snaillad

3 Modular MOC's set in the good ol' days!

indexed.gif B-OM-16A to B-OM-16C

Hi everyone, its been a while since I last posted.

I've been working on 3 Modular MOC's at the same time for quite a while, as I have too many ideas and like to 'strike while the iron is hot'. All of them are set in the 1920's-1940's and have an art deco theme. There is probably a mix of UK/USA/AUS and NZ art deco here.

Anyway. Rather than posting 3 separate topics I thought I would put all the pics in one post.

Starting with the bar of course, there is a bar downstairs and a dancehall upstairs. I really wanted to do a corner with columns and a rounded window so I guess it looks how I wanted. The upstairs dancehall also has a stage for a singer!

An exterior shot

7027200167_92f1b4d064_z.jpg

Interior downstairs - Is that a pilot at the bar?

7027197893_ecd07d683b_z.jpg

Interior downstairs 2

7027197579_2da54b4699_z.jpg

Upstairs dancehall

6881100036_ea286e1d3b_z.jpg

Will you have this dance?

6881100830_98e1d70573_z.jpg

More pics of the bar can be found here

Anyway moving on here is my second MOC the bakery. The Ground floor is the bakery shop for customers, the first floor is a cafe and the second floor is the bakery itself complete with oven. I really enjoyed making this moc for using a contrast of colours and also the interior fittings and furnishings.

Exterior

7027136191_a7daf8706c_z.jpg

Exterior for size comparison :laugh:

6881038008_9151a26328_z.jpg

Ground floor shop - Could not perfect the look of a breadloaf :blush:

7027137363_ebfd46074f_z.jpg

How much for this?

6881039052_1e5de57e4d_z.jpg

First floor Cafe

6881039636_5fe0cbfdaf_z.jpg

Cake for one!

7027138893_2ed6699432_z.jpg

Second floor bakery

6881035296_f92fa7eb2b_z.jpg

Watch your fingers, its hot!!

7027134425_19be004608_z.jpg

And finally a close up of the delivery van and some of the staff

6881037130_4f833fdbcc_z.jpg

More pics of the bakery can be found here

Now we come to my tailors, something I have wanted to do for a very long time. Its the first one I did and took the longest to design externally due to cladding and offsetting, but I was pleased with the outcome. I really wanted to make a vitrolite styled shopfront and am very happy I achieved this! The ground floor is for the latest mens suits etc and the first floor is for making these very fine garments! The second floor is for the manager/owner's office and his secretary.

Exterior

6881130282_8fb393b7c9_z.jpg

Exterior vitrolite entrance

7027230499_a08110f0fe_z.jpg

Ground floor shop - Can I help you sir?

6881133592_4c06907902_z.jpg

First floor manufacturing - Fabric dispenser.

6881126230_b1aeb41568_z.jpg

The finishing touch!

6881126002_4f8cecfa4e_z.jpg

Second floor secretary desk

6881127480_7a77200216_z.jpg

What are you doing in my office?

7027227473_ff4342fd6e_z.jpg

More pics of the tailors can be found here

All pics and more can be found on my flickr here including all my previous MOC's etc.

I plan to eventually upload all my vehicles to a separate folder at a later date. There is a new vehicle with each of the 3 MOC's.

Any feedback is always welcomed! :classic:

Nice buildings, I'm not much a fan of those flesh coloured mini figs, but that's my opinion

and AHHH huge cat xD

Wow those are beautiful! I love the building technique on the interiors; everything is so smooth, it's hard to believe it's LEGO. default_classic.gif Also, I think you were pretty successful for the time-period, with your minifigure choices. The hair pieces, outfits, etc... All the men in suits, all the "dames" are dressed up. Two thumbs up to you!

As always, your builds are top notch! I like the dark red chairs and the SNOTted counter in the bar, and your floor patterns are lovely. The other interiors are great, too, my only niggle is that I think the counters in the bakery and café are maybe a plate or two too tall for the minifigs (especially in the bakery, where the poor guy behind the counter can barely see over the edge...), but apart from that it's wonderful - that oven is gorgeous! And the shoe rack at the tailor's is a great touch.

Your exteriors are all fantastic. I love the art deco look that you recreate so perfectly, it makes for wonderful facades that are detailed without being cluttered. And those vehicles... they're both fab. Especially the white one outside the bar - so sleek and elegant. Great job, snaillad - keep it up!

Now, on to Flickr... :)

AWESOME ART DECO 'snaillad', the interiors fantastic, especially the menswear store.....shoes on the wall - very original and the frontages are to die for. :wub:

Nice to see I'm not the only one who :wub: to build art deco.....maybe the moderators might run an art deco contest one day eh ? :grin:

Brick On 'snaillad'.....totally in art deco ! :moar:

Wow. Just wow! These are all amazing! The colours really suit the architecture style. My favourite is definitely the Tailor shop. Very classy :thumbup:

This is awesome overload! The exterior of each building is fantastic, while interiors are brilliant. All the details of the businesses are great. I like the fabric rolls on the rack. The row of cheese slopes is a great detail as well. Any chance of getting all three together?

Great work Snaillad. I love the art deco style of your buildings. My favorite is the bakery. The koffie machine is very nice. As well as the big oven. Realy love it.

Those are fantastic interiors! :thumbup:

I really like bakery shop and the big bread oven.

The bar also looks great. And so do the fabric roles at the tailor.

Impressive! These fit well with your previous modulars. Great job keeping the style and setting uniform across all builds. Your attention to detail is superb!

I'll be stealing your technique on the first building (the 1x1 slopes pointing upward in those vertical lines)! Very nice.

You definitely nailed that Art Deco theme with these good looking buildings. Well executed and the details in the Bakery and Tailors were impressive.

Brick on!

Great builds. I really like the styling of the buildings. The interiors are impressive. I especially love that white car in the first MOC. The menswear store is brilliant. I almost want to create one for my city now, very clever. The flower vase on the middle of the table, very clever there as well.

Keep up the great builds. I can't wait to see more.

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! :wub:

Impressive work, great internal details, beautiful buildings! :blush:

I also like that fantastic Roll Roice and your big lovely cat!

The clothing store oozes luxury everywhere! :grin:

Well, let me just agree with the others. :)

Though I think the singer and drummer could use another musician...

Wow Snailiad!

Great work! I enjoy how you have mono to two tone fronts to the buildings, but the interiors are filled with splashes of colour! Wish I had the tailor's for my town!

Dakar

The buildings look amazing. I really like their architectural style with mainly one colour facade and the detailing achieved with various bricks. The bakery and the tailor's are my favourite. And the interiors are amazing as well. The effect of 2-coloured walls is great. Thanks for sharing this amazing MOCs!

Very nice buildings, Snaillad! You've certainly got the art-deco style down (no surprise there, given your previous MOCs), and the interiors are very nicely done as well.

Just one question: You don't happen to have a pictures of all your buildings lined up, do you?:blush:

Thanks for the positive comments everyone! I read and appreciate them all!

As always, your builds are top notch! I like the dark red chairs and the SNOTted counter in the bar, and your floor patterns are lovely. The other interiors are great, too, my only niggle is that I think the counters in the bakery and café are maybe a plate or two too tall for the minifigs (especially in the bakery, where the poor guy behind the counter can barely see over the edge...), but apart from that it's wonderful - that oven is gorgeous! And the shoe rack at the tailor's is a great touch.

Thanks! I had alot of fun putting the bar counter together! I originally wanted to use the 1x12 windscreen from the GE as a display case but found it too big. I also wanted to raise the space behind the counter but felt it spoilt the look of the floor. Maybe next time ill figure it out! :laugh:

AWESOME ART DECO 'snaillad', the interiors fantastic, especially the menswear store.....shoes on the wall - very original and the frontages are to die for. :wub:

Nice to see I'm not the only one who :wub: to build art deco.....maybe the moderators might run an art deco contest one day eh ? :grin:

Brick On 'snaillad'.....totally in art deco ! :moar:

Thanks! Lets hope we get a contest like that someday eh? :classic:

Great work Snaillad. I love the art deco style of your buildings. My favorite is the bakery. The koffie machine is very nice. As well as the big oven. Realy love it.

Thanks! The bakery interior was one I thought I would struggle with. I figured a big oven would fill the second floor in nicely.

I'll be stealing your technique on the first building (the 1x1 slopes pointing upward in those vertical lines)! Very nice.

Cheers! Im planning someday to use the same technique for another Miami styled building!

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! :wub:

Impressive work, great internal details, beautiful buildings! :blush:

I also like that fantastic Roll Roice and your big lovely cat!

The clothing store oozes luxury everywhere! :grin:

Thank you! Thats Phoebe btw, she's not as big the other one! I figured I should make a car for each new MOC, it only took 3 hours or so to make which was a record for me! :blush:

Well, let me just agree with the others. :)

Though I think the singer and drummer could use another musician...

Agreed! I never got round to making someone with a guitar, originally I was not going to photograph the stage with anyone on it but threw some figs in last minute for effect!

Very nice buildings, Snaillad! You've certainly got the art-deco style down (no surprise there, given your previous MOCs), and the interiors are very nicely done as well.

Just one question: You don't happen to have a pictures of all your buildings lined up, do you?:blush:

Actually here is a couple but the quality is not very good;

7032031675_6c6837631e_z.jpg

6885934512_361669df9b_z.jpg

Thanks for all the comments again!