501st Commando

Republic Hangar

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

After 8 months of on and off work I have finally finished my second largest project. The piece count is in the 15,000-20,000 range, and the dimensions are a bit larger than a 96x96 with a height of over 60 bricks. I've had a lot of fun building this MOC and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

7045941171_466e6a73a0.jpg

7045941117_ff41f9c3ca.jpg

7045941125_fd8d963c68.jpg

More on Flickr.

Looks awesome!

Love the details on the wall and nice gunship!

Good use of those dice pieces :classic:

Very well done! The RGS looks nice, and the hangar (not hanger) is impressive, most impressive! You might wanna fix that typo, though, if you're going to write the title on the image. :wink:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Beautiful! I like the smooth angles on the RGS and the greebling on the walls of the hangar. And the use of those dice, genius! :wub:

Very well done! The RGS looks nice, and the hangar (not hanger) is impressive, most impressive! You might wanna fix that typo, though, if you're going to write the title on the image. :wink:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for the blog! :classic:

:grin: Oops, thanks for telling me about the typo. I should have caught it the first time. For some reason I can't change the title (of the topic), and I'd really appreciate it if one of the mods could correct it, thanks!

@-Thanks for the great comments everyone! :classic:

I :wub: it, AWESOME work '501st Commando', the walls of the hanger are wonderfully detailed and the SNOT wings on the drop ship - a huge :thumbup: ....though it appears the ship is very clean.....then it's not Skywalker's then is it ? :laugh:

I really like that blocky RGS. :wub: And nice use of those dice. Very cool creation overall.

Awsome! I love the snot work on the gun ship. You can tell you have put a lot of time into this build and congratulations is well deserved.

Very nice work. My son and I have been brainstorming ideas for creating a MOC w/Republic Gunships and the hangar idea has come up. I really like the way your Gunship turned out. The snot work is beautiful throughout and it really gives it a sleek look.

All that time and effort has paid off! This is mouth-watering in size and detail. :drool: The addition of that lovely SNOT LAAT is the icing on a beautiful cake.

I know very little about the SW world, but this is an impressive MOC no matter what theme it is under.

Beautiful snot work and wall detailing. The ship itself is quite impressive. From the scale of the photo it doesn't look very big, then you see a close up realize how ginormous this thing really is (even though you described the size).

Awesome work. I can't wait to see more!

This looks amazing I just ordered the parts to build the official Lego LAAT and I wish it looked as incredible as this. Well done the angles on this are spot on. The only improvement I can think of is adding the side turret but it doesn't need them to look great. Awesom MOC :sweet:

Great job on this MOC! I especially like the walls, very cool use of different textures to break up this huge surface area. And using those dice from the board games as storage crates is a pretty cool idea.

Hello!

Eight months of work was definitely worth it! I appreciate the time and effort you put into this layout. :classic: The countless tiny details like the gear rack studs-down for the door make it a pleasure to look! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher