Sebeus I

Flying Dutchman

Beautiful! There is so much I like about this MOC, the details, color scheme, and great piece usage too! :wub: Stunning!

its amazing, a very big ship, congratulations.

why you dont try to make the titanic??? will be great

Nah, I think it's time to return to the main land, I've been at sea for too long now

(I have made practically only ships the last months (year)).

I want to make cars and stuff, I'll throw in a boat here and there but nothing as big as the Titanic :pir_wacko:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Nah, I think it's time to return to the main land, I've been at sea for too long now

(I have made practically only ships the last months (year)).

I want to make cars and stuff, I'll throw in a boat here and there but nothing as big as the Titanic :pir_wacko:

but if you want u can make it smaller, just the french cafe, the restaurant and some rooms. would be nice.

i really was waiting for some sets of lego about the titanic, at least minifigures of rose and jack.

Wow, I don't often venture out of the Lego Star wars forum seas (pun intended :pir-sweet: ) but I must say that this is a magnificent creation.

I'm having trouble coming up with something to say about how insanely impressive that is without swearing. It's gorgeous and... yeah, insanely impressive.

I've been silently watching the creation of this ship for some time. It is beautiful to see it so close to being complete! I can't wait to see the sails!

I already love this ship. I like it for both size and detail. Since you said that you will modify it, my suggestion is to add glow-in-the-dark pieces, as sightings in the 19th and 20th century reported that the ship glowed.

My god, all I can say is that you sir have my respect. This is a wonderful moc and portrays the flying Dutchman perfectly, the organ is superb and it almost looks as if you have plucked this right out of the film. :pir-wub:

wow, one of the best ship-mocs ever!

I like the interior and the outside colors very much. Congrats.

Very nice... i've seen a lot of dutchman builds and this one captures the ship best. Truly brilliant build!

That is just plain awesome. I really admire all of the detail that you put into your MOC of the Flying Dutchman. I only wish that I had the resources to build one like it. Thanks for posting. :pir-classic:

I'm gonna nag; I really don't like the back of those tan mast pieces. 2x2 round bricks would look much nicer! :pir-tongue:

But all nagging aside, the rest is really great and I can;t wait to see it fully rigged and under sail!

This also proves that great sail ships can be made on a smaller scale with quite a simple basic brick hull.

Keep it up sir! :thumbup:

Wow. Absolutely stunning. Not only is it huge but it also totally captures the identity of the Flying Dutchman. You've really managed to infuse it with that sense of decay and stagnation which made the film version so unique and iconic. Fantastic job :thumbup::jollyroger:

I shall now pick my jaw up from the floor :wink:

I'm really glad to see this ship finished after seeing all the work and discussions in the WIP-thread.

It turned out really good, all the details seem to match each other and all in proportion.

I know you didn't build the port side, but the video and pictures carefully avoid looking at it, which made me very curios on how it looks. Do you mind posting a pic of it?

Bart

I'm really glad to see this ship finished after seeing all the work and discussions in the WIP-thread.

It turned out really good, all the details seem to match each other and all in proportion.

I know you didn't build the port side, but the video and pictures carefully avoid looking at it, which made me very curios on how it looks. Do you mind posting a pic of it?

Bart

At this point I only have this picture...

dsc06096.jpg

but it's too dark to see any interior so I'll make a new pic soon :pir-classic:

i only saw this thread because it was posted on the Frontpage of Eurobricks!

that is 1 GREAT ship! are you intending to "wall" up the port side?

i like that the ship was built from scratch!

i only saw this thread because it was posted on the Frontpage of Eurobricks!

that is 1 GREAT ship! are you intending to "wall" up the port side?

i like that the ship was built from scratch!

Yes, I can't justify another bricklink order at the moment but I intend to complete the ship sometime.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Last saturday I was at Brickmania, I met Captain Greenhair and Bonaparte Napoleon and on this occasion I took this picture:

afb035small.jpg

Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion and Flying Dutchman engaging in battle

Unfortunatly I totally forgot to bring my camera to the event so this is taken with my gsm,

nevertheless I like this picture a lot because it really captures the bulkiness of the flying dutchman, which many other pictures fail to capture.

More in my brickshelf folder.

This was also the first time I transported the flying dutchman over great distance, when I arrived the prow was pretty much demolished and several details from the stern detached but overall it sticked together quite well.

Oh and also important, my Flying Dutchman was the biggest sailing ship of all :pir-devil:

bigger that the spanish galleon, bigger than the Prince of Whales though it may not look like that because the FD doesn't have sails yet.

An extra motivation to get working on those sails, it will attract more attention that way :pir-grin:

I hope I have it finished completely by next year (which is very realistic).

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

you should post that last picture with the FD compared to the SUV's at mocpages aswell, hehe

Edited by Morthen

Quite simply the best PotC Flying Dutchman I have ever seen made with real bricks. :pir-wub: I don't think there's much else to add. Congratulations! :thumbup: