TomRoid

Cafe Corner X6 = 1 Building?

In the instructions of the Cafe Corner at the end if you have a lot of money (maybe to enough to get the rest of the line and consider how it's now really expensive) and bought multiple LEGO Cafe Corners you can expand the Cafe Corner.

Ideas:

Idea to combine Market Street and Cafe Corner to make a new building

10182 X 2 You can add another layer to the Cafe Corner

10182 X 2 You can attatch another Cafe Corner to the side

10182 X 3 You can attach two more layers to the Cafe Corner

10182 X 6 You can attach another Cafe Corner to the side with both Cafe Corners having two extra layers

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4513879.pdf

Has anyone tried doing any of these "Ideas", specifically the one that uses 6 Cafe Corners?

30.000euro in one building? You could buy real house for that money in some countries... :D

Thats on convention though and its not so hard to achieve, but having it just for yourself is plain studid.

We played with 4 CC-s at our show and 2x extra floor combination looked best. With four CC-s placed side it looks too low for building that wide.

GE also looks nice stacked and since it has two floors in each its not so hard to get good result with lets say just four set (which currently cost less than one cafe corner). 8 would be perfect though and way than what you would with two CC-s for same price.

Does anyone else think that some of the modular buildings are "more modular" than others?

CC and GE have the most potential for adding additional floors and expansion with multiple sets.

2 GGs built asymmetrically side by side would look good. You could do the same with PS.

MS, FB and TH don't seem to have the same potential with multiple sets.

Does anyone else think that some of the modular buildings are "more modular" than others?

CC and GE have the most potential for adding additional floors and expansion with multiple sets.

2 GGs built asymmetrically side by side would look good. You could do the same with PS.

Agreed.

GE and CC could perhaps be stacked up to 4 floors high and still look good. Probably not the GG though as the bay would look a bit silly as poorly supported. The pics on the back of the CC box did make it look tempting to buy more but it was gone before I had a chance to buy more sets!

I have seen some very impressive extensions of the Fire Brigade and I think the same applies to the Town Hall. They need to be built out wider, so using two or three fire brigades you can make a wider fire station that has doors for two or three fire trucks. Using two or more Town Halls you can make a wider and more impressive building that would look good free standing. This of course is a more extensive modification than simply stacking extra floors or mirroring a building, but the result could nevertheless look very similar to the original modular. I think i've seen several builds like that on this board, and I'll try to look them up later to show some examples.

With the Market Street, I agree it's more difficult to do anything with it just because it would look odd with simply an extra story. Expanding the courtyard might not be too bad though, and maybe widening the whole building as well.

Only 6? How about this?

No, that's not mine – only someone else's photo from a 2007 show from this Brickshelf folder. Contains a more reasonably sized version, too.

I'm only considering adding one additional floor to my regular CC.

*huh* .... That's a big building.

Edited by Ricecracker
Don't quote images unnecessarily, as per site guidelines.

It does look awesome at that height but would definately be over kill in my town! :laugh: