der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

Hi there,

I just wanted to share my collection of monochrome minifigures with you. I finally got the possibility to make some photos

Chrome and Greys

6879904778_f4033331d4_c.jpg

Colors

7026014463_24056b655c_c.jpg

Noncomplete Colors

7026004035_939ab1cea8_c.jpg

"Cheated Colors"

7026004039_a4f9f0d86f_z.jpg

- Sand Green, Dark Bluish Gray and Bright Green are missing a complete plain torso

- Chrome Gold is a cut keychain

Colorwheel

7026017087_4189f3d7a7_c.jpg

Hope you like it!

-

Sebastian

Nice! :thumbup: But I'm going to move this to the Minifig Customisation Workshop :wink:

I saw this over at 1000steine.de.

Great! I used to make my own collection, but now I see I have to catch up! :blush:

And thanks for the FigBits linkt too, Copmike.

Hi,

thanks for all your comments :classic:

Nice collection!

If you´re not afraid of Brasso you could add:

Lime

Dark Green

Pearl Gold

Olive Green

Thanks for that! I haven't looked through these year's new minifigures yet.

I knew about the dark green head (there is also one in the summer ninjago-sets), but not about the Lime and Olive Green figure parts.

I own a plain lime head, so there would only missing a plain torso and hips.

Olive Green would miss plain head, plain torso, hands, hips and headgear.

I also noticed that chrome black is only missing head and plain torso (which will probably never be made, but who cares...).

Chrome Silver is missing head, hands and unprinted torso.

For me, Brasso is like cheating. All parts I own are regular or non-production parts, so none had printings (exept those you see on the picture + the unfinished colors where I mentioned the missing plain torso)

Where does the clear helmet come from?

From these sets

I saw this over at 1000steine.de.

Great! I used to make my own collection, but now I see I have to catch up! :blush:

And thanks for the FigBits linkt too, Copmike.

Thanks!

I remember your postings (#1 & #2) at 1000steine.de. It was the beginning of my collection. Most of the time I ordered some parts or minifigures on BrickLink when I had to reach the minimum buy.

The yellow guy is naked!! :tongue: Sorry, had to say it. :wink:

But seriously, it's a nice set of pictures. It's actually something that I wanted to do. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: I'd very much like plain chrome gold, silver, and bronze figs, like those in the CMFs trophies. That would be sweet. Alas, why would Lego do that...

Anyways, sorry for rambling. It's a very interesting set of pics. :classic:

That's a very nice collection and really well photographed, the colour wheel in particular :thumbup: . This also makes a nice reference piece, I might have a quick look here the next time I need to find a particular coloured part on Bricklink :grin: . I'm surprised that there are no plain torsos in bright green or dark bley.

Wonderful! Love the colour wheel.

Is it possible to make trans clear minifigs? I wondered, as I have a head and a chefs hat but didn't know if there were trans bodies.

Hi! I've decided to start collecting monochrome minifigs, so I've ordered couple of legs and plain minifig heads. Now my question is, where do you guys find plain torsos with hands in the same color?

And do all existing legs have torsos and heads in the same color?

And I am purist, so I don't want to wipe out prints ....

My current collection:

28105854594_1476bf5ea1_z_d.jpg

Edited by cebelicamya

Some characters have blank torsos and hands in the same color. The Chewbacca minifigure comes to mind in that under the head piece is a blank torso.

As for if all parts have corresponding parts in the same color, I would venture to say no.

Thanx, i guess i will have to separate minifigs torsos, arms and hands to complete some colors, i was researching little bit on bricklink and there are a few blank torsos from collectible minifigures like hot dog guy torso and from monsters series, big foot and the grey ghost.

Edited by cebelicamya

It would be great to see an assembled list of current minifigures that have blank parts to collect from. Like for example:

Brown Torso - Chewbacca

Brown Legs - Chewbacca

Brown Arms - Chewbacca

Legs and hands would probably be easiest since they're often solid colors. Heads and torsos seem like the tricky part.

For many you are going to have to pull hands from arms and arms from torsos (and also legs from hips for some).

I am collecting monochrome minifigures for some time now, so far it has been very difficult to get some colors. Some heads are so difficult to get unprinted. Where do you guys get them? I wan to have a pure collection, don't want to erase printings. I see on internet plain lime torsos, but it isn't listed on bricklink, so does the torso exist or not? 

The easiest colors for me were white, black, yellow (waiting for yellow hips), blue, red, green (waiting for corn-guy CMF 17), light bluish grey, brown, tan and dark tan. Others are so difficult, mainly because some torsos and heads came 10 years ago. I would love to see that in future sets they reappear. 

For the pieces I could'nt find on bricklink I put a question mark, maybe you can help me out?  

33909830286_7833687c80_z_d.jpg33793275842_171504e233_z_d.jpg

33909830106_8af49e2932_z_d.jpg

33793275502_8bb790e58d_z_d.jpg

33793275292_eb2e31e532_z_d.jpg

33909829836_d719fca48b_z_d.jpg

33793275102_4bbe169dc8_z_d.jpg

33137671923_f3c0a25142_z_d.jpg

33137671713_8e2c02c0c8_z_d.jpg

Edited by cebelicamya

11 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

I am collecting monochrome minifigures for some time now, so far it has been very difficult to get some colors. Some heads are so difficult to get unprinted. Where do you guys get them? I wan to have a pure collection, don't want to erase printings. I see on internet plain lime torsos, but it isn't listed on bricklink, so does the torso exist or not? 

The easiest colors for me were white, black, yellow (waiting for yellow hips), blue, red, green (waiting for corn-guy CMF 17), light bluish grey, brown, tan and dark tan. Others are so difficult, mainly because some torsos and heads came 10 years ago. I would love to see that in future sets they reappear. 

For the pieces I could'nt find on bricklink I put a question mark, maybe you can help me out? 

Disclaimer: I don't collect monofigs myself. However, a couple of months ago I read the guide made by the owner of monofigs.com . Unfortunately, it looks like it's not free anymore, and he's selling it for $49 *huh*. The guide has all possible colors and how you can make them, and even a list of semi-complete colors and what pieces are missing.

Edited by BrickHat

Yeah I read his book on internet that is why i started collecting these. Just to make things easier for me I made this list. Figs i have in my collection and figs i need to buy. I think his book is great guide to start on collecting monochrome minifigures. One think I don't like is that he erases prints and i don't want to ruin original printed torsos that is why I am looking for everything plain. 

Wow I can't believe the book is now gone and is selling for $49 . Thank god i saved screenshots :) 

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Disclaimer: I don't collect monofigs myself. However, a couple of months ago I read the guide made by the owner of monofigs.com . Unfortunately, it looks like it's not free anymore, and he's selling it for $49 *huh*. The guide has all possible colors and how you can make them, and even a list of semi-complete colors and what pieces are missing.

Edited by cebelicamya

16 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Wow I can't believe the book is now gone and is selling for $49 . Thank god i saved screenshots :)

Me too! :grin:

Here's what I have been doing lately (with a little help of Brasso :innocent:):

33818701032_b905ee6f69_z.jpg

And the road I still have to travel...

33163406333_845bfa2147_c.jpg

I still cannot believe I sold the piggy guy from series 12 for peanuts without realizing I was missing the bright pink feet. :wall:

4 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Me too! :grin:

Here's what I have been doing lately (with a little help of Brasso :innocent:):

And the road I still have to travel...

I still cannot believe I sold the piggy guy from series 12 for peanuts without realizing I was missing the bright pink feet. :wall:

Wow what a great collection you have! I like how you put hair pieces in the same color! Ist wirklich toll zum anschauen! 

I have piggy guy from series 12 but he will not sacrifice his parts for my monochrome figs because he is part of my most valuable collection... costumes minifigs :) 

Now I have so many questions for you: where did you find the bright orange torso? Where did you find the dark violet head piece?

How did you wipe printings and not ruin or scratche torsos? 

I see you are missing magenta head and legs. Just to help you out. Plain magenta head is now available in elves magazine for 4,40 euros, maybe in germany for less. In the packet there are some other pieces and an elves squirrel (meh) don't like the color at all.  I think i will buy the magazine and sell the other parts, what is sad I don't have many magenta parts except arms and hair piece and I am still deciding on whether to buy it or not. My collection is so small, have a long long way to go....... you are only missing just a few pieces.. 

28617839192_beaf0da705_z_d.jpg

Edited by cebelicamya

19 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

I have piggy guy from series 12 but he will not sacrifice his parts for my monochrome figs because he is part of my most valuable collection... costumes minifigs :) 

Now I have so many questions for you: where did you find the bright orange torso? Where did you find the dark violet head piece?

How did you wipe printings and not ruin or scratche torsos? 

I do have another piggy guy as well, but for the same reason like you I won't sacrifice him just for the legs. (Even if I have to pay 5€ just for them ... :hmpf_bad: )

The bright light orange Torso cand be found in older (2012) firemen sets or series 14 tiger lady or LEGO Batman movie Eraser.
The bright orange hands were the problem: They are pretty rare, but I found them for 2€ each.

Brasso is perfect for removing the printings without harming the ABS underneath.
When I build up the pedestal for the Statue of Liberty I had to use 40 plain tan 4x4 radar dishes. They were (and are) fairly expensive that color and hard to get by with this amount, so I chose to buy Viking's shields and removed the printing with Brasso.
Here are some photos:

This is what you need:
dsc_0003.jpg

Take the towel, put a small amount of Brasso on it and then: RUB!

After a while you will get this:
dsc_0004.jpg -> dsc_0005.jpg -> dsc_0006.jpg and finally this dsc_0007.jpg:wub: 

No scratches, no marks. :classic:
It is easy with shields, but minifig parts are more complicated to handle with all their corners and edges.

I wouldn't dare to de-brasso a chrome part though. :look:

For the elves set:You are referring to this set?
ELV241701-1.jpg
It comes with a magazine. I'm not sure if the minifig head really is magenta, but I will give it a try.  

EDIT: Bought the 'set' - it IS magenta!:thumbup:
And you tell me after I ordered this head 3626cpb1691.jpgfor 'just' 2,90€ :wall::laugh:

I've just started down this trail too. The Monofigs ebook was so helpful, but appears to be gone now (only available at a cost). Luckily I took quite a few screen shots and noted down all I needed to know while it was available, and I made Bricklink wanted lists for each colour I planned on completing (or starting). I am currently waiting on 4 Bricklink orders to arrive which gives me around 80% of the parts I needed. I'm skipping some of the more difficult colours (I also can't sacrifice Piggy Guy for his legs!) and Iuckily I don't feel the urge to have to complete each colour! It's a fun and entertaining exercise, and I find myself thoroughly checking each new wave of Minifigures and sets for new parts, such as the light aqua arms with the Silent Mary set. I'll post some images when my orders arrive. I'll give the brasso method a try, but at first I will just turn each head and torso around so you see the plain side from the front.

Edited by Coopa182