Sign in to follow this  
Chuck

Men O War - 3D LEGO animation at its finest

Here is a pretty cool independant CGI short-film by First Pacific Media.

1.jpg

View

on YouTube.

Enjoy!

-l2k-

2s.jpg4s.jpg3s.jpg

:-O That is probably the most impressive animated movie I've seen since years! That must have taken ages to produces! All those details! Just look at the moving brickmade water! Impressive!

Yes, this animation is amazing! Those responsible should be commended! They've even managed to include a "Wilhelm Scream"

Does anybody know those who were involved in this project? I'd love to ask them some questions right about now.

Yes, this animation is amazing! Those responsible should be commended! They've even managed to include a "Wilhelm Scream"

Does anybody know those who were involved in this project? I'd love to ask them some questions right about now.

Here ya go Phes: Outside-Hollywood

It has some background information on the animation.

-l2k-

Oh, grow up! A film of this artistry is wonderfull nomatter if it does or doesn't refect your personall admirations of character and screen-name.

And just pointing out, the name of this film is Men O' War; not Man O War, a type of marine invetebrate called siphonophore which is made of a colony of four species of polyp (Although the name of the armed vessel is in fact Man O' War).

what equipment do you people in general use to make these? just handicams or digital cameras? if you have a collection of pictures i.e. frames, what do you use to turn them into an animation?

Check out that link to the creator's site that Lego2000 posted.^^^

It has lots of information about the "filming" process.

Most part, this is all Computer Generated. I wasn't surprised that they used MLcad to build the ships. As said, I think it took them about 5 weeks to complete.

Oh, grow up! A film of this artistry is wonderfull nomatter if it does or doesn't refect your personall admirations of character and screen-name.

did i say the opposite...i said the graphics are cool... |-/

Absolutely stunning.

Beautiful animation.

@Captain Roger: I hear you. A pirate captain bested by a cabin boy. A bit silly.

Here ya go Phes: Outside-Hollywood

It has some background information on the animation.

Excellent work Mr Lego2000, I was reading this last night but didn't get round to posting the link because I was too busy Emailing those responsible.

cool graphics but i see Redbeard is a continuous loser and i hate that fact

Well he's the bad guy, the bad guy usually loses which seems to be a cliche of modern story telling. How would you have ended the animation Captain Roger?

This video is amazing...How do people do this. Hey well I guess Shreck exists so its not that amazing but its amazing for an unofficial video.

It seems that this animation is proving very popular. I've attempted to make contact with those responsible for its creation to attempt them to get them to join this discussion. There's some questions I'd like to ask them but unless they're here I can't really do that.

Does anybody know anyone behind "Man O War"?

Well he's the bad guy, the bad guy usually loses which seems to be a cliche of modern story telling. How would you have ended the animation Captain Roger?

evil guys wining arrrrrrrrrrrrr *skull*

Hmmmm...this seems to actually inspire me enough to make some pirate themed MOCs, as I like to sometimes dabble into other nont-mainstream themes such as western and pirates ;-)

-l2k-

P.S.: I should have gotten one of the pirate ranks sooner and I could have gotten some points :-P