Sandy

Mafia School: A Bedtime Story - Day One

What and eventful few hours!!

I just caught up on the conversation and have to say that my suspicions lie with the few people here who are claiming we should reveal our allignments.... WHY in the world would we do that? To facilitate the scum picking us out one-by-one?

Suspicious!

I have to run, I'll be back later!

I think almost everyone who mentioned doing that revoked their status on that point, unless you meant more generally stating our alliance which is a stupid plan because, of course, everyone will say that he or she is a good guy, what would be the reason for stating otherwise?

By the way, you came here only a couple of times and never added anything, at all, useful. :sadnew:

This was addressed to Jack by the way, not Prince Charming.

Perhaps the same could apply to you, though, Charming. Why the Hell do I keep calling your "Prince." You lost whatever kingdom you may have had. I'm the new prince, as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, you came here only a couple of times and never added anything, at all, useful. :sadnew:

Who are you referring to?

Who are you referring to?

Jack, as my post said. My latest post was to Charming.

Never mind Aladdin, I see you have amended your statement. I find Jack's hasty departure to be a little odd, but I won't look further into it.

I think almost everyone who mentioned doing that revoked their status on that point, unless you meant more generally stating our alliance which is a stupid plan because, of course, everyone will say that he or she is a good guy, what would be the reason for stating otherwise?

While I wasn't actually suggesting we all reveal our alliance, I was defending my decision to reveal mine: I hoped that it would entice a Scum to falsely claim their alliance and make one or more slip-ups that would condemn them. Considering how hard Pinocchio incriminated herself, I'd say it was a success. :thumbup:

There have been quite a few new points made, I must check over some things in private and, when I have a moment, list how many times everyone has spoken again.

I can sort of see both sides of this. On the one hand I suppose it could work, but on the other, we can't be sure. What if they investigate/protect a Scum that was set to be killed by the Vigilante and/or Serial Killer? :sceptic:

You bring up a good point, but like Snow White said, we'd have to try and coordinate with the vigilante. A Serial Killer could be a problem though.

What and eventful few hours!!

I just caught up on the conversation and have to say that my suspicions lie with the few people here who are claiming we should reveal our allignments.... WHY in the world would we do that? To facilitate the scum picking us out one-by-one?

Suspicious!

I have to run, I'll be back later!

I believe that the term you're looking for is role, not alignment. The scum already know who their enemies are, they just don't know who have roles.

I believe that the term you're looking for is role, not alignment. The scum already know who their enemies are, they just don't know who have roles.

Agreed. Alignment claiming wouldn't help, because all the scum would claim to be town, and we'd be back at square 1.

Granted I only said a few things, but I have nothing to add to the discussion. I have no accusations to make and no fingers to point. My stance for the time being is to sit back and see what develops. Granted that laying low may be perceived as scummy but we have NOTHING to go on right now and I feel that spraying accusations left and right does not amount to anything.

While I wasn't actually suggesting we all reveal our alliance, I was defending my decision to reveal mine: I hoped that it would entice a Scum to falsely claim their alliance and make one or more slip-ups that would condemn them. Considering how hard Pinocchio incriminated herself, I'd say it was a success. :thumbup:

There have been quite a few new points made, I must check over some things in private and, when I have a moment, list how many times everyone has spoken again.

You have had a lot to say since the first minutes and, as others have said, this can be either scummy (hiding under your high number of posts) or townie (trying to trip up the scum). My mind is not made yet, let it be know though that you are not my #1 suspect though.

Also please explain how counting posts adds anything to the situation; how is that going to help me decide who is scum?

Yes, thats what I meant!

Agreed. Alignment claiming wouldn't help, because all the scum would claim to be town, and we'd be back at square 1.

It's basically a one-time-use trap, that most Scum fall for. And this time it did, giving us a solid Day 1 lynch. :thumbup:

You have had a lot to say since the first minutes and, as others have said, this can be either scummy (hiding under your high number of posts) or townie (trying to trip up the scum). My mind is not made yet, let it be know though that you are not my #1 suspect though.

Also please explain how counting posts adds anything to the situation; how is that going to help me decide who is scum?

I would be suspicious of you if you did not suspect me. :wink: Whoever said "ignorance is bliss" never played Mafia lived through a situation like ours, a better motto would be "vigilance is bliss." You are clearly quite blissful. :tongue::thumbup:

As I said before, counting speeches helps us see who's being active and who may try to fly under the radar. It's no guaranteed Scum trap, but in lieu of a particularly suspicious suspect a low-key figure is a good choice. Knowing that, Scum are forced to keep laying low and risk capture for that, or else start speaking a lot and say things they'll later regret.

Aladdin, for your information, I have not yet accused anyone, I have tried to explain the logic of some arguments, but I do not believe I have actually accused anyone. And i would prefer not to, until I have more concrete evidence to go off of.

Post counts so far (Day 1):

Aladdin/palathadric - 21

Big Bad Wolf/The_Customizer - 8

Cinderella/Flipz - 42 (including this post)

Goldilocks/Darth Nihilus - 4

Jack/Piratedave84 - 4

Little Mermaid/JaseTJ - 0

Mr. Bear/Superficial Username - 7

Pinocchio/Poison Ivy - 8

Prince Charming/Jackjonespaw - 8

Puss-In-Boots/Dakar A - 15

Rapunzel/RPGer - 5

Red Riding Hood/Lord of the Fries - 0

Sleeping Beauty/Chromeknight - 4

Snow White/LEGOman273 - 17

White Rabbit/Alex the Great - 7

Wicked Witch/Donut - 14

Ok, back to the cupboard under the stairs[/harrypotter] closet for some more private time...

Cindy, the more you talk, the more I suspect that there is something you are hiding. I agree that a few people have been hiding, and the longer they are gone, the more I suspect them. But i guess we shall have to wait and see.

Post counts so far (Day 1):

Aladdin/palathadric - 21

Big Bad Wolf/The_Customizer - 8

Cinderella/Flipz - 42 (including this post)

Goldilocks/Darth Nihilus - 4

Jack/Piratedave84 - 4

Little Mermaid/JaseTJ - 0

Mr. Bear/Superficial Username - 7

Pinocchio/Poison Ivy - 8

Prince Charming/Jackjonespaw - 8

Puss-In-Boots/Dakar A - 15

Rapunzel/RPGer - 5

Red Riding Hood/Lord of the Fries - 0

Sleeping Beauty/Chromeknight - 4

Snow White/LEGOman273 - 17

White Rabbit/Alex the Great - 7

Wicked Witch/Donut - 14

Ok, back to the cupboard under the stairs[/harrypotter] closet for some more private time...

Does anyone(Flipz) want to go back and compile data from a past mafia game the scrolls, comparing post counts to first day lynch and alignment?

Does anyone(Flipz) want to go back and compile data from a past mafia game the scrolls, comparing post counts to first day lynch and alignment?

That particularly would be less useful than one might think. A specific number of posts doesn't indicate alignment, it's a combination of post statement count, statement style, and other scumminess. There are a couple of very quiet people here who I have a read on as quiet, but Good Guy, and a couple of Scum candidates who are relatively active, but scummy as heck. Very few scumtells are worth a lynch or vigkill on their own, but together several clues can convict someone.

Aladdin, for your information, I have not yet accused anyone, I have tried to explain the logic of some arguments, but I do not believe I have actually accused anyone. And i would prefer not to, until I have more concrete evidence to go off of.

Pretend!

But I agree with you on that last point. I am hesitant to vote on anyone until we have a bit more concrete evidence, but, I'm guessing that we may never get that. :look:

I believe the lynching may begin now. I'll not be adding my vote just yet, but I am throwing that out there.

Oh, hey, wow, it has been 24 hours. Well, I don't think it's aganst the rules to vote now even though God hasn't announced voting to be open, so...

Vote: Pinocchio(Poison Ivy). Aside from the arguments I presented against her, she's not posted very much, and her defenses don't add up, as Goldilocks said at the end of this statement.

If anyone can think of a reason why Pinocchio isn't a good candidate for the lynch, I'd love to hear it, otherwise, so long, and enjoy Mirror World! :grin:

I Vote: Pinocchio (Poison Ivy)

You are Scum. I would back up my accusation, but Cindy has done it for me. Quite well, I might add.

I urge all Townies to vote for Pinocchio and keep the Scum from dividing us, which would allow a Townie to be lynched.

fm-dayone9.jpg

It was past lunchtime, and after the residents of the Fairy Tale Castle had gobbled down the last bits of their former porcine neighbor, they returned to the ballroom to cast their first votes. At the end of the day, one of them would be sent into the Looking-Glass from where there was no coming back. They just had to make sure the banished one would turn out to be a villain.

fm-dayone10.jpg

As the most enthusiastic ones have noted, the voting has begun, and will last a maximum of 48 hours.

Voting must be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch. If no one has the majority's votes on them by the end of the time limit, there will be no lynching.

Since there are 16 players, it takes 9 votes to form a majority.

fm-lesson2.jpg

Alright the voting has started. I shall Vote: Pinocchio (Poision Ivy).

For I think you have acted the most suspicious among the lot of us. Just look at the arguments between you and Cindy and the way you have acted on a whole today, you reek of scum. :sceptic:

You are the best pick the town has right now, I hope it's the right choice. If someone thinks otherwise, state who else seems more like a scum.

I would really like to not have to base my vote off of someone who we have no real evidence against. But in this case, it does seem that Pinocchio is guilty. default_sceptic.gif

Sorry, but I will have to Vote: Pinocchio (Poision Ivy).

I'd rather not vote at all, but you seem like my only choice for right now, hopefully we will have slightly more concrete evidence later on.