Sign in to follow this  
Skystorm87

MOC - Small Airport

indexed.gif B-OV-28D

Hello! Easter is coming and it's now time to book an holyday! I suggest to use my new Lego airport for your holyday if you want to visit my Legoland city full of historical buildings (like the egyptian tomb or the cathedral that you may see in the pictures).

Talking seriously, I've finished to adjust the small airport of my city and I'm eventually happy with the result even if I would like to expand it and create a proper aiport hub (with terminals, fuel facilities, a proper runway). At the moment is integreated in my small city which is still very work in progress!

2012-01-02%252016.01.35.jpg

2012-01-02%252016.01.20.jpg

2012-01-02%252016.01.55.jpg

Nice little airport, but you will have to make the runways longer unless the aircraft are of a VTOL design. :wink:

It has that mid-70's Lego feel to it. :wink:

I look forward to it expansion.....Brick On Fly On 'Skystorm87' ! :grin:

Hola!

Ace airport, mate! Love the covered ramp thingies! Look forward to updates.

Ev

Lovely little classic airport. There is even a post office next to it for fast airmail. :classic:

Lovely little classic airport. There is even a post office next to it for fast airmail. :classic:

:laugh: I didn't do it intentionally! But it is true, even if I think the mail travels by the small propeller airplane :laugh:

Cozy-looking airport; very sweet, Skystorm! My suggestion? Turn that into an airforce base, replace the airplanes with a couple of Eurofighter jets and you won't need to waste any space on runways :wink:

And I agree - this MOC does bring back memories of old Legoland Airport sets. :sweet:

It´s small and sweet and great.

but what hapens if a plane cant´t stop on the runway???....

It´s small and sweet and great.

but what hapens if a plane cant´t stop on the runway???....

I think I will try to make something like this:

post-15118-133406710442.png

Runway is still a little too short.....your airport would end up on Air Crash Investigation ! :wink:

I hate to say it but twice the distance would be a minimum even if you use the older classic town planes.....unless they all have VTOL engines. :wink:

LOL the Aircraft Investigation thing is funny, i watch that all the time.

Nice Airport. Fits well with the theme of your town. (or what we can see of it)

I am assuming when you make your airport bigger, you will be including jetway's?

Brick on!

LOL the Aircraft Investigation thing is funny, i watch that all the time.

Nice Airport. Fits well with the theme of your town. (or what we can see of it)

I am assuming when you make your airport bigger, you will be including jetway's?

Brick on!

I think the Aircraft investigation will be necessary anyway. I was thinking to destroy my city and make a great airport with a nice airport train station, but then I realized that I prefer to expand the city :classic: and make the airport slightly bigger but not huge. Actually I think is even to big for a village of 100 Lego inhabitants :laugh:

Hello!

Here some updates of my Airport which now has a proper runway! I also changed the gates and make them more functional.

I am planning to make some more additions but I don't really know what to do with the space left. Any suggestions?

20140421_203946.jpg

20140421_204014.jpg

20140421_203957.jpg

Edited by Skystorm87

Nice new runway. :thumbup:

Although you could have raised the old Runway and Terminal.

Placing a car park underneath, and extending the Runway over the railway tracks,

Thanks! I wanted to raise the runway but I have a problem with the horizon express which requires very large tunnel entrances as its head doesn't follow well the tracks, but I may do it in the future

The new gates look much more realistic and useful, Skystorm87. I can see there is not much space left, but have you been thinking about a train station at the airport? Maybe you could combine the airport terminal and station in one building? Eventually build it above the tracks, though it will be a tall building.

Yes of course I am planning to build a station! Does somebody has some experience about curved platforms? I think the airport will be out of proportion with respect to the other buildings in my city if I try to raise it over the track.