Sign in to follow this  
Si-MOCs

Room of Requirement - Hideout mode

6903654720_5b31a49f27_c.jpg

During the second Wizarding War, Neville Longbottom and several other students used the this Room as a hideout to escape the wrath of the new Death Eater professors, the Carrows. The problem was the lack of food, as it was one of the exceptions to Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration. So the hideout adapted by adding an eighth passage into Hogsmeade, connected to the Hog's Head pub. This advantage allowed Harry, Ron and Hermione to re-enter Hogwarts.

6903651982_a4f845d758_c.jpg

This was build was a bit rushed and unfortunately all the fun details are buried a bit ... like the tunnel and the underside of the roof. Overall I'm still pleased with it given the build time. But I wasn't last to finish :laugh:

While Ron and Hermione go off and snog, here's a better shot of the tunnel to Hogsmeade:

7049769687_6accaa4c88_c.jpg

Room of Requirement - Hideout Mode - Outta the way Ron and Hermione!

And a picture of the roof:

7050702157_7f605f12b1_c.jpg

Room of Requirement - Roof of Hideout

Wow.

This is really amazing! :cry_happy: I really love how you built those pillars...

Very nice! I love the pillars and basically the overall feel of this room. Very nice! Did you build this in just one day?

Thanks guys.

I'm glad you guys liked my contribution.

Very nice! I love the pillars and basically the overall feel of this room. Very nice! Did you build this in just one day?

... Yes... though to be fair, CorneliusMurdock asked me to build it a few days ago, so I planned it out in my head already.

Most of the build time was wasted watching the movies...

Very cool, the rafters have to be my favorite part. :thumbup:

I took new pics of it!

7050702157_7f605f12b1_c.jpg

Room of Requirement - Roof of Hideout

Very cool ceiling/rafters and pillars. I may have to borrow that idea sometime for some purpose.

Keep up the good builds!

That's awesome! It really feels like a cavernous room. The pillars and walls are great. Although, where's Neville?

Hello!

A lovely place! Just what I needed now. :wink: It provided the right feeling of the novel and movie when you look at the scene. I also like that column building technique with the log bricks. It gives a unique pattern! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher