Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

No Disintegrations! An "Empire Strikes Back" scene

Hello everybody!

I am sure all of you remember this scene from "The Empire Strikes Back". Especially as there have already been many outstanding representations of it here in the forum. :classic: This one here is pretty simple from the setup, featuring just a simple partial bridge layout. The special thing is that the minifigures are in purist style and contain no licenses pieces. It's part of my recent project to recreate a license-free Star Wars universe. :classic: In this scene, said in short, Darth Vaders hires a group of bounty hunters to catch Han Solo.

esb-52-1.jpg

From left to right: Dath Vader, Dengar, IG-88, Boba Fett, Bossk, 4-LOM, Zuckuss.

In the pitch: three Imperial officers, Admiral Piett

esb-52-2.jpg

The complete tiny scene layout.

esb-52-3.jpg

Front view of all characters.

And here are the detail shots of the characters. :classic:

esb-52-darth-vader-lightsaber.jpg

esb-52-dengar-1.jpg

esb-52-boba-fett-3.jpg

esb-52-4-lom-1.jpg

esb-52-bossk-3.jpg

esb-52-zuckuss-2.jpg

That's it for today! :classic:

Have a great week-end, and see you soon!

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This is a great MOC! I love how you made the figs without using official parts, Boba looks especially good. :wub: Very nicely done. :thumbup:

Fantastic interpretation of the classic scene, great job as usual Legostein :thumbup: I feel these figs are the best you've come up with so far in this little series, and as I've said before I love the whole 'old-school' vibe going on with it :sweet:

This is all very clever. It's like it's 1998 again, and there is no licenses. Just using what we have available to us.

-Omi

That's sweet! I totally admire your dedication to creating a purist Star Wars! Your Zuckuss and 4-LOM are both great regardless of their purity!

Nice to see your next MOC, Legostein! I have to say, I love the solutions you've come up with for the minifigs, especially Bossk and Boba, fantastic use of parts! :thumbup:

This is most definitely your best one yet! As others have said, your minifigs choices are excellent! :sweet:

I really like the figs, very recognizable! Love the use of the tile for Fett. Bossks gun is cool. This has been a great series from you. You capture Star Wars unbelievably for not using SW specific pieces/figs.

This is so cool, it feels very vintage but at the same time unique and distinctly recognizable. My favorite has to be Lord Dark Helmet Lord Vader. :tongue:

Hello!

Thank you for your great feedback on this project! I am relieved those alternative figures found acceptance in our community. Thank you. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I have to admit, I wasn't a huge fan of this series at first, but those bounty hunters are awesome! You've truly achieved the look of the characters using non-SW parts. Love it! :wub:

Oh my, that use of the printed "T" tile is ingenious in this scenario... And it's always nice to see the minifig piraka get a little love.

I have to admit, I wasn't a huge fan of this series at first, but those bounty hunters are awesome! You've truly achieved the look of the characters using non-SW parts. Love it! :wub:

Thank you for the compliment, especiallay from a fellow figure builder. :classic:

Oh my, that use of the printed "T" tile is ingenious in this scenario... And it's always nice to see the minifig piraka get a little love.

Yeah, that "T" stands for Boba FeTTTTTTTTTT. :grin:

See you around,

Christopher

I really like your non-license interpretations of Star Wars scenes and this is no exception. The characters are instantly recognizable - even the brick built Boba. I wonder how many of these MOC's were created before the Star Wars license that never got to be seen in this kind of forum. I am sure their makers are very happy and proud of the work you have done. I look forward to your next creation.

Very clever use of non-licensed parts. They have a very good likeness to their movie counterparts.

Keep up the brilliant work!

Really great work, Legostein. The bounty hunters do look fantastic, especially Boba. :thumbup: (though, somehow, his head looks too...skinny...to me, even though the width remains about the same - it's probably just me) I kind of wish that there was more detail to the build itself, but it fits in perfectly with the 'figs and does a great job of capturing the older LEGO style, so I think it just works here. :wub:

Thanks again for the kind comments and the blog highlight! :classic:

I will definitely continue this series. Wait until you see Jabba... :wink: It will be odd. :grin:

Cheers and see you soon!

~ Christopher