Sign in to follow this  
caperberry

London Olympics & Paralympics 2012... and LEGO

I thought it might be useful to have a thread for LEGO news/events/general info around the Games, especially seeing as there is a LEGO store near the main stadium and perhaps visiting AFOLs might also go to Legoland Windsor for a day trip.

And to kick things off, I have heard a rumour; there may be a special sporting minifig set available at all UK brand stores. I wonder if they would be new figs or just a collection of existing sports ones. Customised "London 2012" ones would be ace.

That would be a great set and one i'd most certainly buy! As for the games themselves, whilst i'm only about 50 miles away there is no chance of me going to London. It's busy enough at the best of times but during the Olympics its going to be horendous I should imagine :laugh:

Slightly off topic, I got a new letter from Playmobil and they have an entire line of olympic sports figures. Sort of like the collectible figure series. I would love to get an Olympic Minifigure.

Well I am near an Olympic venue but we have no LEGO store for miles and miles, but any Olympic Mini-figs would be fantastic and much more exciting than the event itself which seems to be creating nothing but trouble for locals. Some Mini-figs would be a good consolation prize!!

Well I am near an Olympic venue but we have no LEGO store for miles and miles, but any Olympic Mini-figs would be fantastic and much more exciting than the event itself which seems to be creating nothing but trouble for locals. Some Mini-figs would be a good consolation prize!!

While I dont remember the Los Angeles Olympics (I was 4 years old at the time) my wife and I visited her mom in Vancouver when the 2010 Winter Olympics were there. We were far enough from the crowds it wasnt too bad. But trying to get to see the Olympic fire is just tiresome.

We waited over an hour to get into the Hudson Bay flagship store. The main licensed retailer for official Olympic Merch. The most popular item was the red Canada soft shell jacket. They were literally flying of the racks. the store employees would secretly bring out a batch every so often. They would also stealthily ask if you want one to random people. If you asked for it, you get the generic answer; "Sorry, we are all out. We are getting more soon"

25745_364599785336_681270336_4654091_1787402_n.jpg

I'm hearing (second-hand) yet more rumours about the existence of an upcoming collection of Olympic minifigs. Apparently there may be 6, and they might be packaged in the CMF style sealed bags. There's no clarity on whether this is a UK exclusive or not, but may be so.

I'm hearing (second-hand) yet more rumours about the existence of an upcoming collection of Olympic minifigs. Apparently there may be 6, and they might be packaged in the CMF style sealed bags. There's no clarity on whether this is a UK exclusive or not, but may be so.

We did just get the swimmer, I think she'd work fairly well, but that's not what you meant. :tongue:

We did just get the swimmer, I think she'd work fairly well, but that's not what you meant. :tongue:

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-use existing parts as much as they can. But I hope the bodies have specially printed Olympic outfits.

Brickset has posted a report of these minifig rumours today and they have heard the figures include a judo team member, a swimmer, an archer and a runner holding a Torch

...They are going to be a UK only exclusive...

:cry_sad: This would be a great set of figures for just populating someone's LEGO city...

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

Brickset has posted a report of these minifig rumours today and they have heard the figures include a judo team member, a swimmer, an archer and a runner holding a Torch

Confirmed by pictures! NINE minifigs! http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-olympic-minifigs-confirmed/

Ooh! Jealous! Those are some good looking figs.

:cry_sad: This would be a great set of figures for just populating someone's LEGO city...

As they seem to be released as Collectible Minifigures packages, please continue the discussion in this topic in the Special Themes forum.

This thread can be used for everything else related to LEGO and the 2012 Olympics.