Sign in to follow this  
CorneliusMurdock

Review: 6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

99 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Incredible!
    • Above Average. Hulk smash this one out of the park!
    • Average. Hulk only smash a little bit.
    • Below Average. BTOOM!

This set is probably my least liked of the Marvel sets. It isn't any major flaws, just a lot of little ones that turn me off to it. For a play set there doesn't seem to be a lot of play. It's weirdly shaped and doesn't fit or display well on the shelf. The minifigs are kinda uninspiring as everything but the hulk you can get elsewhere, and the plane looks suspiciously like an " egg plane" one of those cute humorous and weird Japanese model kits. ( seriously 5 minutes of modification on the blue Ninjago plane yields a better looking Shield fighter than this thing.)

It's not a bad set. It's just not great at the current asking price. Too much for MOC parts and a hulk.

I got this set for the Hulk just like many others. Thor is nice but since I want the Quinjet for Black Widow and MkVII Ironman, I could get thor in that set.

Anyway when I bought the Cosmic Cube set I hadn't seen the movie yet. After the movie I was bothered by Loki's staff.

Since I have a second Loki I took one of the blue bulbs from the missiles on the SHIELD jet and inserted that into his staff. I think it resembles the movie much more now.

I might need to scrounge for a trans blue gem instead but as filler for the mean time . . .

p1010326.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

As I was doing a photoshoot with my Helicarrier Breakout (aka playing with my LEGO hehe) I was a little dissapointed that the cylindrical prison cant hold the Hulk, which was its original intention as per the movie.

Any suggestions for a clear cylinder that can house the Hulk figure? I was thinking of the old LEGO pods. http://di1-4.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/db/90/7f/103987449-260x260-0-0_Lego+LEGO+X+Pod+Robots+4346.jpg

That would be perfect but it is too small.

I am really surprised that no one has pointed out the little joke from the movie.

I cant recall the exact scene but I remember Tony Stark pointing out that some Shield Agent was busy playing Space Invaders. And Lego included this in the set. It is hard to see on the sticker sheet but when you peel it off and put it on the black tile. it instantly shows up!!

I thought this was a nice little feature and brought a smile to my face.

I am really surprised that no one has pointed out the little joke from the movie.

I cant recall the exact scene but I remember Tony Stark pointing out that some Shield Agent was busy playing Space Invaders. And Lego included this in the set. It is hard to see on the sticker sheet but when you peel it off and put it on the black tile. it instantly shows up!!

I thought this was a nice little feature and brought a smile to my face.

The Sticker Sheet. This one's not too bad. I'm definitely going to use the "Space Invaders" one, though I'm going to put it on a tile and not the little flag piece in the set.

You were saying? Since I reviewed the set before seeing the movie, I thought it was just a little joke LEGO came up with. It is even funnier after seeing the movie.

I must admit that my expectations for the superhero sets haven't been met. In particular, I'm not too fond of sets like this, which feature just a part of a bigger structure. I'm very satisfied with the figs, however. I do see your points about Hulk, though. :sceptic:

Thanks for the review. :sweet:

The cage DOES fit the Lego Shop Hulk minifig though, hahaha who says he has to be big?

You were saying? Since I reviewed the set before seeing the movie, I thought it was just a little joke LEGO came up with. It is even funnier after seeing the movie.

Galaga guys, Galaga.

This is a fun set, but man, it could really do with either a SHIELD agent or a Fury figure

I got this set a couple of weeks back and it's ok. It's not the best avengers set probably the worst. The Hulk fig is brilliant and I hope Lego make more marvel characters his size like Juggernaut. Anyway sets ok but the only reason To get this set really is for Hull and the jet.

Just got this Hulk is definitely the main attraction, detailing is beautiful and love how you can slot a mini-fig into his hands and portray the bashing that he dished out on Loki in the movie

I got this set for my bday and I wasnt really impressed. In general I dont collect these sets but it was a gift and the gifter was very excited about it. So instead of returning it for weathertop and more CMF I kept it. Sorta disappointed in it. I like thors hammer and with a couple changes thor could be a cool addition to a medieval village. Hulk seems small. Yeah I get it he is bigger then other figs but he is smaller then the cave troll (cave trolls arms look really funny on him). A great addition to anyone who likes the super hero theme, just not my cup'o.

I hoped lego would give us an extra compound bow instead of a staff. Looks like green arrow's gonna have to share. :tongue:

Anyway, I'm not really interested in this set. The lab is too small to justify €60, but the figures are good, patricularly the god of thunder.

Brought and built it today, great playset and all the features work well except the flick fires....why do they worry about them - they only fly for about 20cm's at best.

The figures are wonderfully detailed and the Hulk totally rocks though it's a pity his head can not turn.

Glad I brought the set especially when I paid only 75AU not 100AU for it.

Edited by lightningtiger