Sign in to follow this  
FarligOpptreden

The obligatory introduction...

Hello people!

I hail from South Africa and have been a fan of LEGO since I can remember (probably around 3 years of age). I went through my "dark age", starting at around 12 years old, and only recently (closing in on the end of my third decade here on planet earth) rediscovered the joys if LEGO. My interest was piqued again when several LEGO stores started opening around the area where I stay, but I decided to take the plunge again when I spotted a box of the glorious Imperial Flag Ship. I milled the idea around my head of buying LEGO again at such a seemingly old age, jumped on the 'net and started reading up and found EuroBricks and Classic Pirates (which I believe is a subsidiary of EuroBricks). So I decided to take the plunge and buy the ship and I haven't regretted it ever since! Building my first set in many many years rekindled the joy I remember having in completing an awesome LEGO set.

So, since then (which was actually only 3 weeks ago :tongue: ) I've been actively reading EuroBricks until I decided to register today. I got hold of my old box of LEGO from my parents that I shoved in the closet at the dawn of my teenage years and feel ashamed at how I mistreated these glorious little bricks back then. They are dirty, faded and many of them have the ubiquitous teeth- and scratch-marks that go along with childhood. :blush: I also bought 2 minifigs from the Minifigure Series 6 yesterday and I've been hooked since opening the packets... I told my wife she better make space on our bookshelf so I can display them in all their glory, seeing as I'll be scouting them out in the next coming weeks.

I'm glad to be here!

Hey, there, Welcome to Eurobricks! Yes, truly, nothing can compare with the joy of opening a brand new LEGO set...

Yes, truly, nothing can compare with the joy of opening a brand new LEGO set...

I wholeheartedly agree.

Welcome back to LEGO, FarligOpptreden. :classic:

Welcome!

South Africa is such a wonderful country which I hope to visit one day.

Welcome!

South Africa is such a wonderful country which I hope to visit one day.

Oi, let us not get into that discussion right now. I'm not the most patriotic of people, so to speak. :sceptic:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm looking forward to my new-found AFOL-ess! :laugh:

Hi as well.

I just signed up this month as well from SA, and your name looks very familiar. Are you on myBroadband forums? :)

My story is very similar, have taken the plunge back into Lego these past few weeks and the bug has bitten seriously.