Sign in to follow this  
CorneliusMurdock

Review: 6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

99 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Incredible!
    • Above Average. Hulk smash this one out of the park!
    • Average. Hulk only smash a little bit.
    • Below Average. BTOOM!

@CorneliusMurdock: Another combo I would like to see is the SleepyHead hair on hawkeye if you have that.

@CorneliusMurdock: Another combo I would like to see is the SleepyHead hair on hawkeye if you have that.

I do. I hadn't thought of that but it does look a lot more like his hairstyle in the movie's promotional material. :classic: I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow when it's light out.

I do. I hadn't thought of that but it does look a lot more like his hairstyle in the movie's promotional material. :classic: I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow when it's light out.

:thumbup: Thank you! :classic: I feel lego made some odd choises. the hair style and color seems wrong for Hawkeye.

Here you go.

7044966637_b9b374a143.jpg

7044966195_4069a3e41a.jpg

I really like this one a lot better than the original hair. It'd be absolutely perfect if it was a little less spikey on top and maybe a shade lighter.

I also tried a different head with it.

7044966989_631062754b_n.jpg

@CorneliusMurdock: Thanks, that is excellent, looks so much better. I think the color works, in pictures from the movie the color changes quite abit with the ligthing anyways.

wish the alternate face for hawkeye wasn't the Angry face..

Great review, well done.

Hulk is a massive fail imo. You can't remove his head or even his hair?! Not much of a minifig in my mind. This set is easily the worst of the collection. I'd pick it up at 50% off but not any higher than that.

Awesome review!

I am in love with that Hulk minifig.

I don't know if I'll have enough dough to get all of these, I may need to Bricklink some.

Great review! If not for Hulk, I may not get this set. He's definitely the highlight. If not for him, I'd save this money for LotR. :sceptic: I still like the set a lot even if it is my least favorite of the line. :classic:

I also tried a different head with it.

This is the best one. Lego really messed up on Hawkeye. I have no idea what they were thinking when they were designing his head/hair. It looks nothing like him. The solution you've provided is definitely way better.

Great review, well done.

Hulk is a massive fail imo. You can't remove his head or even his hair?!

Note that hes head/hair isnt the same size as normal minifigures.

Cornelius Murdock, can I ask in what shape were the boxes when you received them from Wal Mart? I am always reluctant to have the bigger sets shipped from anyone but Lego because other companies (Toys R Us, Amazon, Target) seem to have a knack for mangling the hell out of any box bigger than a battle pack.

Cornelius Murdock, can I ask in what shape were the boxes when you received them from Wal Mart? I am always reluctant to have the bigger sets shipped from anyone but Lego because other companies (Toys R Us, Amazon, Target) seem to have a knack for mangling the hell out of any box bigger than a battle pack.

The smaller sets were in excellent condition. The Helicarrier was dented a little since it was on the bottom with the others on top. There was also a light cut on the back where it looked like someone had nicked it with a utility knife. I assume that it was on top in one the boxes that Walmart received and that the person opening it wasn't too careful.

I don't save boxes, though, so it really doesn't bother me as long as the actual set is still fine.

Thanks for the information. That makes me feel slightly more justified about not per-ordering the sets from Wally World since the boxes are almost as important to me as the sets themselves (almost). Now I just have to spend my weekend searching the whole of Ohio for these sets.

After watching the trailers extensively, The Hulk has purple trousers in them. This Hulk has sandy trousers. That annoys me. Maybe it's something to do with the scene in the Helicarrier, he may be wearing sandy trousers in that scene, but come on TLC, you could sacrifice the sense of the scene to give him purple trousers!

However this may be an indication that we'll see another Hulk figure soon with the correct colour trousers.

I am still confused as to what the long orange piece is for, I got the set tonight and am just perplexed by it.

I am still confused as to what the long orange piece is for, I got the set tonight and am just perplexed by it.

It's for removing bricks and Technic axles. Just something to help you in the building process. :wink:

After watching the trailers extensively, The Hulk has purple trousers in them. This Hulk has sandy trousers. That annoys me. Maybe it's something to do with the scene in the Helicarrier, he may be wearing sandy trousers in that scene, but come on TLC, you could sacrifice the sense of the scene to give him purple trousers!

However this may be an indication that we'll see another Hulk figure soon with the correct colour trousers.

Isn't he wearing beige pants in the Incredible Hulk film? So they're basing it on the previous film but not the current one.

This is why I prefer the Chopper Showdown set to the Avengers sets. It's based on timeless concepts of the characters rather than what a Lego designer knows about a passing rendition of the characters. Maybe in the future they will release 'classic' Avengers sets, so Hulk will have purple trousers, Hawkeye will be wearing purple and blue, and so on. Kind of like the way the Batman line has different versions of the Batman suit.

Cool review! You know,this review kind of warmed me up to this set, that

hulk superfig looks real awsome! :sweet: It does feel a little small but

it looks like it has some good playablity. :laugh:

Isn't he wearing beige pants in the Incredible Hulk film? So they're basing it on the previous film but not the current one.

This one's based off the Avengers film though. :thumbup: But again. I think it'll have something to do with the scene he's in.

A fine review but I'm less impressed by the set. The Hulk is undoubtedly one of the best parts. I'm actually glad Lego went the way that they did, a regular sized Hulk mini-figure would have looked totally out of place in my opinion. Thor and Hawkeye are also good figs although they are available in other sets. As for the model itself, although I realise its a play-set I think its very insubstantial for the price. The Shield jet is quite nice but very small and there just doesn't seem to be a lot to the rest of the model. For the £20 extra, the Quinjet looks a better bet.

Some really cool parts and figures on offer in this set Corny. Looks like it could be a winner. Thanks for a top notch review. :thumbup:

I got this set today and it was worth it just for hulk! He's adorable! :wub: I know who I'm taking to prom! :laugh:

Another great review! As with a lot of others I am a little disappointed in seeing Hulk does not have the purple pants :sceptic: but overall I think he is a nice looking fig! Thor looks incredible in minifigure form! I really think TLG did an amazing job with most (*cough Black Widow cough*) of the minifigures in this theme!

Also Hawkeye with the bed head hair looks ten times better! Thanks for uploading that picture! I will definitely be giving mine that hair when I get him!

I really thought this set would grow on me after I saw the movie, but now that I've seen it I like the set even less. I was disappointed originally that this was just one of those sets that capture a couple of scenes but don't turn them into a coherent tableau. Now I know that it doesn't even capture the scenes properly - none of the details are right in this set. It's not just one or two things that are off, but really every single thing.

The only thing I really like about this one is Thor. That is one beautiful minifig. Loki is not bad, Hawkeye misses the mark, and the Hulk looks nice but loses big points for insufficient articulation.