Sign in to follow this  
CorneliusMurdock

Review: 6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown

70 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Outstanding! It's the best at what it does.
    • Above Average. It's uncanny how good it is.
    • Average. Watch it, Bub.
    • Below Average. SKRAAK!

Buying this set solely for the figures. Definitely the best line-up of any Marvel set. However, the Helicopter really isn't too good, but it makes a great dark red parts pack.

Just another little thing, I love how they got Wolverine's hood hanging out at the back!

Excellent review! But I have to ask, where did you get this?????

I ordered it from Walmart before they sold out along with the other two I've reviewed. I'll probably end up buying the Spiderman and one more Avengers set this year. I haven't decided which Avengers set yet but I still want Iron Man.

Great review. Now I have to debate getting this or the Superman set.

An ok set. But you have to admit that if the helicopter was painted yellow and the minifigs replaced with a raptor this would have been a forgettable LEGO Dino set.

A $20 Dino set with a helicopter, motorcycle and raptor? Would have been the jewel of the Dino line if you ask me. I've been wanting a raptor, but IMO the real raptor set doesn't give you enough for the money.

A $20 Dino set with a helicopter, motorcycle and raptor? Would have been the jewel of the Dino line if you ask me. I've been wanting a raptor, but IMO the real raptor set doesn't give you enough for the money.

Agreed. This is still way better than a Dino set would be because of the figures!

Wow! :wub: I allways wanted that set, it's on my list, I do wish

they made Deadpool in moive version, that would have been cool to.

Oh well, Nice review dude. :laugh:

As an avowed DC fan, I'm embarrassed to say I might just pick up this set. It's not flashy/ostentatious like the Avengers stuff, and, though I'm not intricately familiar with the characters (though I do have a basic knowledge; know your enemy and what all), I do know snazzy minifigs when I see 'em, and damn if these minifigs ain't snazzy.

I am ashamed. :tongue:

As an avowed DC fan, I'm embarrassed to say I might just pick up this set. It's not flashy/ostentatious like the Avengers stuff, and, though I'm not intricately familiar with the characters (though I do have a basic knowledge; know your enemy and what all), I do know snazzy minifigs when I see 'em, and damn if these minifigs ain't snazzy.

I am ashamed. :tongue:

You could probably modify Deadpool into Deadshot pretty easily... :wink:

I don't own every set but this is definitely the best set in the Marvel line. I can see it being highly desirable once it has been discontinued for the minifigs it contains. Wolverine may get a redesign before further x men waves and Deadpool may actually never appear again. Excellent set and review and loving your new avatar CM

Haha, great review. I'm currently waiting for my one to come in the post.

Wolverine's lack of mask doesn't bother me as much as Deadpool's brown sword holder, that looks really out of place. But oh well, the rest is excellent. :blush:

The sword holder is brown because it's suppose to be made out of leather. Also that's the way it's depicted in the comics. I love that they added the detail of Wolverines mask on the back printing. Can't wait to grab this set.

Can't wait to get my hands on it, making a casual Logan with leather jacket... But most of all for that bike. :grin:

Great review. I'm tempted to get this set the figures are great this is such a great year for Lego that I wish I could buy em all. Alas if only I was Bill Gates

Such a fantastic collection of minifigures.

I love Magneto and Wolverine, they look great!!!

Here's a couple of hero shots:

-snip-

-snippity nip snip

Wait, I thought Deadpool was an antagonist?

It depends on how he feels that day and who's paying him. :wink:

Well said. Haha

Great review and I cannot wait to get my grubby hands on this set. Darn you TRU shipping! HURRRY!!

I'm also wondering if I'm the only one who's so amused by the name "Chopper Showdown", seeing as there actually are two choppers in the set.