ACPin

TC-14 Lego Promo

Nice pictures, the print look really sharp compared to the old chrome C3PO, those grey hands still bug me, all I can say is, TLG why?

I'm sure the reason for the grey hands is because the hands are a softer plastic than the body and doesn't take plating well, and since this is more of a release than the gold chrome C-3PO they will probably be opened an played with more by younglings (and us oldlings too!)

Thanks for the new photos Mutley. I'm really looking forward to next month; I've already booked the 4th off to make sure that I can get my hands on one. And, speaking of hands, I'm not too bothered about the colour difference as I'm sure that Lego have done this for a good reason. Hopefully, it's because they've been mass produced! :wink:

I just hope that everyone will be able to get one; the current price on Ebay is just wrong :hmpf:

Like I said a few pages ago, if the recent Shadow ARF promotion is any indication, you might not have to buy only SW sets, despite what the ad says, at least when ordering online. You could just get a SW battle pack or keychain even and then add sets from other themes to your cart until you reach $75 and the polybag will be added to your list as long as you have something from SW in your order. That's how it was for me anyway and it might work for TC-14 as well, so don't go off on rants just yet.

Will they do this in-store? If so, I'll grab $20-40 worth of LSW and still be able to afford Collectible Series 8 and some Superheroes without blowing my Ninjago budget for the year. :thumbup:

Also, what leads DO we have about what will be on sale from the 4th-5th?

Was in the Lego store in Frankfurt, Germany today and they didn't knew anything about this promo, or what will be on sale for 4th May. Last year it was identical, though, if I remember correctly.

Also no trace of new minifigures or Marvel. They didn't have any idea when these arrive.

Hi everyone the UK Lego store calander is up and confirms that TC-14 will be available on the forth and fifth of May. It also confirms that the amount of money that needs to be spent is £50. Lastly it mentions that you can get it in lego retail stores however if your planning to go to you local Lego store like I'am. I would ring them the day before just to be sure. You can view the calander on Lego.com or brickset

Hi everyone the UK Lego store calander is up and confirms that TC-14 will be available on the forth and fifth of May. It also confirms that the amount of money that needs to be spent is £50. Lastly it mentions that you can get it in lego retail stores however if your planning to go to you local Lego store like I'am. I would ring them the day before just to be sure. You can view the calander on Lego.com or brickset

Yahoo so it is available here in the UK I will have to take a trip to my local lego shop. :classic:

Was in the Lego store in Frankfurt, Germany today and they didn't knew anything about this promo, or what will be on sale for 4th May. Last year it was identical, though, if I remember correctly.

Also no trace of new minifigures or Marvel. They didn't have any idea when these arrive.

Well... I was in the Berlin LEGO Store today and they knew about TC-14. As always, only given away with Star Wars purchases and a fair repartition so there will be enough promos available for the fourth and the fifth (they got a pack for every day usually).

Greetings

-Bane

Went today to pick up my Space Marines and got a flyer stating €55 - which is rather fair I think. (I believe this is the limit for all €-Europe) They were not sure though about what sets will be on offer.

Flyer saying in specific

- free TC-14 with purchase of LSW stuff over €55

- free R2-D2 poster with all LSW purchases

- free Mini Tie with all LSW purchases

- exclusive offers and free standard shipping for orders over €55

They probably won't discount new 2012 sets, so I would assume they will discount the MF to €120 and something CW-ish.

Lego at Westfield Stratford (London) have confirmed the promotion with the same flyer, UK limit is £50. They have circa 200 TC-14s on hand.

Oh, I also got a sneak peek at UCS R2-D2 as it has arrived in store stock. UK cost is £150, sales start 1st May.

I think the reason that tc14 will be a big seller is that like c3po and vader the chrome makes the fig more realistic. I don't know how many times I've seen the films (a lot) but I can tell you I have never seen a silver stormy or white boba in any of them.

There was a deleted scene that had them at a dance club.

Flyer saying in specific

- free TC-14 with purchase of LSW stuff over €55

- free R2-D2 poster with all LSW purchases

- free Mini Tie with all LSW purchases

- exclusive offers and free standard shipping for orders over €55

That's awesome! So for the US it will probably be:

-Free TC-14 and free shipping for SW purchases over $75

-Free R2-D2 poster and Mini TIE Fighter with all SW purchases

-Some kind of sales (I'm guessing the Death Star, Millennium Falcon, Republic Frigate, and maybe the Imperial Shuttle)

Sounds good to me- the free shipping and TC-14 is enough for me to pull the trigger.

My mum randomly bought me the republic frigate which I received on Saturday.... no idea why, she doesn't normally do that :wacko:

So I might drop hints how the Death Star will most likely be on sale too :tongue:

My main gripe is that $75 is a lot to spend on a theme that, franky, is a low priority for me. If it had been $50, I wouldn't have complained; between 2 or 3 different sets, I would have TC-14, and I'd be happy. $75 takes a huge chunk out of my budget, especially with a second promo later in May.

(emphasis added)

Well, okay, but if the Star Wars theme is a low priority for you, why does it matter so much whether you get one of these minifigures or not? Wouldn't you be more interested in figures (and other parts, and sets, etc.) from some other theme, anyway?

(emphasis added)

Well, okay, but if the Star Wars theme is a low priority for you, why does it matter so much whether you get one of these minifigures or not? Wouldn't you be more interested in figures (and other parts, and sets, etc.) from some other theme, anyway?

A chrome figure is just that. A chrome figure. Who doesn't like chrome? I'm sure a bunch of kids would nag their parents to spend $75 on SW sets instead of their usual City (or whatever kids that aren't into SW buy) just to get this figure...

A chrome figure is just that. A chrome figure. Who doesn't like chrome? I'm sure a bunch of kids would nag their parents to spend $75 on SW sets instead of their usual City (or whatever kids that aren't into SW buy) just to get this figure...

Completely agree with you. Kids love shiny objects, don't they? Ok, at least I do. TC-14 is going to be a hit.

Right, but it's not just a generic chrome minifigure; it's a chrome Star Wars protocol droid, and chromed for a reason - the character is chrome. It's not just chromed to illustrate that TLG can chrome a minifigure, with the expectation kids will want to use the torso and legs to make a chrome cop or chrome firefighter - if it were, it'd have a less distinctive torso print (or none at all).

The chrome is simply a characteristic of the character, who happens to be a Star Wars character. It may have been chosen for the promo because the chrome makes it a distinctive, flashy figure, but ultimately this is first and foremost a minifigure of TC-14, and the chrome is an aspect of that, rather than it being first and foremost a chrome minifigure who happens to be TC-14.

Even if other kids want it just because it's chrome, the obvious, reasonable and natural expectation is that LEGO Star Wars fans will want it even more, because it's a Star Wars character and it's chrome.

I got my email from Lego today advertising TC-14, there isn't really anything I want though :( already bought loads of the new sets :) I hope there are some new sets out for the 4th & 5th.

Might just end up getting UCS R2.

I wanted the UCS R2 since I saw it so its the perfect time to pick it up even though tc-14 doesn't do much for me I hope they are running more deals than just the free figure.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the May the 4th page is now live, but it's just a teaser for now, so no info on any other promotions yet.

I find it odd that LEGO would send us an email about May the 4th and 5th and give us a link to a page that gives us no further information. They should have waited until there's actually useful information/details on the page for us to read. Oh well, be on the lookout to lookout.

I find it odd that LEGO would send us an email about May the 4th and 5th and give us a link to a page that gives us no further information. They should have waited until there's actually useful information/details on the page for us to read. Oh well, be on the lookout to lookout.

Their email specifically says come back on the 4th and 5th, they are building suspense.