ok,

thanks a lot everyone!

Is there other helicopter builder out there?

I searched on the forum but didn't find lots of projects?

ideas?

Not very many from what I've seen, maybe 4 or 5. I'm not sure if you've seen it, but LEGO will be releasing a helicopter this fall. It's a great looking set, but I don't think it has the authentic functionality of yours. It's still nice to see TLG make a nice helicopter though.

I've been messing around with a helicopter moc for the past 4 or 5 months, but I only work on it when I get burned out of my main projects. I may never finish it. :laugh:

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Not very many from what I've seen, maybe 4 or 5. I'm not sure if you've seen it, but LEGO will be releasing a helicopter this fall. It's a great looking set, but I don't think it has the authentic functionality of yours. It's still nice to see TLG make a nice helicopter though.

I've been messing around with a helicopter moc for the past 4 or 5 months, but I only work on it when I get burned out of my main projects. I may never finish it. :laugh:

it seems to have collective control of the blades. I don't believe in the cyclical control. But who knows, the video and pictures or not clear about it. Wathever it's cool and the blades of this set will fit my Moc very ...quickly :classic:

Edited by steph77

I rarely visit the Technic pages, but glad I did.....mind blowing AWESOME piece of engineering ! :excited:

Makes any of my add-on's of Technic into my town creations look totally second rate. :blush:

Again I'll say AWESOME work ' steph77 ' and congrats on being front-paged too. :classic:

There are a lot of official helicopter sets, but not very many helicopter MOCs. The helicopter sets tend to just have a rotating rotor but no pitch control at all. A couple of the better ones have a ball gear that allows the entire rotor disc to rotate, but no blade pitch control. Ironically, the only one ever to have actual collective was the very first one from 1977. There has never been a cyclic control. The only MOC I have ever seen with the full swashplate function was from Mark Bellis.

oh, that beauty's got cuusuu(sp?) written all over it!

KEvron

:tongue: Not very likely production with...

2906.jpg

...in it.

:tongue: Not very likely production with...

2906.jpg

...in it.

I agree with the facts that this piece need an update ...studless version

fantastic! *oh2*

immediately put it on Lego CUUSOO! :thumbup:

My MOC is already on lego cuusoo...

Tell your friends for support!

:wink: i think they are lots of potential supporter in here....

Thanks for comment.

My MOC is already on lego cuusoo...

Tell your friends for support!

:wink: i think they are lots of potential supporter in here....

Thanks for comment.

done

you have my vote!

ok,

thanks a lot everyone!

ideas?

Well there's mine I guess. Wish I had more time to design/build it but I had to do it in two weeks for the technic competition.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=420770

I have since replaced the universal joint in the rotor head with a standard axle connector so instead of the whole head tilting when using the cyclic controls, the individual blades change pitch as it turns. It also has collective control, dual controls, winch, stretcher, moving landing gear and is motorised. Unfortunately run out of time to figure out how to control the angle of the rear blades. Your solution for that is great.

this piece need an update ...studless version

oh, the heresy....

studded beams: 4 directions of connectivity. studless beams: 2 directions of connectivity.

Not very likely production

they can pull the dies out of mothballs.

KEvron

Edited by KEvron

oh, the heresy....

studded beams: 4 directions of connectivity. studless beams: 2 directions of connectivity.

they can pull the dies out of mothballs.

KEvron

Sorry KEvron, but i didn't understood what you mean. (language translation problem)

However i think that the studless offers more solution of connection than studfull. The design of the swashplate just have to be correctly done, with 2 studs oriented by 90° for each of the 4 'arms'.

:wink:

Well there's mine I guess. Wish I had more time to design/build it but I had to do it in two weeks for the technic competition.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=420770

I have since replaced the universal joint in the rotor head with a standard axle connector so instead of the whole head tilting when using the cyclic controls, the individual blades change pitch as it turns. It also has collective control, dual controls, winch, stretcher, moving landing gear and is motorised. Unfortunately run out of time to figure out how to control the angle of the rear blades. Your solution for that is great.

Hi,

I saw your job while begining mine.

Our too MOCs are very different style.

The flight commands are also very differently executed.

You use a complete structure moving up and down for the collective control.

attached at this structure you placed the cyclic controls.

It's a very efficient solution with lots of fiability. That solution needs very lots of place however.

I tried to make it more compact. All my commands are executed in 7 studs wide by 5 studs lenght and 11studs high.

That gives me place for concentrate myself on the design (as good as i could but the reaction in here confirm it!).

I think realy that your conception is very 'clean'. Much more than mine. It makes me think much more at a real TLC model than mine.

Yours is very comprehensive, very clear.

You made a very good job. Congrats. :thumbup:

Edited by steph77

One more video that shows the winch working and some other details.

The rotor was in WIP at this time.

@+

Beautiful Copter... :thumbup: :thumbup: I love the attention to detail!

That compliment from a such talentuous Mocer is great!

THANKS!

Hm, As your here, An idea for a progressive transmition using something else than usual TLC clutch?

I didn't find a correct way to realised that.

Hi everyone!

I got new project currently. It will be an helicopter again but quiet more exiting in technological design.

I'am working on a CH-47 CHINOOK model.

I didn't have onother swashplate actualy, and i don't want to take the Bell's one.

So did someone have an idea to build a homemade swahsplate?

May be someone has 2 of them to let, th'ats another issue to this problem.

Last but not least the original model as 3-blades rotors...That's a very complex problem. Official parts are ok for 4-blades rotors.

Thanks for your help.

Steph.