ACPin

TC-14 Lego Promo

Hmm I am still considering if I should spend the £75 at lego.com beceuse you can get the equivilent of £75 worth of sets on amazon for about £55. Is it worth it.

Well You dont get the VIP points. I got lucky last year. I bought the Dropship and got 3 ARF troopers at my local store. Since the Dropship was the equivalent of spending $75x3 times so I should get 3x ARF troopers. So hopefully if R2 is available, I will get him and two TC-14 figs. One to open and one to keep sealed.

Well You dont get the VIP points. I got lucky last year. I bought the Dropship and got 3 ARF troopers at my local store. Since the Dropship was the equivalent of spending $75x3 times so I should get 3x ARF troopers. So hopefully if R2 is available, I will get him and two TC-14 figs. One to open and one to keep sealed.

Saw the pict on eBay... How could he get it one month before the release !?

I suppose the Lego wants to be fair. They aren't just going to only let people get TC-14 with purchase of LSW sets, because some people might buy Ninjago and LSW, or something like that. Plus, they might have too many TC-14s laying around.

What is there to be fair about? The promo is for Star Wars Lego fans! So when a Star Wars lego fan buys star wars lego he gets a free promo! Pretty simple if you ask me.

Just read the image, it does not say with any $75 purchase. I hope they are very strict this year and then the fans that want the promo with their Star Wars buys get it and don't miss out like some did last year.

7040066839_5b58503491_z.jpg

I think we are assuming that you need to spend $75 in only Star Wars Lego. While not explicitly detailed as such, I suppose you could go to a Lego Store, buy a $40 SW set and then something else for $35. It is at the discretion of the store Employee. I think we can agree that the "spirit" of the promo is to buy SW Lego. I might get the new Tiefighter cause I want the droid and Death Star trooper. With the R2 set, I might be able to get 3 TC-14s. hehe.

I've just seen the ones listed on Ebay, £75 each and 5 of the 6 available are already sold!!

I've got to get one of these; in my opinion they're on a par with the limited edition C-3PO! :wub::wub:

Shiny Lego minifigures - life doesn't get much better :laugh:

I think we are assuming that you need to spend $75 in only Star Wars Lego. While not explicitly detailed as such, I suppose you could go to a Lego Store, buy a $40 SW set and then something else for $35. It is at the discretion of the store Employee. I think we can agree that the "spirit" of the promo is to buy SW Lego. I might get the new Tiefighter cause I want the droid and Death Star trooper. With the R2 set, I might be able to get 3 TC-14s. hehe.

I have the calendar and the details on the back do say that you must purchase $75-worth of Star Wars items, though I agree that the employees will probably be more lenient.

Saw the pict on eBay... How could he get it one month before the release !?

A fake probably? Or a leak somewhere?

I've just seen the ones listed on Ebay, £75 each and 5 of the 6 available are already sold!!

I've got to get one of these; in my opinion they're on a par with the limited edition C-3PO! :wub::wub:

Shiny Lego minifigures - life doesn't get much better :laugh:

The seller had 8 of those now and 6 had been sold.

I guess it is better to head on down to a Lego store and get one of those or get it from the Lego shop.

I do not support those scalpers from eBay.

Edited by Esurient

A fake probably? Or a leak somewhere?

The seller had 8 of those now and 6 had been sold.

I guess it is better to head on down to a Lego store and get one of those or get it from the Lego shop.

I do not support those scalpers from eBay.

I think the reason that tc14 will be a big seller is that like c3po and vader the chrome makes the fig more realistic. I don't know how many times I've seen the films (a lot) but I can tell you I have never seen a silver stormy or white boba in any of them.

Edited by Sam892

I think the reason that tc14 will be a big seller is that like c3po and vader the chrome makes the fig more realistic. I don't know how many times I've seen the films (a lot) but I can tell you I have never seen a silver stormy or white boba in any of them.

I totally agree- whilst white Boba was based on Ralph Mcquarrie's concept art (I believe), I think the majority of SW fans would rather see something based on the films, and when chroming can enhance the realism, makes the fig consequently more sought after.

I have the calendar and the details on the back do say that you must purchase $75-worth of Star Wars items, though I agree that the employees will probably be more lenient.

What is there to be fair about? The promo is for Star Wars Lego fans! So when a Star Wars lego fan buys star wars lego he gets a free promo! Pretty simple if you ask me.

Just read the image, it does not say with any $75 purchase. I hope they are very strict this year and then the fans that want the promo with their Star Wars buys get it and don't miss out like some did last year.

I think it's best to go into this expecting just one TC-14 minifig for a purchase over $75.00. It's only fair that way. I have been lucky with promos and last year was able to pick up a Shadow ARF Trooper for myself and my son.

However as mutley 777 has stated, I hope LEGO stores are strict and follow the guidelines of the promo. I have a feeling TC-14 is going to be highly sought after by most LEGO Star Wars fans and I'd really hate to see anybody miss out. Last year, the Shadow ARF Trooper promo was extended a week past the promo and I remember reading reports that some LEGO stores were selling the minifigs to get rid of them.

I think it's best to go into this expecting just one TC-14 minifig for a purchase over $75.00. It's only fair that way. I have been lucky with promos and last year was able to pick up a Shadow ARF Trooper for myself and my son.

However as mutley 777 has stated, I hope LEGO stores are strict and follow the guidelines of the promo. I have a feeling TC-14 is going to be highly sought after by most LEGO Star Wars fans and I'd really hate to see anybody miss out. Last year, the Shadow ARF Trooper promo was extended a week past the promo and I remember reading reports that some LEGO stores were selling the minifigs to get rid of them.

I'm not gonna lie. I capitalized on that. I went back May 5th and bought 10 more ARF troopers. I then traded them for Zombies and a Jabba. Everyone was happy.

Edited by Solscud007

I'm not gonna lie. I capitalized on that. I went back May 5th and bought 10 more ARF troopers. I then traded them for Zombies and a Jabba. Everyone was happy.

I agree If in my nearest Lego store there selling the Tc-14 figs separately I'm gonna buy them buy the bucket load. I think they will though as well at Christmas they were selling the two christmas sets that came free with purchases of £50 or more. I know it's wrong but I think most people who are presented the chance to buy multiple would. It's also handy to have a couple knowing my luck I would get one and a few months down the line the arms would get cracks or something.

7040066839_5b58503491_z.jpg

Speaking of fair, what about the people I was answering earlier who already bought LEGO SW sets in excess of $75 this year and for whom there are not $75 worth of SW LEGO left to buy? It's a promo. By it's very nature, it's exclusionary. I tried to be helpful and answer a question that was being asked and I got grief for it. If I truly wanted 3 Shadow Troopers and it was limited to SW sets I would've still got them by buying $225 worth of SW sets split across 3 orders. Other people would still miss out. I believe it is in TLG's best interests for people to buy sets they actually want and not just sets that fit a very narrow category to get a promo and for that reason they won't make people buy only SW sets to get the promos. If fairness were their concern they would simply sell the figures. Their concern is sales, and as such, it makes sense for the promo to be open to all sets because the number of total LEGO fans is larger than the number of LEGO SW fans.

Speaking of fair, what about the people I was answering earlier who already bought LEGO SW sets in excess of $75 this year and for whom there are not $75 worth of SW LEGO left to buy? It's a promo. By it's very nature, it's exclusionary. I tried to be helpful and answer a question that was being asked and I got grief for it. If I truly wanted 3 Shadow Troopers and it was limited to SW sets I would've still got them by buying $225 worth of SW sets split across 3 orders. Other people would still miss out. I believe it is in TLG's best interests for people to buy sets they actually want and not just sets that fit a very narrow category to get a promo and for that reason they won't make people buy only SW sets to get the promos. If fairness were their concern they would simply sell the figures. Their concern is sales, and as such, it makes sense for the promo to be open to all sets because the number of total LEGO fans is larger than the number of LEGO SW fans.

I think you are wrong on this statement. I have no problem with a Star Wars fan buying 3 orders of Star Wars sets over $75 (or £50)to get 3 of the fig. As I said in my last post this is a promo for Star Wars fans first and foremost! Last year people were buying other large sets from other lines and getting the fig, while some Star Wars fans missed out! On what form of rationalization is that fair! The target consumer was being let down while others managed to get loads for their Bricklink stores and ebay sales.

Go and read the May the 4th topic from last year and see the posts from all the fans that missed out, as others who weren't buy sets and were not even fans got the fig!

Then come back here and tell me what is fair again!

It clearly states $75 on SW sets, it is entirely fair that only people who buy LSW are eligible for the promo fig. Like mutley said, it is exclusionary.

I also believe the promo is intended to support an increase in LSW set sales, hence why it is shown in their text to be only eligible with LSW purchases. How could they increase LSW sales if they open it to everyone?

So the only way to give a sudden boost in LSW sales would be make something special come free with pure LSW purchases.

I do hope though that for the UK it isn't as much as £75 :(

Well last year the May the forth promo was £50 of star wars sets (don't get me going again :laugh: ), so hopfully it will be the same this year. :thumbup:

It clearly states $75 on SW sets, it is entirely fair that only people who buy LSW are eligible for the promo fig. Like mutley said, it is exclusionary.

I also believe the promo is intended to support an increase in LSW set sales, hence why it is shown in their text to be only eligible with LSW purchases. How could they increase LSW sales if they open it to everyone?

So the only way to give a sudden boost in LSW sales would be make something special come free with pure LSW purchases.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Just to add to what's already been said. This is a "May the 4th" promo targeted at LEGO Star Wars fans. For the past few years, this is the one time a year that LEGO shows a lot of love to the fans of their greatest license. Those of us that live in a place where we can take advantage of this promo are very lucky. I really feel for the other fans that will have to acquire the promo minifig through eBay or Bricklink.

I think you are wrong on this statement. I have no problem with a Star Wars fan buying 3 orders of Star Wars sets over $75 (or £50)to get 3 of the fig. As I said in my last post this is a promo for Star Wars fans first and foremost! Last year people were buying other large sets from other lines and getting the fig, while some Star Wars fans missed out! On what form of rationalization is that fair! The target consumer was being let down while others managed to get loads for their Bricklink stores and ebay sales.

Go and read the May the 4th topic from last year and see the posts from all the fans that missed out, as others who weren't buy sets and were not even fans got the fig!

Then come back here and tell me what is fair again!

You missed my point. Of course it is entirely unfair. It is a promo. That is the nature of a promo. Is the kid who buys an expensive SW set in Wal Mart (or Target, TRU, wherever) on May 4th with his saved allowance, birthday money, etc any less a fan? Is he somehow less deserving of a promo because he doesn't know about it or is unable to take advantage because he doesn't live near a LEGO store or can't order because all he has is cash? That's my point. A promo is about the right place at the right time and is exclusionary at it's very core. They don't care that it doesn't reach just SW fans. If they did, they would enforce their own rules. Hearing that some SW fans didn't get the promos last year isn't a moving argument because any of them that didn't shop directly with TLG didn't get one. Were I one of the people who placed an order but didn't get one I would be asking TLG "why not?" since they obviously have found more since then instead of jumping someone who is trying to be helpful (to Star Wars fans I might add). I posted to answer a question. If you have a problem with the way TLG conducts themselves, take it up with them. I have no problem with it and I imagine anyone else who already owns all of the sets they have for sale that they want to own feels the same way. They are still going to get my money on May 4th and they already got my money for SW sets, so what's the problem?

You missed my point. Of course it is entirely unfair. It is a promo. That is the nature of a promo.

:wacko:

What are you talking about! The promo offer is great not unfair! We have know this was coming for a while now as this is not the first time we have had a May the 4th offer.

I think you missed my point. All I want is TLC to stick to their own terms and conditions and only give the minifig to Star Wars purchases. This is what should have happened last year but it did not so some fans missed out. All this means is hopfully they have the online checkout system set correctly this time so that it works as it should.

Well said Mutley! :thumbup:

Lego are one of the best companies I've ever dealt with, and their Customer Services are superb. I can't see how anyone would feel that they are being 'unfair' in any way. My nearest Lego store is 100+ miles away so I use their website, or via the old-fashioned way by using a telephone to order from them! I'm sure that most parents would be very willing to pick up the phone on behalf of their child if required (and pay via a card) so I don't think that argument really stands. In most promo events they also offer free postage, and for larger sets this can be a considerable saving.

Admittedly, there was a problem with last year; as far as I understand it they had two 'reservoirs' of promo figures (one for the US & one for Europe) and due to the error with the online checkouts they sold out too quickly in Europe, but had plenty of surplus in the US. It must be very difficult for them to guage the demand for these figures, so I can understand why there was a problem. However, I'm confident that they will do their upmost to prevent the same thing from happening again.

I can't see why anyone would critise Lego for giving away free Lego; especially shiny Lego! :wink:

:wacko:

What are you talking about! The promo offer is great not unfair! We have know this was coming for a while now as this is not the first time we have had a May the 4th offer.

I agree that it is great, but that doesn't change the fact that it is unfair. I can't walk into a Wal Mart and simply buy one. I can't get one for spending $75 on SW LEGO outside of their stores. It is unfair by any definition of the word fair, so throwing around the fairness argument makes little sense, which is my point. It is by it's very nature already unfair so it being a little less fair (though I don't see how) by being open to anyone who buys $75 worth of stuff from them on May 4th is a non argument. If anything it's even more fair by being open to a wider range of customers.

I think you missed my point. All I want is TLC to stick to their own terms and conditions and only give the minifig to Star Wars purchases. This is what should have happened last year but it did not so some fans missed out. All this means is hopfully they have the online checkout system set correctly this time so that it works as it should.

I got your point. I'm saying they don't care or they would've done it right in the first place (or corrected it once they saw the problem). They want revenue. I imagine it doesn't matter a whole lot to them which sets you buy, so long as you are buying. Given the overall lack of sale pricing on SW across the board, I believe it doesn't need much (if any) help to sell. TLG is just doing the opposite of TRU. TRU says "All LEGO on sale" when they really mean "All older and less popular LEGO on sale unless we messed up and left something in the system or it just came out and we haven't caught it yet, and absolutely no SW". TLG is doing the opposite. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone is complaining about that.

I agree that it is great, but that doesn't change the fact that it is unfair. I can't walk into a Wal Mart and simply buy one. I can't get one for spending $75 on SW LEGO outside of their stores. It is unfair by any definition of the word fair, so throwing around the fairness argument makes little sense, which is my point. It is by it's very nature already unfair so it being a little less fair (though I don't see how) by being open to anyone who buys $75 worth of stuff from them on May 4th is a non argument. If anything it's even more fair by being open to a wider range of customers.

Well as a toy manufacturer TLC can not price their products in direct competion with the very retail outlets that bring in so much of their turnover. This means that other than exclusive sets they use the promotional items to get customers to buy direct in times whe the toy market might be normaly quiet. If any so called fan of the star wars lego line wants the fig it is very accessable to them. Last year 3-4 weeks before the promotion I received a postcard in the post informing me of the up and coming promo so there was not much chance I would miss it. I am sure alot of buyers go looking for discounts in the retail outlets that you just don't get direct from Lego so useing that as your argument is pretty flawed. Even then look at the USA Easter egg promos that are available, the mini sets are quite often found in the stores you mention.

I got your point. I'm saying they don't care or they would've done it right in the first place (or corrected it once they saw the problem). They want revenue. I imagine it doesn't matter a whole lot to them which sets you buy, so long as you are buying. Given the overall lack of sale pricing on SW across the board, I believe it doesn't need much (if any) help to sell. TLG is just doing the opposite of TRU. TRU says "All LEGO on sale" when they really mean "All older and less popular LEGO on sale unless we messed up and left something in the system or it just came out and we haven't caught it yet, and absolutely no SW". TLG is doing the opposite. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone is complaining about that.

I am sure the last thing TLC want is loads of people ringing them direct to complain that they can't get the promo on their order. Their customer service is far too good for that kind of attiude. As for correcting the problem it is the old saying of bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted. The damage was already done in the very early hours of the promotion. They had already set the president that any order would get the fig at checkout so it was just a matter of the supply running out even before the 1st day was up!

Perhaps, but I think the thinking is that some would prefer that the promo be limited to people who specifically want it (i.e., LEGO Star Wars fans), as opposed to people who'll get it just because it's a freebie, so hey, why not. The idea is that if someone is a fan of NinjaGo or Friends or City or whatever and usually doesn't care about Star Wars at all, then why should that person, who may not even have any idea who TC-14 is, get one of these desirable Star Wars minifigures, at the expense of someone who's a huge Star Wars fan and who may even have specifically longed and yearned and pined for a TC-14 minifigure for the last thirteen years, and yet might not ever get one if this is the only way TLG ever releases an official version of the character.