Sign in to follow this  
Bricktrix

Videos of Recent Working Motions

Finally got the chance to take a few vids today of these things running, so you can see the rod / valve motions in action.

Appologies for the poor quality, (old phone memory low) but they are good enough to get the general idea of how the actions work.

Breathtaking! default_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gif I wish I could be as painstakingly precise as you default_cry4.gif...

On the front Mickey Mouse, is the cylinder supposed to rock when it goes down the line?

Outstanding valve gear for Lego.

James Powell

Thank you guys :classic:

James, on the real one no its not, on my model yes it is :laugh:

The piston box movement allows for free-er running with the way I have the rods set up on that one. Its not actually correct, but I like the extra movement it gives whilst in motion (I think it makes it more interesting to watch)

Thank you guys :classic:

James, on the real one no its not, on my model yes it is :laugh:

The piston box movement allows for free-er running with the way I have the rods set up on that one. Its not actually correct, but I like the extra movement it gives whilst in motion (I think it makes it more interesting to watch)

Oh, I know how the real ones work:

6945127487_bdfbc97302.jpg

(3.5" gauge Caribou to Martin Evan's design, at Vancouver Island Model Engineers, Daniel & James Powell in the photo, taken by Mr Jones (one of our friendly welshmen). Engine built in Ontario, finished by David Powell, worn out by me)

I wasn't sure if it was a legoism to make it work freely, I understand the level of trickery required at times to make it work in Lego Technic.

James

Edited by JamesP

Finally got the chance to take a few vids today of these things running, so you can see the rod / valve motions in action.

Appologies for the poor quality, (old phone memory low) but they are good enough to get the general idea of how the actions work.

Wow, Sensational! I had to look a few times to believe it was Lego.