Sign in to follow this  
mephistopheles

Woodward Forest Outlaw Hideout

Hi!

I made another little vignette for an in-guild title. This hideout is located in the Woodward Forest in Avalonia. Surrounded by large pine trees a path leads to an old rock on which the Brotherhood of the Stag built a house. Nobody knows exactly were this place is. The leaders of the Brotherhood (which actually consists of many different gangs) use this place to meet regularly and discuss important matters.

With this built I claim the Prince of the Forest title!

potf06.jpg

potf08.jpg

potf13.jpg

Unfortunately the pictures are not the best. I hope you like this, since I had to sacrifice my Werewolf Encounter MOC to build this. My modular house consumes almost all the parts and money I have, so I can build these vignettes only from the few spare parts I have.

I like this quite a bit better than your werewolf encounter :thumbup:

Nice work on the textures of the house. The trees look good too,

Glad to see another active builder :classic:

Nice little vig, it has a very pleasing look to it. The telescope trees look really good, and the house is well intergrated into the cliffside. :thumbup: The only thing that i'd change would be the roof - some overhanging eaves would look great. It's a shame that you don't have more bricks to play with - have you considered pulling down your modular house to free up resources? You can always rebuild it later, right? :classic: (It's terribly expensive to moc if everything you make stays built!)

Edited by gabe

Nice little vig, it has a very pleasing look to it. The telescope trees look really good, and the house is well intergrated into the cliffside. :thumbup: The only thing that i'd change would be the roof - some overhanging eaves would look great. It's a shame that you don't have more bricks to play with - have you considered pulling down your modular house to free up resources? You can always rebuild it later, right? :classic: (It's terribly expensive to moc if everything you make stays built!)

Thanks!

No, the modular is house is absolutely of the table. That is the 1 MOC I will never de-build.

The roof, as it is, is pretty much done on purpose. It should give the MOC a shanty feeling. This house is built by thieves not by carpenters and masons!

Really nice trees! The three layers 1x1 round plates adds a nice texture to the wall also. And I agree that the roof might look a bit better if it overhung the walls a bit.

There are so many interesting techniques for things like trees, roofs, doors, etc, that I wish there was an encyclopedia of techniques for various building parts. I know there's a roof tutorial. Anyone know of a larger, more comprehensive guide? Maybe I'll put something up on the Wiki...