WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

13 hours ago, Artanis I said:

It isn't in all of the photos... it must be optional :wink:

It is quite likely either a bent hose or a whip piece. Not sure that there's a tail(ish) part that long and thin.

Oh i see. Got to think of something else now to replicate that, thanks!

Any idea from which set this part is? It´s quite heavy and and I assume it´s bought between 2003 and 2015.

Sieppaa.JPG

Edited by Blink82
no picture earlier

Hey guys, need helping identifying this. It came in a large lot of random parts, mostly 2010s-modern. I could find the main part it is, 10312 canopy, but it's only listed as being available in light orange.

jagbH9H.jpg

Edited by Yoshi648

8 minutes ago, Yoshi648 said:

Hey guys, need helping identifying this. It came in a large lot of random parts, mostly 2010s-modern. I could find the main part it is, 10312 canopy, but it's only listed as being available in light orange.

It definitely is from a Star Wars set. It is from one of the Jedi Star Fighter ship witch one is something I could not answer. 

Here is a link to help narrow it down but they remade the ship a couple of times and in others colors. 

https://brickset.com/sets/7256-1/Jedi-Starfighter-and-Vulture-Droid

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment

8 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

It definitely is from a Star Wars set. It is from one of the Jedi Star Fighter ship witch one is something I could not answer. 

Here is a link to help narrow it down but they remade the ship a couple of times and in others colors. 

https://brickset.com/sets/7256-1/Jedi-Starfighter-and-Vulture-Droid

Thanks! That led me to find it: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=50986pb005#T=P&C=13

On 14/5/2017 at 10:17 PM, Yoshi648 said:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=10312pb01&name=Windscreen 10 x 6 x 3 Bubble Canopy Double Tapered with Square Front Cutout and Light Bluish Gray Jedi Starfighter, Two Red Triangles on Top Pattern&category=[Windscreen, Decorated]#T=P

If you search for 10312* all the variants will come up.

Matt

I am wondering whether this is a lego part or a custom part. Can't seem to be able to find it in LDD. There is also a 1x2 version. 

Thanks. 

parts.png

Edited by wgemini

Checked out Bricklink, can't find it...

Do the studs have LEGO embossed on them? If not... well maybe not LEGO

Just MHO, YMMV

Andy D

I have never seen such a piece and too think its not a genuine Lego piece.

Is that a picture of a drawing?

Anyway, based on the 1/2 brick high section with the studs and the rounded edges of the studs, it appears to be Tyco brand.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the picture was from a drawing. I am just wondering whether Lego has that particular part since it looks really useful. 

Hey there, I placed an order on Bricklink for a manta ray and a black hood piece (along with some others) but I can't seem to know where the black hood piece I received is from. 

34871374956_1d89bf1847.jpgUntitled by The Lazy Chicken, on Flickr

As you can see, there is a stud on top and it has a hole too. The hole doesn't seem to be peg-sized though. You can place a 1x1 plate on it too. I'm guessing it might be from a keychain? I have tried contacting the seller but haven't gotten. a response yet. Could it be a clone part?

Here are some more pictures.

34100973893_961df81bd5.jpgUntitled by The Lazy Chicken, on Flickr

34100973973_13921de95d.jpgUntitled by The Lazy Chicken, on Flickr

I'm also curious about the manta ray, it doesn't seem to say lego anywhere. It also feels slightly different from the usual lego plastic.

34100973233_2cf8a82424.jpgUntitled by The Lazy Chicken, on Flickr

34871375026_c1fa32185c.jpgUntitled by The Lazy Chicken, on Flickr

Could anyone help me with this? I'd really appreciate it, thanks! :classic:

47 minutes ago, TheLazyChicken said:

Hey there, I placed an order on Bricklink for a manta ray and a black hood piece (along with some others) but I can't seem to know where the black hood piece I received is from. 

As you can see, there is a stud on top and it has a hole too. The hole doesn't seem to be peg-sized though. You can place a 1x1 plate on it too. I'm guessing it might be from a keychain? I have tried contacting the seller but haven't gotten. a response yet. Could it be a clone part?

I'm also curious about the manta ray, it doesn't seem to say lego anywhere. It also feels slightly different from the usual lego plastic.

Key chain hoods look like this, so I'm afraid this is a clone part. :hmpf:

And this is how the Manta ray looks like, but it's hard to judge with no in-hand experience:

30084.jpg https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30084&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

22 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Key chain hoods look like this, so I'm afraid this is a clone part. :hmpf:

And this is how the Manta ray looks like, but it's hard to judge with no in-hand experience:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30084&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Ooohhh ok thanks!

I think it is a clone part unfortunately. The seller has offered to be send me another one of the correct piece so it's all fine by me!

Edited by TheLazyChicken

@TheLazyChicken There is a possibility that both pieces are genuine LEGO parts.

The hood may be from a LEGO build-able pen, such as this Darth Maul one.  Some minifigure parts are made for the pens with studs for connection and holes to allow for the ink tube to pass through.  This seems to be the case for the hood you have, and I see no reason for a clone company to want to make a hood like that if not for a pen.

I am pretty sure that the stingray is authentic LEGO, as I have a number of those from the Town Divers theme.  Your pictures match the ones I have.

1 hour ago, Slegengr said:

The hood may be from a LEGO build-able pen, such as this Darth Maul one.  Some minifigure parts are made for the pens with studs for connection and holes to allow for the ink tube to pass through.  This seems to be the case for the hood you have, and I see no reason for a clone company to want to make a hood like that if not for a pen.

Oh wow, that's pretty nice actually! Now I'm curious: does the stud connect to other bricks properly? 

51 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Now I'm curious: does the stud connect to other bricks properly?

I would guess that it does (and I think @TheLazyChicken said it fits a 1x1 plate), but I cannot confirm this since I never owned a LEGO pen.

21 hours ago, Slegengr said:

I am pretty sure that the stingray is authentic LEGO, as I have a number of those from the Town Divers theme.  Your pictures match the ones I have.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

It's really interesting, still works like a regular piece so I'm happy! :sweet:

20 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Oh wow, that's pretty nice actually! Now I'm curious: does the stud connect to other bricks properly? 

Yep, you can put a 1x1 circular stud on stop. Unfortunately you can't put a lightsaber rod piece through it. It would be better if you could though!

While I can't check now, I remember the stingrays feeling slightly different from other Lego, a bit more flexible maybe.