Sandy

Mafia School: A Bedtime Story - Day One

fm-dayone1.jpg

fm-dayone5.jpg

"EEEEK!!!"

The scream pierced the somber morning in the Fairy Tale Castle. The residents gathered around the corpse of a slain pig.

fm-dayone6.jpg

"Oh no, that's the Pig Who Built His House Out Of Bricks!" someone exclaimed.

"He was the last of the three little pigs, too..." another muttered.

"How horrible..." "This is outrageous!" "Am I next?"

Restlessness grew among the crowd.

"But look on the bright side: at least we'll eat well today."

Once upon a time the Fairy Tale Castle was a sanctuary to all fairy tale characters whose lives had taken a turn for the worse. There was room for everyone, and everyone's privacy was respected. But all that came to an end when residents started to turn up dead every morning. One by one the number of people dwindled, and the peace of the castle was broken. But now the surviving residents had had enough: the murderer must be caught by any means necessary, or soon there would be no innocent soul left.

There was one particular artefact within the castle that could solve their problem: the enchanted Looking-Glass hanging on the wall of the ballroom.

fm-dayone7.jpg

The Looking-Glass was a one-way gate to the Mirror World, but it also has the power to reveal the truth about anyone who enters through it. The desperate residents decided to banish one among them into the Mirror World each day until the culprit was found. The banished person could never return even if they were innocent, so the choice could not be taken lightly. It was decided that a majority vote was needed for anyone to get banished.

"But let's not make any important decisions on an empty stomach", someone noted. It was agreed that the voting would commence after lunch. Thus the crowd dispersed, everyone eyeing at each other suspiciously. Who would they vote for first?

fm-dayone8.jpg

At this point, Nico wakes up.

fm-dayone2.jpg

"Gosh, what a nightmare!" the boy gasped as he got up. His big brother's bedtime story had crept into his sleep. Nico couldn't wait to tell Gio all about the strange dream.

But his big brother just laughed at him.

fm-dayone3.jpg

"Haha, you promised you wouldn't be scared of my story. No more scary stuff for you, kid!"

"Oh no, you've got to continue the story tonight! Please please pleeeeease!" Nico begged.

"Awright, we'll see..."

When Nico left for school, he pondered how the fairy tale folks would end up voting. They mustn't let the bad guys win! They mustn't...

fm-dayone4.jpg

PLAYERS:

fm-ava-aladdin.jpgpalathadric as Aladdin

fm-ava-bigbadwolf.jpgThe_Customizer as the Big Bad Wolf

fm-ava-cinderella.jpgFlipz as Cinderella

fm-ava-goldilocks.jpgDarth Nihilus as Goldilocks

fm-ava-jack.jpgPiratedave84 as Jack

fm-ava-littlemermaid.jpgJaseTJ as the Little Mermaid

fm-ava-mrbear.jpgSuperficial Username as Mr. Bear

fm-ava-pinocchio.jpgPoison Ivy as Pinocchio

fm-ava-princecharming.jpgJackjonespaw as Prince Charming

fm-ava-pussinboots.jpgDakar A as the Puss-In-Boots

fm-ava-rapunzel.jpgRPGer as Rapunzel

fm-ava-redridinghood.jpgLord of the Fries as the Red Riding Hood

fm-ava-sleepingbeauty.jpgChromeknight as the Sleeping Beauty

fm-ava-snowwhite.jpgLEGOman273 as Snow White

fm-ava-whiterabbit.jpgAlex the Great as the White Rabbit

fm-ava-wickedwitch.jpgDonut as the Wicked Witch

RULES:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the
Good Guys
or the
Bad Guys
. To win the game, the Good Guys must vote or kill off all the Bad Guys, while the Bad Guys need to outnumber the Good Guys. There are no other factions in this game.

2. Each
day
will be played out in its own topic. During a day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting must be done in the following format;
Vote: Character (Player)
. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format;
Unvote: Character (Player)
. No other format will be accepted. A
majority vote
is required to lynch a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours.
You may not vote in the first 24 hours.
The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a
night
will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

Do not play the game outside the day threads
. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact your Mafia School teacher via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

fm-lesson1.jpg

Voting begins in 24 hours from now. There are 16 players, so it takes 9 votes to convict someone.

Well, that just stinks! No, seriously, get him to the kitchen already, the stench is horrendous!

Alright, people...and animals. Let's get talking. The more we talk, the less the scum can hide. Anyone care to make a first accusation?

Damn it. We're out of pigs! :cry_sad: But, life goes on, I guess....and death as well, I suppose. Those two go hand in hand, most of the time. So.....we have to send someone through the looking glass every day? I guess it's the most humane thing...they can't die in there, can they? I hope not... Okay, anyway. There's 18 of us, and we don't know how many baddies are among us. Best thing to do is just look at behavior, I guess....

Alright, people...and animals. Let's get talking. The more we talk, the less the scum can hide. Anyone care to make a first accusation?

I'll make the first inquiry: Pinocchio, are you a bad guy? *huh*

I'll make the first inquiry: Pinocchio, are you a bad guy? *huh*

And I'll make the second: Where are you coming from with that? *huh*

Damn it. We're out of pigs! :cry_sad: But, life goes on, I guess....and death as well, I suppose. Those two go hand in hand, most of the time. So.....we have to send someone through the looking glass every day? I guess it's the most humane thing...they can't die in there, can they? I hope not... Okay, anyway. There's 18 of us, and we don't know how many baddies are among us. Best thing to do is just look at behavior, I guess....

Well, the baddies know how many of them there are... :look: something to keep in mind. :wink:

But I digress, I heartily agree with your sentiment, behavior is the surest way to catch a killer. :thumbup:

I'm wondering about the Wicked witch. She would be an obvious choice. But then again, it would be too obvious. The barbque smells delicious, though!

To see if your nose grows of course.

Ah. Well, that's probably not a good way to tell because there are a number of ways for me to be a bad guy and/or a good guy without me knowing so. For example, a bad guy could be tricking me, or I could think that I was a good guy and really be a bad guy, or think I was a bad guy and really be a good guy. See now? Plus, I believe that magic only affected me as a child, and I'm not sure it still works. I haven't told a lie in a while, so maybe it still affects me.... :sceptic:

To see if your nose grows of course.

I think he's broken, it's not his nose that grows when he tells a lie... :devil:

But if he truly is a bad guy, I doubt the truth would be revealed that easily. The Bad Guys in our lives live to break the rules, it seems, and if Pinocchio were one of them, I expect he would have broken that particular spell. :sceptic:

Your accusation is noted and logged, though, and we should definitely look into it. :wink:

Oh, if only none of us would have to die... :cry_sad: Dirty rotten scumbags! :angry:

Well, actually, not everyone. Hey, Bad Guys! You missed a pig! *points at Prince Charming*

Oh, if only none of us would have to die... :cry_sad: Dirty rotten scumbags! :angry:

I do believe, and this isn't a lie, I do believe it, that only the bad guys will be killed on the way to the Looking-Glass world, and maybe the good guys would be spared? It's certainly a possibility.

Oh, goody, it appears both Mr. Bear and the Wicked Witch are both coming up with nice, juicy theories...I can't wait to hear them! The more the merrier!

I'm wondering about the Wicked witch. She would be an obvious choice. But then again, it would be too obvious.

If we were going to lynch somebody for reasons like that, and I'm not saying we should of course, but the Big Bad Wolf would be even more obvious, he really hated pigs, especially that one in particular.

Ah. Well, that's probably not a good way to tell because there are a number of ways for me to be a bad guy and/or a good guy without me knowing so. For example, a bad guy could be tricking me, or I could think that I was a good guy and really be a bad guy, or think I was a bad guy and really be a good guy. See now? Plus, I believe that magic only affected me as a child, and I'm not sure it still works. I haven't told a lie in a while, so maybe it still affects me.... :sceptic:

:wacko:

Okay, I'll make sure not to ask you "yes" or "no" questions, if any at all.

I do believe, and this isn't a lie, I do believe it, that only the bad guys will be killed on the way to the Looking-Glass world, and maybe the good guys would be spared? It's certainly a possibility.

Either way they won't be coming back, so it doesn't make a huge difference, to us. Who knows what's through the Looking-Glass?

Oh, dear, Wicked Witch, what happened? You just stood there with your mouth hanging open for five whole minutes, but nothing came out? What's the matter? Puss-In-Boots got your tounge? :laugh:

I'm wondering about the Wicked witch. She would be an obvious choice. But then again, it would be too obvious. The barbque smells delicious, though!

Wolfy and I are often misunderstood because of our names. It's a sad thing really, there's more to me than a name you know.

Bbq you say? Not even I as "wicked" as I am have the stomach to eat a former acquaintance of ours.

From my understanding, the Looking-Glass is a permanent place of banishment, life without parole if you will. Those who are sent never return! That's some powerful magic that I dare not tamper with.

Being the first day, we can't rush into pointing and calling out each other. I would like to hear from the rest of the folks before making a decision.

:wacko: Well, that's an...interesting way to say that. Oh, thanks for putting that wine in front of me. Hmm... :hmpf_bad:

If we were going to lynch somebody for reasons like that, and I'm not saying we should of course, but the Big Bad Wolf would be even more obvious, he really hated pigs, especially that one in particular.

True, but the Powers Above rarely respond well to that sort of clue. If we have no better leads, then this would be one of the better candidates, based on your reasoning, but I have a feeling these Scum will inadvertently tell us who they are soon enough...it's just a matter of time and discussion. :wink:

Either way they won't be coming back, so it doesn't make a huge difference, to us. Who knows what's through the Looking-Glass?

Alice did. We never did hear back from her, did we? Poor, poor Alice...

Being the first day, we can't rush into pointing and calling out each other. I would like to hear from the rest of the folks before making a decision.

On the contrary, it is imperative we put forth accusations as soon as possible! Discussions lead to accusations, accusations lead to defenses, defenses give us some of the little evidence we can use to find the Bad Guys, by trapping them in their words...unless one among us can see who is Good and Bad without the aid of the looking-glass, it is our most reliable way.

Oh, dear, Wicked Witch, what happened? You just stood there with your mouth hanging open for five whole minutes, but nothing came out? What's the matter? Puss-In-Boots got your tounge? :laugh:

Princess, some of us have work to do and can't respond instantaneously. I wasn't born into a noble family and have to provide for my own livelihood. This is a very poor attempt to make an accusation. For shame! :sadnew:

:wacko:

Okay, I'll make sure not to ask you "yes" or "no" questions, if any at all.

Yes, there are extremely obvious choices for this lynch, if we're going by character, but then again, a suspect can rarely be convicted just for their outlook. Yes, I agree, they won't be coming back, but still, it might be a bit of comfort to all of us that at least the good guys we send through might live a happy life. And since people are voicing suspicions fairly quickly, I'll just make a premature list here.

1. Cinderella (Flipz). True, she has made herself useful, but that can be as much a scum's tactic as a townie's. Her response to Goldie also sets me off-first, she said that discussion and accusations is the best way to catch a Scum, but then abruptly switches when Goldie said that behavior might help as well, then switched back to her previous stance when speaking to others. Her and Goldie could be on the same team, I suppose, but I tend to think that when someone agrees in such a way, contrary to a previous point, they are a suspect. When she speaks, she looks like she is trying to be helpful but instead, most of her words give us absolutely no progress on the part of the Town. This is preliminary, though, as I haven't seen enough of her behavior to fully launch an accusation. However, her agreement to Goldie sends me to my next suspect:

2. Goldilocks. Only one post to go by, but since this is Day One, basically everyone is under suspicion. The first thing about her post that rings bells for me is the amound of punctuation and pauses. It looks like she is trying to make it look longer than it is, so it looks like she's being helpful. This leads us to our final suspect of the five of us that have spoken so far.

3. Mr. Bear. So far, all he's done is make sure we know that I can't tell a lie. That could either mean that a. (the more likely) he is not very experienced in these types of situations, or b. he is trying to get me lynched for trying to get out of telling him whether I'm a bad guy or not.

As I have said, there's not much to go by at this point, but these three stand out to me, just because of small things I've noticed.

Sad that such an ingenious little pig should have to die!

I am however starving and just loooove pork chops, if only we had apples to go with it? Red riding hood, would you happen to have some on your basket??

Has anyone seen anything last night? Do we have a witness?

Princess, some of us have work to do and can't respond instantaneously. I wasn't born into a noble family and have to provide for my own livelihood. This is a very poor attempt to make an accusation. For shame! :sadnew:

I spoke in jest, right now it is too early to make a definitive case based on such things. Nonetheless, I find it interesting that your reacted so vehemently to a simple observation. Perhaps my wording was a bit harsh, but it is no crime to make an observation. Every scrap of evidence we procure is potential ammunition against the Bad Guys. :wink:

And since we are discussing this topic in particular, I find it VERY interesting that Rapunzel over there woke up, and, without even looking at us, went back to sleep. Hmm... :sceptic:

Sad that such an ingenious little pig should have to die!

Has anyone seen anything last night? Do we have a witness?

No, we decided today that enough is enough. So starting from tonight, there will be watchful eyes in the shadows.

I spoke in jest, right now it is too early to make a definitive case based on such things. Nonetheless, I find it interesting that your reacted so vehemently to a simple observation. Perhaps my wording was a bit harsh, but it is no crime to make an observation. Every scrap of evidence we procure is potential ammunition against the Bad Guys. :wink:

Of course I am going to come out and defend my name whether it is a jest or not. Furthermore, observations like the ones you made are not evidence. In fact the reverse could be said about you. While I admire your dedication and activity to the discussion, you have not yet addressed Pinocchio's statement about you.

Yes, there are extremely obvious choices for this lynch, if we're going by character, but then again, a suspect can rarely be convicted just for their outlook. Yes, I agree, they won't be coming back, but still, it might be a bit of comfort to all of us that at least the good guys we send through might live a happy life. And since people are voicing suspicions fairly quickly, I'll just make a premature list here.

1. Cinderella (Flipz). True, she has made herself useful, but that can be as much a scum's tactic as a townie's. Her response to Goldie also sets me off-first, she said that discussion and accusations is the best way to catch a Scum, but then abruptly switches when Goldie said that behavior might help as well, then switched back to her previous stance when speaking to others. Her and Goldie could be on the same team, I suppose, but I tend to think that when someone agrees in such a way, contrary to a previous point, they are a suspect. When she speaks, she looks like she is trying to be helpful but instead, most of her words give us absolutely no progress on the part of the Town. This is preliminary, though, as I haven't seen enough of her behavior to fully launch an accusation. However, her agreement to Goldie sends me to my next suspect:

2. Goldilocks. Only one post to go by, but since this is Day One, basically everyone is under suspicion. The first thing about her post that rings bells for me is the amound of punctuation and pauses. It looks like she is trying to make it look longer than it is, so it looks like she's being helpful. This leads us to our final suspect of the five of us that have spoken so far.

3. Mr. Bear. So far, all he's done is make sure we know that I can't tell a lie. That could either mean that a. (the more likely) he is not very experienced in these types of situations, or b. he is trying to get me lynched for trying to get out of telling him whether I'm a bad guy or not.

As I have said, there's not much to go by at this point, but these three stand out to me, just because of small things I've noticed.

Well done, puppet! This is exactly the sort of discussion we need.

1. I realize that my first statement to Goldilocks may be a bit unclear, so allow me to put it in plainer terms: scum, dumb, or super. The only people in this situation who will definitively know more than others are the Scum (they know how many of them there are, they know their identities, and they know their own powers) or those of us among the Good Guys who have their own powers (which I will henceforth refer to as "power roles"). I was attempting to point this out without alerting the (hopefully inexperienced) Scum that this is a tell, but looking back I can see how that might appear scummy.

2. All excellent points. I have my own theory about her, but as it involves things said in the discussion topic metagaming[/i] information from before this ordeal, I shall endeavor to keep it from affecting the current investigation until we have more information.

3. I agree that your first option is more likely, but let us not forget the third possibility: that both a. and b. are correct. The "or" in "scum, dumb, or super" is not an exclusive "or", after all. :wink:

Pork chops anyone? Cindy?

Come on, what's with all the accusations. We all know anyway who are the bad ones amongst us. It is obviously the Big Bad Wolf (As his name implies) and the wicked witch. Oh, and let's not forget Puss-in-Boots. It's like, how many options do we have? Duh! Now Cindy would you stop getting distracted. I haven't been able to keep your attention for more than 1 minute at a time since our romp in the hay. What does the pig really matter to us. It could have been the local butcher as far as we are concerned. :laugh:

No, we decided today that enough is enough. So starting from tonight, there will be watchful eyes in the shadows.

Indeed there will be...let us hope that those watchful eyes can communicate successfully with each other, lest they accidentally create a tragedy.

Of course I am going to come out and defend my name whether it is a jest or not. Furthermore, observations like the ones you made are not evidence. In fact the reverse could be said about you. While I admire your dedication and activity to the discussion, you have not yet addressed Pinocchio's statement about you.

I expected defenses, I did not expect virulence. Still, to each her own. And, as for Pinocchio's accusation, see what I said just a moment after you did. :wink:

I'd rather not have watchful eyes around at night. Horribly unromantic. If we all just stay in our beds, nobody could murder anybody. Of course, I can see quite a number of people jumping around in my bed, but as long as there's only one at a time, then the rest of you should know who it is should I be murdered in my sleep. By the way, I don't like the looks of Prince Charming. Who does he think he is anyway?