Yiharua

MOC: Jeep Willys With Trailer

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Jeep+Blanco+copia+copia.jpg

This is my version of the famous Second World War vehicle, the jeep willys. First of all I´ll bring you a pair of images of the original model and some info about it:

jeep_willys_1.jpg

27178.jpg

"The Willys MB US Army Jeep (formally the Truck, 1/4 ton, 4x4) and the Ford GPW were manufactured from 1941 to 1945. These small four-wheel drive utility vehicles are considered the iconic World War II Jeep, and inspired many similar light utility vehicles. Over the years, the World War II Jeep later evolved into the "CJ" civilian Jeep. Its counterpart in the German army was the Volkswagen Kübelwagen, also based on a small automobile, but which used an air-cooled engine and lacked 4 wheel drive." Wikipedia.com

IMG_2453.JPG

As there are a lot of different jeep willys versions in the net I decided to include the trailer. I have also included some original and own ideas combined with other known ideas.

IMG_2454.JPG

In the last image you can see the rear part of the jeep. It has a spare wheel and a petrol can.

The trailer and the Jeep can be easily separated and joined by a transaparente cup you can see in the picture below. It also rotates perfectly.

IMG_2456.JPG

This is the joint:

IMG_2457.JPG

It can carry two or three soldiers. The third soldier can be removed to include some stuff. Here is the stuff:

IMG_2458.JPG

The seats can be easily removed to put the minifigs.

IMG_2459.JPG

A frontal view of the jeep:

IMG_2460.JPG

The front glass can be folded.

IMG_2462.JPG

Antoher photo:

IMG_2463.JPG

And a detail from the dashboard.

IMG_2464.JPG

And last but no least the video:

I hope you like it. The USA marines for the jeep will come early.

Thanks for commentig!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

It's very nice and authentic. You can instantly tesll what it is too and I like the accessories.

The tow hitch is insipred!

However, you really need to find the macro function on your camera! :tongue:

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Thank you again! I would like to do the hitch completly in grey, but the transparent cup does not exists in grey... (I think it only exists in yellow and black)

I am planning my next world war two vehicle. In few weeks I will post it. A clue: It is going to be a tank.

Great build! The windshield works wonderfully, especially that it can fold down :thumbup: Nice work on the trailer as well, looking forward to your next build :classic: