Sign in to follow this  
Cirkit

Buff Meltdown

Hey all.

I'm back with a creation I made last night while I was trying not to fall asleep. I finally dismantled my Meltdown MOC (who's thread I can't seem to find), and decided to do something different with the parts. It was different, but very much the same.

I'll just cut to the chase here. Here's some pics. Not as blurry as before, thank goodness.

Front:

rsz_100_4663.jpg

Back:

100_4666.jpg

Top(with view of how back connects):

rsz_100_4667.jpg

Random side:

rsz_100_4668.jpg

Pose:

100_4669.jpg

Attacking the Camera:

100_4670.jpg

Tell me what you guys think, okay?

After this, I think I might attempt Corroder :D

And if not, then I'll just post up that big, hulking figure I made not to long ago.

The only problem will be taking photos.. as the guy is completely black, and black is hard to take pictures of.. so..

might be a little while.

By the way, apologies for the size of the pics. I did try and run them through a free photo resizer, but alas, they are still gargantuan. I'll be working on that. :/

Cirkit out!

Edited by Cirkit

Thanks for the kind comment. This Meltdown uses a fair less number of parts than the other, so it's less jumbled and slightly more appealing. At least to me, anyway.

What do you like about it?

Edited by Cirkit

the older one looked like a hunchback but the new one looks cool because it is more armored. also I like the way you placed the tubes.

I rate it a 9/10 because meltdown was my favorite villian in the first series and the way you made him with the new building system was

amazing, good job!also I noticed you found your green tentacle.

Thanks! While the Hunchback look was intended, I agree that it could look a little odd for Meltdown. I had lots of fun moving the tubes around, glad you like em'.

Thanks for the great score! Melty was my favorite too, after Xplode anyway :P

That darn tentacle was lying right next to my Bionicle collection box.. right in plain sight. How did I miss that earlier Dx

Thanks again for the kind comments, I do enjoy the feedback. :)

Nice! I've also thought about redesigning Series 1 with the 2.0 builds. Meltdown looks great here, everything flows nicely and I like the tube connections. The only thing is that the foot on his back actually resembles his head!

I'd like to see Corroder!

Optimus99, by replying and saying that you've double posted, you've double posted again. Kind of funny if you think about it. Merge the post with the older one or something.

And S N O T, thanks for the comment. I'm not sure why I kept the eye on the foot, guess I just forgot about it. But it is kind of funny now that you've brought it up.

I'm not sure how I'll do Corroder just yet, I'm still tinkering around with ideas... next up, I'll be posting some of my Heroes.

Till then, catch you later!

Edited by Cirkit

Great design! I love how you've converted him to the new building system while keeping the most distinctive parts of his design. I kind of preferred the glowing red eye to the green one since it has more contrast with the green parts on him, but obviously that's personal preference.

I think the top view pic shows the main flaw of this design-- his "butt" sort of bulges out from his back. But on the whole this design is brilliant.

Great design! I love how you've converted him to the new building system while keeping the most distinctive parts of his design. I kind of preferred the glowing red eye to the green one since it has more contrast with the green parts on him, but obviously that's personal preference.

I think the top view pic shows the main flaw of this design-- his "butt" sort of bulges out from his back. But on the whole this design is brilliant.

Well thanks! Glad to see my goal was met. I partially agree about the eye, to me it make Melty look more 'evil', but I wanted to try the green for a more sickly, slimy feel. Starting to regret it about now, now that the whole thing's dismantled.

LoL. That's funny. I've been trying to think of a replacement part I could have used, but the only thought that comes to mind is using a piece of yellow or black armor, a ball, and a blue o--+ piece in a hole on the back. But, oh well. Also kind of looks like he's got a boil on his butt with that eye, but, moving on..

Thanks very much for the comment, it really means a lot to me. :)

Edited by Cirkit

Wow! Great job! The shin guard armor on the back looks amazing!

Thanks Masta' Blasta'! It took some work, and in the end I think it still didn't look quite right, but I'm glad you like it!

Would you like me to post up some pics on how to connect them like that?