Oky

Super Wars!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello, everyone. Some of you might remember my Toy Wars and HogWars fusions. Well, I have taken it to a whole new level: a mash-up of Star Wars and Super Heroes! :sweet:

7069421009_a47cd50880_z.jpg

Super Wars! by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Here we have Clark Superwalker, the farm-boy who grows up to become the greatest hero in the (DC) universe; Diana Organa, the princess of Themyscira; Bat Solo, the orphaned bad-boy smuggler who prides himself on having the fastest ride around (the FalconMobile); his co-pilot Chewieverine, a hairy fellow who will rip your arms off if you anger him; their helper R2-Freeze2, a dome-headed droid; Iron Threepio, a very smart mechanical man in golden armor; Darth Magneto, a very powerful man who can lift objects with his mind; his master Emperor Jokerpatine, a pasty-faced, evil man; Grand Moff Bane and his henchmen, who work for the emperor; Boba Lexx, a bounty hunter with green power armor who is after Superwalker and his friends; The Yoddler, a strange man with a cane who always speaks in riddles; his friend Thorbi-Wan Kenobi, a very wise and powerful man with an awesome beard; and Jarjarpool, an annoying guy who just wont shut up and wont die either.

I hope you like it. :classic:

I do like your mashups, but I think this one is a bit of a stretch. The other two work so well because there are a limited number of characters in each property being mashed with Star Wars and they all have clearly defined roles. I'm not saying there isn't room for maneuverability for who gets matched with who in Toy Story, but the way you did it certainly seemed natural and fun.

You've definitely made a good effort to pair sort-of similar characters here, but since there are just so many different super-heroes it doesn't quite work out, in my mind. Your choices are of course not completely arbitrary by any means; still, it doesn't all feel as natural as your previous two mashups.

Why not try Pirates? I think with the limited number of characters, Pirates could blend with Star Wars quite well.

Very nice! :laugh:

I think I would have changed Batman and Superman.

Lex(Boba Fett) is after Superman(Solo)

Batman's main villain is Joker :shrug_oh_well:

Just my thoughts

Edited by Ceroknight

I agree with Cloney O'; the connection isn't as obvious as it was for Toy Wars. (no real opinion on HogWars, as I know practically nothing when it comes to Harry Potter) That being said, they do make sense, and above all else, the connection between Riddler and Yoda made it all worth it. :laugh:

Thanks, guys. :classic: I know it's not a perfect fit as Toy Wars was, but I think it still works and is fun nevertheless. The reason why I chose Batman to be Han is because unlike Superman/Luke, he doesn't have any powers, but he's a badass nonetheless, just like Han. The personalities just fit better, and then there is the farm boy thing and the fact that Bats and Diana had a relationship in Justice League Unlimited. Besides, Batman and Superman have shared villains many times before, so I don't see a problem with them fighting each other's nemesis. :wink:

Thorbi-Wan Kenobi, a very wise and powerful man with an awesome beard; and Jarjarpool, an annoying guy who just wont shut up and wont die either.

The two best ones :laugh:.

Pretty funny, but I liked your other two better. Maybe it's the whole crossing DC and Marvel thing. Not sure.

AWESOME mash-up 'Oky' ! :laugh:

The best one must be 'Jarjarpool' ! :laugh:

But where is one for Robin.....maybe a Padme costume ? :laugh:

These again? :hmpf::laugh: Nice job on these. I like Thorbi-Wan Kenobi the best. :rofl:

Personally I'd make Chewie into Robin and change 3P0 into Mr freeze only so you can call him free(ze)pio.

you should have waited for more figs to be released and done separate Dc and Marvel ones, as it is it seems jumbled and confused as its mixed marvel and DC and you also use some super villains as star wars heroes... it just doesn't really work for me :/

Edited by ScoutTroopy

you should have waited for more figs to be released and done separate Dc and Marvel ones, as it is it seems jumbled and confused as its mixed marvel and DC and you also use some super villains as star wars heroes... it just doesn't really work for me :/

Why would you use Vilians as Heroes that makes even less sense. :wacko:

Why would you use Vilians as Heroes that makes even less sense. :wacko:

What he said was that Oky made a few villians into heroes; namely, Riddler as Yoda and Freeze as R2-D2. Personally, the Riddle as Yoda makes a lot of sense, but I don't understand Freeze as R2. I guess it's because Freeze has a dome.

Why not try Pirates? I think with the limited number of characters, Pirates could blend with Star Wars quite well.

Because I have hardly any POTC figs. :blush: Otherwise I'd totally do it. I would love to make a LOTR one, but I don't plan on getting a lot of those sets either. If anyone has the necessary figs and wants to make either of those mash-ups, you're very welcome to do so! :sweet:

But where is one for Robin.....maybe a Padme costume ? :laugh:

I was actually thinking of making Harley Quin into Padme, but I would need the upcoming Queen Amidala fig for that, and with Magneto as Vader it wouldn't really make sense. :sceptic:

What I want to know is how come everone around me has a marvel set?!

If you have a Lego store nearby, check there. They should carry them now. Otherwise you could just order them from S@H or other sites.

Personally I'd make Chewie into Robin and change 3P0 into Mr freeze only so you can call him free(ze)pio.

I'm surprised that so many seem to be missing Robin in this. Sure, it would make sense for him to be Bat Solo's wingman, but Robin is way not cool enough to be Chewie. :tongue:

And Freeze as Threepio doesn't make any sense to me, sorry.

Darth Joker takes the cake

Indeed, forty of them. And that's terrible. :tongue:

I think chew-Hulka may have worked better. :classic:

I was thinking about that too, considering the Hulk's height, strength, and temper issues, but I decided that he is just a bit too big and stuck with regular minifigures.

I don't think waiting would have helped much. No matter which Marvel/DC characters they might release in the future, I don't think there would have been a lot of better parallels. I can see how the mixture of Marvel and DC can irk some people, but this mash-up is based on the Super Heroes theme which encompasses both universes. As for using villains as heroes, the Riddler and Freeze have been portrayed as anti-heroes before, so it's not too much of a stretch in my opinion.

What he said was that Oky made a few villians into heroes; namely, Riddler as Yoda and Freeze as R2-D2. Personally, the Riddle as Yoda makes a lot of sense, but I don't understand Freeze as R2. I guess it's because Freeze has a dome.

Correct. I couldn't find any better substitute for R2 and I didn't want to use the regular R2 when I had already "superized" Threepio.

I'm sorry if you didn't like it. It was just meant to be a fun little crossover and it's hard to please everyone's tastes in these kind of things.

And Freeze as Threepio doesn't make any sense to me, sorry.

I know, I just like the punny name.

(Although most of them don't really make sense in context anyway.)

Edited by simonjedi

Hello!

Although I didn't recognize all the characters at first, because I am not that familiar with the super heros series, I find this a fantastic collection. Such crossovers are proofs of great creativity! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I'm sorry if you didn't like it. It was just meant to be a fun little crossover and it's hard to please everyone's tastes in these kind of things.

Hey, no need to apologize! The more I think about these, they actually are really clever. It still seems like pooling a lot of different things and putting them all together into Star Wars, which is the one part that makes it a little weaker than the others. Each character separately, though, is really good.