KateB

Buying Custom Instructions

Not sure if this has been discussed before but wanted to hear opinions on this.

I am solely a Lego set collector, I like working from instructions and am content to know what something will look like at the end before I start building (I have an intolerance of uncertainty issue!!)

I lack the creativity, imagination or vision to design my own MOCs, at least for now, so whilst browsing ebay I came across a seller in Australia who designs sets and sells the instructions:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Victorian-Town-Custom-House-Modular-Instructions-10224-10190-10185-10197-/290694125552?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43aeb857f0

The Victorian House particularly caught my eye and wondered if anyone has purchased someone elses custom instructions before and what their experience was. Generally what do you think? Instructions for the furniture would be a good thing to have as I primarily collect house sets.

I can imagine that buying bricks for the whole set would cost an absolute fortune!

Comments/suggestions welcome :classic:

Thanks.

Try this topic. You'll find answers to most of your questions :)

Fully Brick Models, the seller you're referring to, isn't mentioned there. But I've purchased a set of instructions from that source, too, and it looks very good. I haven't built that building yet, though, because as you say, it would cost a fortune to do so. These buildings are very detailed, and therefore contain an awful lot of parts.

Try this topic. You'll find answers to most of your questions :)

Fully Brick Models, the seller you're referring to, isn't mentioned there. But I've purchased a set of instructions from that source, too, and it looks very good. I haven't built that building yet, though, because as you say, it would cost a fortune to do so. These buildings are very detailed, and therefore contain an awful lot of parts.

Great stuff, that's very helpful thank you. I figured the topic may have been covered previously but couldn't find it when doing a search.

I love the idea of buying custom instructions so this will give me plenty to get my teeth into :sweet: