deen

New Town

The lime building is ready. It's an Ice cream cafe. I found it wrote the word "ice cream" in Danish to give it more of a Danish feel, also it is much more convenient to make. I might add some kind of ice cone in the free space next to the word "is" later.

Last building will be red. Any ideas on the content for the building?

Enjoy!

cimg2632.jpg

cimg2633.jpg

cimg2634.jpg

Ok i am going to be such a girl and say the lime building is so adorable. :sweet:

Like the pink accent line. Really makes it seem like an icecream shop. Thanks for explaining the danish for ice cream... as an english speaker the big "is" on the building still makes me giggle, but is not perplexing now anyway :wink:

Red building? boat rental/rides office, travel agent, seafood restaurant, harbor museum - not sure what would be appropriate for denmark

Very nice :thumbup:

I love the progress so far, 'deen'! :sweet:

The buildings look excellent. It really captures Nyhavn from what I can tell. :classic:

EDIT: 700th post!

Edited by just2good

Have you thought about having a small police station or perhaps a post office in this moc?

indexed.gif Layout

Last building is ready. It's a pizzeria. It's a combination of two existing Lego pizzeria's. I wanted to stay to the real theme of Nyhavn, a lot of restaurants and bars. Next I will add some life and interior to the harbour.

Enjoy!

cimg2635.jpg

cimg2636.jpg

cimg2637.jpg

cimg2638.jpg

cimg2639.jpg

Its looking really good, I can't wait to see the interior! Are you going to build a couple of sailing boats to go in the harbour? I think they would capture the feel Nyhavn and just make the water a little less "empty".

shucks! when i saw the size of the baseplates on the opening post, i fainted...

the houses are looking good. good crowded place! :thumbup:

Its looking really good, I can't wait to see the interior! Are you going to build a couple of sailing boats to go in the harbour? I think they would capture the feel Nyhavn and just make the water a little less "empty".

I hope to add some bigger boats than the rowing boats. I don't have much experience with building vehicles, especially boats. But I will try my best. I did try to put the Caribbean clipper in the harbour, but as impressive as it looked, it also blocked most of the view of the buildings. An alternative for the emptiness is to reduce the width of the water by 16 studs. That way I would also gain 16 studs of building space elsewhere in the city.

:wub: This really gives you the feel of being in Nyhavn. The little red benches, the colorful buildings, and the little row boats.

Keep Bricking.

nice clean layout, and am enjoying the small details in your buildings. Great job.

Thanks for all the nice comments and advices.

I decided to take a break on the harbour to build something else. I always wanted a hospital in my city, but everytime I started one, it just ended up looking like sh*t.

Now I finally managed to finish one that I am happy with. Except for the waiting room It hasn't got an interior yet.

Enjoy!

cimg2646.jpg

cimg2647.jpg

cimg2648.jpg

cimg2649.jpg

See Lego that's a hospital in Lego City ! :innocent:

Excellent designing there 'deen', I :wub: the red window effect ! :grin:

Brick On ! :grin:

See Lego that's a hospital in Lego City ! :innocent:

Excellent designing there 'deen', I :wub: the red window effect ! :grin:

Brick On ! :grin:

Looks like one of them creepy mental hospitals...

I spotted someone famous,the guy with the fro, hanging around the yacht clubstore. It could either be Michael Jackson or Samauel L. Jackson... :laugh:

Wow, this really is coming together beautifully! The second set of buildings is just great. The colors are wonderful and is the perfect t little group. :cry_happy: yeah, I got a little teary eyed, so what. :sadnew:

:tongue:

And, oh man! that hospital is just brilliant. :wub:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Nice Hospital. :thumbup:

Would this hospital be considered "Modular"?