Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon 2: Chapter 7

3. What do you mean I've done nothing? From the very beginning of this ordeal I've been zealously searching for clues. I've done nothing but search for the demon while you were no where to be found.

5. That doesn't jive with your theory. The first puddle was here when we arrived in this room. Wouldn't it have belonged to the original demon? So unless I'm wearing dark blue underwear, that can't be me.

Let's look at your "vision" some more. Willoughby just happens to show up and tell you a clue that directly points to me and only me? Almost every other clue that's been recieved has been like a giant game of "Guess Who?". All of a sudden you get this miracle game-breaking clue? It also contradicts the original vision of Willoughby's death. Was that first one that we all saw wrong? :hmpf: If only guests were on that list, why did the demon kill Willoughby and steal the list?

I will only respond to these ones. Not because your other points aren't valid, but because, like I said, I highly doubt I'll convince you that you're the demon, so aruging that over and over again won't be productive. :wink: I do believe you should have your say of course, I'm just personally unmoved for the time being.

3. You've looked for clues, yes, but isn't that what the demon would do so that no one else would be able to get them?

5. I assumed the blood puddle was not the original demon, but the first convertee. The demon wasn't created in this room, (s)he has been with us the whole time, so there won't be a blood puddle relating to them. That is an interesting point to discuss though.

As for your final, un-numbered point... it bothers me too. It seems like a very clear give-away clue, and without the gem clues and the fact that I know I can trust Chris, I too would doubt it. It seems so clear-cut pointing towards you, and it also does contradict our vision from earlier. I can't explain why it is either of those things, because I only saw it, didn't create it. It is only along with the gem clues that I've reached the conclusion that you are suspect #1.

3. Not only did I look for clues but I shared them as well. Even the ones that could have pointed to me. If I was a demon, I'd have known what the puddles were. Why would I give out color clues that point to either one of those puddles being me? I did it so that all of you would be correctly informed as to what clues they were.

5. So now you're saying the demon could convert before the game started waking up in this room? Didn't think conversions worked like that. Again a convenient way to explain away something that doesn't fit neatly into your case.

3. No clues that pointed to you specifically, just groups you were in. An easy way for a demon to avoid suspicion. You also only shared clues pointing to you when we thought the puddles might signify victims.

5. I'm not saying it's not a valid point. I'm thanking you for bringing it up. I think it does deserve careful consideration. I just think that the demon did start with a conversion. But everyone should consider if they believe this or not. Particularly consider this - could we find the original demon simply by investigating the first puddle? Also, why would the demon be bleeding randomly when we woke up. Unless they had just converted themself, that doesn't seem to make sense, especially since they killed the others before we got here.

I'd like to get out of the pool and splash Fred like a four year old.

3. No clues that pointed to you specifically, just groups you were in. An easy way for a demon to avoid suspicion. You also only shared clues pointing to you when we thought the puddles might signify victims.

5. I'm not saying it's not a valid point. I'm thanking you for bringing it up. I think it does deserve careful consideration. I just think that the demon did start with a conversion. But everyone should consider if they believe this or not. Particularly consider this - could we find the original demon simply by investigating the first puddle? Also, why would the demon be bleeding randomly when we woke up. Unless they had just converted themself, that doesn't seem to make sense, especially since they killed the others before we got here.

3. I shared the first two before we had any idea what they meant. The victim theory was made after I revealed my clues. Check your facts. If you remember, I was hesitant to bring up the second one because I thought it might point to a murderer and my two together would have pointed to me.

5. Or the current demon was a human directing all the freaky statues and stuff and was only turned into a demon recently. Only the "original demon" knows, and that's not me since I'm not a demon at all.

I'd like to get out of the pool and splash Fred like a four year old.

*Tony gets out of the pool and tries to splash Fred, but realizes quickly he can't splash...when he's not in the water. :wacko: *

*Siegourney pulls all of the arms down. The statues pivot revealing bricks for today's challenge. :look: Um...looks like I forgot to get a picture. Please hold for a little while for today's challenge. :blush: *

I knew it! The statues! Of course it was going to be the statues!!!

Well, this new evidence is certainly interesting, it feels like we're actually getting somewhere now rather than sitting around staring at fabric and playing with blocks... oh, still playing with blocks I see.

Doesn't matter, had sex. Seriously, I just voted for her for the sex and because I have absolutely no idea who is what except for me, which makes the sex more exciting and stuff. Did I mention the sex?

:laugh: All things considered, do you have 5 minutes?

Challenge Begin

Um... I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

I'd like to take my gem and dunk it under the water.

I... can I do that? Do I have a gem? Why don't we all do this and find the demons and win the game? :grin:

It's not gonna be that simple is it... :sceptic:

Welll, might as well Challenge: Begin then.

I... can I do that? Do I have a gem? Why don't we all do this and find the demons and win the game? :grin:

:laugh: How about this;

*I search the blood pools for clues.*

What I also wonder is; is it possible for someone to plant clues? Visions, hidden alliances, gems... I don't know what to believe!

Boff time!

*I search the blood pools for clues.*

*They look like blood puddles.*

*I drop two kinds of hair in each puddle*

*Two types of hair? *huh* Um...Siegourney drops a hair from her head and a hair from her vagina into each puddle. Every other tour member sees this and knows to ignore the extra dark brown hair and dark brown pube that they see when they inspect blood puddles.*

Okay, here I am. Sorry for not coming in to argue against Fred earlier - all that sniffing blood had me feeling lightheaded for a while. :wacko:

I think Sylvia's idea of verifying Sheldon with the votes today is a great one. Sylvia and I are verified to one another (and really, people of Phasma Diabolus, have we been anything other than blatantly not demons), so this will tell us the affiliations of Sheldon, Siegourney, and Diana.

1) Your gem was thrown into the water by Chris, along with Diana's and Sheldon's. One glowed green (good), and two glowed red (demons). This was between Chapters 5 and 6, so we didn't know what that meant yet. Yesterday, the monk told us that red meant good, and green meant bad. I wanted to make sure that was true, so I pulled my own gem out in the water this time. It was red. I invite everyone else to do the same.

2) Between chapters 6 and 7, your gem was thrown into the water with Penny's, and Richard's. This time, only one glowed red, the other two were green. Chance? Maybe. I admit, it could have been both Diana and Sheldon as demons the first time, and then either Richard or Penny this time around... but... that seems unlikely. And I have a nail in the coffin.

I can confirm this - at the end of Chapter 5 I was given that action that Samantha received after Chapter 1. At the end of the chapter, I have the ability to throw three gems into the water, but I don't know which gems belong to which people after I've thrown them.

Need I remind you that Chris is also one of the group that was deemed "untrustworthy". Sure his conversion theory seems to pan out based on the evidence we have but that would be easy for a demon to tell us this if he thought someone was on to him.

And need I remind you that I'm not the only one in that group? Why would people immediately look at me and assume that I'm a demon when both of you have just as good of a chance of being 'untrustworthy' as I do? And why would people single me out in particular? :look:

If I was a demon, no way would I make up something like that, and I certainly wouldn't drag one of my partners into it.

2.) Again, you haven't told us the source of the clue, but you assume it must be trustworthy. Even if this one is, you'd need both clues to be confirmed from coming from trustworthy people to have even circumstantial evidence. Pardon me if I don't think my gem being tossed in the pool twice with two groups automatically makes me a demon.

Not automatically, but I'd say there's a very high chance that it makes you a demon. It's the process of elimination, you see. :sweet:

Maybe the demon has a one time action meant to confuse people.

"In this interim, the demon among you, the one who has awakened Vacuus has lost most of his power. He can no longer make you see things that are not actually there: floating crowns and skulls, etc.

:sweet:

Is that how it is now. I've been working hard to figure this thing out since the beginning. And now suddenly, based on these vague claims, I'm suddenly the bad guy? If it was that easy to figure out who the demon was, why isn't there some way in place to get rid of me? Cause I'm sure an outed demon would just sit patiently and wait for the end.

To be honest, you really never did all that much. All you did was lead us on a bunch of wild goose chases throughout the temple looking for evidence that somehow made people think you could be trusted with clues. And of course you worked hard at the challenges to make sure you were always partly in control of who got the clues. :wink:

Also, what about our claims is 'vague'? We've laid out our evidence and our dynamic actions very clearly.

In the first puddle of blood, I found dark blue fabric, by the way.

Okay, cool, that means it was probably Diesel who got converted first (although the tan fabric clue was reported by Fred), but I'll clear things up about that tonight. :wink:

Doesn't matter, had sex. Seriously, I just voted for her for the sex and because I have absolutely no idea who is what except for me, which makes the sex more exciting and stuff. Did I mention the sex?

I kind of figured that's what it was. :laugh:

5. That doesn't jive with your theory. The first puddle was here when we arrived in this room. Wouldn't it have belonged to the original demon? So unless I'm wearing dark blue underwear, that can't be me.

This has been bothering me too, but reread Chapter 1. The Monk was explaining the situation to everyone, and then we all had a 'glitch' or whatever and the puddle appeared. Plus, the Monk showed us a vision of a person being converted right where the first puddle was. I guess the original demon made his choice while we were having that glitch before the game started.

Let's look at your "vision" some more. Willoughby just happens to show up and tell you a clue that directly points to me and only me? Almost every other clue that's been recieved has been like a giant game of "Guess Who?". All of a sudden you get this miracle game-breaking clue? It also contradicts the original vision of Willoughby's death. Was that first one that we all saw wrong? :hmpf: If only guests were on that list, why did the demon kill Willoughby and steal the list?

You know, technically, he said that the person's name wasn't on the tour roster. If anyone's name was the be excluded from the roster, it would probably the security guard's, to be honest. It's a roster for people on the tour, not the staff of the tour.

The challenge is over. Results will be posted shortly.

Today, the top four winners will be electing five people to receive clues.

In order of completion, the top four winners are:

Sheldon Wills (Shadows)

Samantha Cole (Rufus)

Fred Thomas (CorneliusMurdock)

Penny Maltese (Peppermint_M)

These four people should discuss, in-thread, what five people will be receiving clues, voting if you can't reach a decision through discussion.

In the mean time, everyone (including the winners of the challenge) should vote for the person they trust most to receive a group clue. The top three vote getters will receive a group clue, if they can be trusted. Each player should place one vote only in this format:

vote: character (player)

Votes in the incorrect format will not be counted. So there. :tongue:

Meanwhile...

*Diesel waits until Fred Thomas is facing away from him and charges him, preparing to push him in the pool. Fred Thomas's military training and instinct kicks in and he is able to thwart Diesel's attack, grabbing him and throwing him into the pool instead.*

And need I remind you that I'm not the only one in that group? Why would people immediately look at me and assume that I'm a demon when both of you have just as good of a chance of being 'untrustworthy' as I do? And why would people single me out in particular? :look:

I'm not saying that the odds make you more likely to be the demon than me, just that you're one of the ones pushing at me and I know I'm not a demon. If I'm going to be set up, it'll be by demons and that's the reason I don't trust you.

To be honest, you really never did all that much. All you did was lead us on a bunch of wild goose chases throughout the temple looking for evidence that somehow made people think you could be trusted with clues. And of course you worked hard at the challenges to make sure you were always partly in control of who got the clues. :wink:

I did as much as you did, puddle sniffer. And the things I tried actually made sense. Somehow that makes you look innocent but I "never really did that much". You were sniffing puddles, Sparky. I'd call that much more suspicious. Who would have a heightened sense of smell to where smelling blood might actually do some good? A demon.

You know, technically, he said that the person's name wasn't on the tour roster. If anyone's name was the be excluded from the roster, it would probably the security guard's, to be honest. It's a roster for people on the tour, not the staff of the tour.

If the roster was only people on the tour, why would he be surprised that my name wasn't on it and what would that prove to him? If the roster was only ever for guests, my name would never be on it. He made it sound like the demon's name not being on the list was strange. Your entire line of reasoning is faulty there.

Almost forgot to place votes.

For the general group vote, I'm going to place my trust in:

Vote: Penny Maltese (Peppermint_M)

For the challenge Clue:

Vote: Ingrid Peck (iamded)

Vote: Penny Maltese (Peppermint_M)

Vote: Donna Falcon (Dannylonglegs)

Vote: Richard Sexton (Mrlegoninja)

Vote: Diana Mantino (Fugazi)

When you're not sure whom to trust, picking 5 people is hard.

I'd like to push Fred in the pool again.

If the roster was only people on the tour, why would he be surprised that my name wasn't on it and what would that prove to him? If the roster was only ever for guests, my name would never be on it. He made it sound like the demon's name not being on the list was strange. Your entire line of reasoning is faulty there.

Perhaps you're new to this tour group. It would be a perfect disguise for you to come here, too. You're able to collect all the weapons, all the while keeping your own, and then you're able to lock them away from everyone else.

Also, it was never specified that the roster is only for guests, perhaps the roster is for everyone that came to this temple, including the late tour guide.

I'd like to know how long Fred has been with the Tour Company and specifically, on this group.

Perhaps you're new to this tour group. It would be a perfect disguise for you to come here, too. You're able to collect all the weapons, all the while keeping your own, and then you're able to lock them away from everyone else.

Also, it was never specified that the roster is only for guests, perhaps the roster is for everyone that came to this temple, including the late tour guide.

I'd like to know how long Fred has been with the Tour Company and specifically, on this group.

Some people never learn.

Once again I will dodge the pushing and push Tony in the pool again.

A demon wouldn't need weapons.

If the roster wasn't just for guests than nothing about the vision points to me. Sylvia's whole argument is that my name would never have been on the list anyway.

Once again I will dodge the pushing and push Tony in the pool again.

*Fred once again easily sidesteps the old man and throws him into the pool. Tony gets out of the pool and splashes water at Fred, but once again has no water around him anymore to splash with.*

*Tony asks Fred how long he has been with the company and specifically on this group.*

*Sorry, this is not 2001: A Space Odyssey and I am not Hal.*