Sign in to follow this  
Dennis Bosman

[MOC] Dutch FTF Brick Truck (1:13)

It has been quite a while since I visited this forum but I'll try to do it more frequently. The reason now is I just finished a new truck and displayed it during a modelshow last weekend :classic:

It's a typical Dutch truck this time, a FTF brick truck with drawbar trailer and vintage loading crane. The truck is originating from 1978 and when I saw a picture of it in the mid 80s I really wanted to see a model of it. It took till October 2011 when I eventually started. I had to use many unconventional building techniques for the cab but it was really fun building.

Please read more about it on my website. There you'll find some more pictures as well

http://www.dennisbosman.nl/lego/no58.html

v58p01.jpg

Edited by Dennis Bosman

Good work, incredible how usefuls are this old wheels, there are the best for truck MOCs year over year over year.

Edited by jorgeopesi

Beautiful truck! I would love more info on that wheeled excavator that you arent posting :wink: .

tim

Looks very beautiful, but as for a lot of your creations, a lot of questions are remaining such as : is it motorized, what are exactly the functions, work they well,... Why don't you make some videos?

Edited by GuiliuG

Beautiful truck! I would love more info on that wheeled excavator that you arent posting :wink: .

tim

Thanks for the compliments all! Yes I know, I haven't posted the excavator so far while I got since 2009 already. With a friend of mine I made a video and took some pictures. Next thing I will upload it this Atlas excavotor. I also have the modified CAT D7R with PF. Same story here; will be uploaded soon :classic:

quote name='GuiliuG' date='04 April 2012 - 08:23 AM' timestamp='1333520583' post='1246924']

Looks very beautiful, but as for a lot of your creations, a lot of questions are remaining such as : is it motorized, what are exactly the functions, work they well,... Why don't you make some videos?

Just click on the link in my opening post and you'll find out more! I made a typo I just saw ...

wow nice truck.

I look at your site quite often and thought you had stopped building, really glad you haven't.

wow nice truck.

I look at your site quite often and thought you had stopped building, really glad you haven't.

Thanks! No, I didn't stop building but sometimes I more busy with other stuff. Still have lot of things to build but I need time and inspiration of course

About a week ago I also took some studio pictures. I wanted to show the engine and I could better take those pictures inside than outdoors. I'm very used to take pictures outside but this doesn't look bad either.

6919534028_d85899680a_b.jpg

6919533836_41bfcc0c91_b.jpg

7065613265_1505d4e2a7_b.jpg

6919533932_e416c960fc_b.jpg

7068472883_f75e5e29bb_b.jpg

Edited by Dennis Bosman

Thanks! No, I didn't stop building but sometimes I more busy with other stuff. Still have lot of things to build but I need time and inspiration of course

About a week ago I also took some studio pictures. I wanted to show the engine and I could better take those pictures inside than outdoors. I'm very used to take pictures outside but this doesn't look bad either.

6919534028_d85899680a_b.jpg

6919533836_41bfcc0c91_b.jpg

7065613265_1505d4e2a7_b.jpg

6919533932_e416c960fc_b.jpg

7068472883_f75e5e29bb_b.jpg

looked at this again today and the detail is just amazing not sure if everyone agrees but this is for sure your nicest model to date

Hey buddy,

A true Dutch truck, i like it a lot, but you know that already. It won't take long before we can line up together again.

This model also still exist and got un update last year as well. The truck itself is quite unique and is among one of my favorites. The chassis has been replaced by a system build instead of using Technic beams. I took the opportunity too to add all hoses for the breaking system, fuel lines etc. The bodywork easily can be removed. Of course the cab's roof has a smooth look.

Pictures of the end result still have to be taken. I took the picture below in July 2016 in my previous work shop.

27577449493_47bd217855_o.jpg

Love "flipje" on the original build, hope it has returned on the rebuild!