Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

LUMS N-1 Starfighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

A bit of a last minute entry, but here it is:

dscf0012.jpg

I'll be brutally honest here, and share my personal opinion. The main task of this scale has always been to create groups of MINIs that could fit together, with the maximum details as possible. And while I believe I've done that here- this N-1 is to scale with all my past MINIs- I still can't help feeling this isn't the best possible work. When comparing with the Official N-1 MINI, there's a lot of pros and cons. I personally feel the official model has captured the sleekness much better than I have, whereas my model captures the overal shape and more intricate details the Official model didn't (such as the blue light from the engines. Funnily enough, I didn't pick up on this until looking at the box art for the Official model, where it has seemed like they had thrown it in. I decided it would be a good add as well, only to find out after purchasing the model it was just a photoshop trick).

Nonetheless, my personal opinions aside, I'd love to hear what you all think of it.

I can't help but think the engine nacelles are perhaps a bit too narrow? I do wonder what it would like with the 2x2 cylindrical brick and such pieces to accompany it? Have you tried it at all? The rest of it is rather tidy and very recognisable. I'd say you did a decent job of this!

*edit* just had a mess around, its not quite the same as yours, but close enough you get the feel of what im trying to show you :) I'm thinking along these lines for the engines

dqt0rm.jpg

110kd5c.jpg

*edit* just realised your blue light is too far forward, it comes out of the rear of the engines ;)

Edited by Fuppylodders

I can't help but think the engine nacelles are perhaps a bit too narrow? I do wonder what it would like with the 2x2 cylindrical brick and such pieces to accompany it? Have you tried it at all? The rest of it is rather tidy and very recognisable. I'd say you did a decent job of this!

*edit* just had a mess around, its not quite the same as yours, but close enough you get the feel of what im trying to show you :) I'm thinking along these lines for the engines

dqt0rm.jpg

110kd5c.jpg

*edit* just realised your blue light is too far forward, it comes out of the rear of the engines ;)

Hm...that make the engines looks fat.

To Legonator: try looking at some more pictures to get a good concept of the fighter.