Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddy

FRS Marauder

thindexedgif.gif 15d

Presenting the Floating Rock Ship (FRS) Marauder...

2123247329_42fdf7f9aa_o.jpg

This is the latest in my FR series. Here, Captain Cirrus and his crew have taken a sail to a floating rock, and have made it the "Scourge of the Skies". Luckily, this ship is covered with Sky-Barnacles, but the power of the Air-Rudder makes this vessel fast, and very formidable.

Beware the Red flag!

Big Daddy, I neve realised you were into Pirate MOCing!

First thing I'd like to know is what does FR stand for? I'm shocking with accronyms and need to be told what most of them stand but with exception of "MOC" and "SNOT".

From what I gather this is a "flying" Pirate ship.

Big Daddy, I neve realised you were into Pirate MOCing!

First thing I'd like to know is what does FR stand for?

FR = Floating Rock ;-)

I've always been a LEGO Pirates fan *pirate*, although I've never posted any pirate MOCs in my gallery other than vignettes. More MOCs to come later. Right now, the FR's keep calling... :-)

Ahhhhh... FRS = Flying Rock Ship?

Tell me more about this Floating Rock series... Is this a pirates only concept or does it expand across different themes?

Also, were you looking for any particular feedback on the FRS Marauder?

This is awsome. It looks really nice. I suppose you used LURPS and BURPS, or just alot of drk gry pieces?Also, I'm wondering how you did the SNOT technique of putting the rocks upside down, was it a pin with the stud on it?? Nice figure head by the way.

Ahhhhh... FRS = Flying Rock Ship? Tell me more about this Floating Rock series... Is this a pirates only concept or does it expand across different themes?
Yes on "FRS". :-) As far as I know, "floating rocks" can span any theme. The concept is simple: rocks that float - and, nearly anything can be built upon one. Personally, I've categorized this as "Fantasy", based on the improbability of such things existing. *wacko*
Also, were you looking for any particular feedback on the FRS Marauder?
Not really. As a vessel, this asymmetrical ship was built on a floating rock, and the sail and air-rudder were designed to make it travel (instead of just float) in the skies. The rock makes for a good ram, and the sky-barnacles were an afterthought. The red flag, of course, means business. *pirate*

What's that anime with the two kids that go flying round big chunks of rock? I completely forget what that is now. Well that's what this MOC reminds me of...

Castle In the Sky??? BigDaddy, where have you gone? The rudder does look really good!

is one of the worst MOCs i have seen in my life....i hate it man...sorry

AAAH!is a floatoing rock...sotrry i haven't read it before xD

well...is original but i think you must remove the sail and change it fot other more cool ;-)

03_starboard.jpg

Here's a better of of the RHS Marauder. I'm not sure why Big Daddy used the image in the first post because it doesn't show much and he didn't put a link to the Brickshelf gallery. Brickshelf gallery you say?

MisterPhes, the picture is the link. I didn't notice the crowsnest. Interesting how he puts it on. And I never seen the lantern used with the round dome instead of just a round plate. Does the ship have an inside where the people canstay?