE and RGS.

On a side note, my friend suggested a Geonosian arena playset with the beasts and that would be INCREDIBLE!

I am waiting to find a fighter tank on ebay that is less than $100 (which is the lowest NISB price on blink).

I am waiting to find a fighter tank on ebay that is less than $100 (which is the lowest NISB price on blink).

Do try ebay, I saw one 3 months ago for £35, but someone snapped it up before I could get to the checkout :hmpf_bad:.

What do you think the set is worth without the figs now? I just don't want to grossly overpay for a set that may drop once the new figs arrive in august.

I really wouldn't like to say - I think I picked it up figure-less but in excellent condition with the instructions for around £75-80 (if my memory serves me correctly :laugh: ) I don't think it will drop in price all that much since it isn't a new version of the Sail Barge which is coming out, and it is an excellent set in it's own right without the figures, rather than say 10123 which IMO isn't such a great set but the figs make it highly desirable.

Well I just got back into collecting SW Legos in the past few months. I have already over indulged and spent way too much money, but I cannot help it... I need more! Since February I have purchased:

-Sith Infiltrator 7961, Anakin & Sebulba Podracers 7962, Battle of Naboo x3 7929, Imperial V-Wing 7915, Anakin's Jedi Interceptor 9494, ACR-170 8088, Battle for Geonosis 7869, Bounty Hunter Gunship 7930, T6 Jedi Shuttle 7931, Sith Nightspeeder 7957, Geonosian Starfighter 7959, Republic Frigate 7964, Greivous Starfighter 8095, Clone Turbo Tank 8098, Geonosian Cannon 9491, Freeco Speeder 8085, Plo Koon's starfighter 8093, Luke's Landspeeder 8092, Droid Escape 9490, Gold Leader's y-wing 9495, Tie Fighter (2012) 9492, Xwing (2012) 9493, Millenium Falcon 7965, Slave 1 8097, Wampa Attack, Hoth Eco Base 7879, Mandalorian Battle pack, Rebel trooper battle pack, snowtrooper battle pack, republic dropship & ATOT.

I am about to purchase the Death Star and Imperial Shuttle 10212 for the TC14 promo.

My question is, now that I am pretty much caught up on everything on store shelves and even some of the older stuff like republic dropship, where do I go from here? Some of the sets I would love to own like the Trade Fed MTT and Republic Gunship are way too expensive on the aftermarket (nearly 2-3x RRP). My friend told me that the Battle for Endor 8038, Home One Mon Calimari 7754 and Hoth Rebel Base 7666 are great sets to get. What are your thoughts on these? I also REALLY want a republic fighter tank and AT-AT. Are these worth buying now?

I do not care if a set is from the OT or the prequels, I just like to collect the best examples of vehicles, minifigs, and locales from the movies and CW show. In your minds, what are the must own sets or the best interpretations since the SW license has been around?

Worthwhile sets that are still on some store shelves?

General Grievous's Starfighter (fantastic set for the price)

Naboo Starfighter (grossly overpriced and exclusive to some merchants)

Cad Bane Speeder (Lego online store had it on sale for $29 US last month)

Mace Windu Jedi Starfighter (similar to PLO koon but lots of little extras. Mace Windu, comand droid, bunch of straps etc. Exclusive to Walmart in the states.)

The Death Star. (gargantuan pure awesome. And disappearing soon.)

Tantive IV

Edited by Faefrost

Do try ebay, I saw one 3 months ago for £35, but someone snapped it up before I could get to the checkout :hmpf_bad:.

Wow that would be a deal!

I really wouldn't like to say - I think I picked it up figure-less but in excellent condition with the instructions for around £75-80 (if my memory serves me correctly :laugh: ) I don't think it will drop in price all that much since it isn't a new version of the Sail Barge which is coming out, and it is an excellent set in it's own right without the figures, rather than say 10123 which IMO isn't such a great set but the figs make it highly desirable.

I would absolutely pick one up (figure-less of course) for $100 or less, but I just cannot find one right now :(

and yes the cloud city set has great figs, but I could care less about the actual set. I feel like we will be getting another cloud city set in the near future ;)

Worthwhile sets that are still on some store shelves?

General Grievous's Starfighter (fantastic set for the price)

Naboo Starfighter (grossly overpriced and exclusive to some merchants)

Cad Bane Speeder (Lego online store had it on sale for $29 US last month)

Mace Windu Jedi Starfighter (similar to PLO koon but lots of little extras. Mace Windu, comand droid, bunch of straps etc. Exclusive to Walmart in the states.)

The Death Star. (gargantuan pure awesome. And disappearing soon.)

Tantive IV

I love the Greivous starfighter. I cannot find a Windu starfighter for less than RRP otherwise I would bite, same thing with Cad Banes speeder and Naboo starfighter, I just don't want to pay full price for those. The Death Star and Tantive IV are in my near future I feel.

Stalk Craigslist daily, sometimes you can find some good deals.

A couple months ago I picked up the Sandcrawler, Jabba's Sail Barge, Star Destroyer, B-Wing, A-Wing, AT-ST, plus a few battle packs for $400. Almost everything was complete, just a couple parts missing on 1 or 2 sets, but all minifigs were there. It was a steal for sure.

I also have the Death Star and Tantine IV which I would definitely recommend both, and Endor, new Tie Fighter & Y-Wing are sitting by waiting to be built.

A couple months ago I picked up the Sandcrawler, Jabba's Sail Barge, Star Destroyer, B-Wing, A-Wing, AT-ST, plus a few battle packs for $400. Almost everything was complete, just a couple parts missing on 1 or 2 sets, but all minifigs were there. It was a steal for sure.

I also have the Death Star and Tantine IV which I would definitely recommend both, and Endor, new Tie Fighter & Y-Wing are sitting by waiting to be built.

The Gold Leaders Y Wing is the perfect case of TLG bringing things developed and learned from the UCS line back to system/minifigs scale. Just a wonderful detailed ship at a fair price. (figs are a little odd but distinctive). The new Tie is the best yet.

Wow if I found anything like that I would bite instantly. I have yet to find anything worthwhile on craigslist but will keep looking. You will love the Tie Fighter and the YWing is also pretty awesome. Both are the best Lego representations yet.

The Gold Leaders Y Wing is the perfect case of TLG bringing things developed and learned from the UCS line back to system/minifigs scale. Just a wonderful detailed ship at a fair price. (figs are a little odd but distinctive). The new Tie is the best yet.