Sign in to follow this  
Big Cam

Even Scientists like LEGO Pirates (video)

Sorry I can't embed it here, it's not a regular YouTube video.

The video is only like 30 seconds long, but it's fun to see scientists using a LEGO pirate in a dingy getting put to the test in a wave machine.

Follow me to Gizmodo

That video was rather... anti-climatic, considering they said it was "demolished".

Still, it's interesting to see what they use and it's not always really high-tech equipment! (In the case of the boat anyway.)

That video was rather... anti-climatic, considering they said it was "demolished".

But imagine the results of a REAL boat or ship tipping over sideways from rogue waves. It could be pretty bad.

:thumbup: for the scientists, go Lego!

Still, it's interesting to see what they use and it's not always really high-tech equipment! (In the case of the boat anyway.)

I agree, I was expecting a title wave, but it's short and therefore worth it. :pir-tongue:

I just had a vision of a bunch of top scientists in white labcoats (possibly smoking pipes) stood around watching this tiny wave move sllooowwwwllly towards the Lego boat, knocking it over. "Ah so that's how it works!"

Nice find! :pir-sweet: