Masked Builder

MOC: Supreme Lord Of The Bathroom!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

6874563072_de81a056f2_o.jpg

Overview of the MOC.

Quick back story for those of you who haven't read the book. Clarisse, daughter of Ares, has dragged Percy, son of Poseidon, into the bathroom to stick his head into a toilet. Annabeth, duaghter of Athena, has wandered in to watch what is going to happen to her friend, without really meaning to, Percy has the toilets and showers spray Clarisse, "chasing" her out of the bathroom, leaving Percy the only dry part in the bathroom.

7020665089_57aa0e198a_o.jpg

And a shot of Clarisse and Percy.

6874562218_2df8a36232_o.jpg

Alternative view of the backside of the MOC.

6874562474_c133e108a2_o.jpg

Clarisse, daughter of Ares.

7020665575_2b17ceddb1_o.jpg

Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon.

7020665667_9725d1fc01_o.jpg

Annabeth, daughter of Athena.

6874562732_909c995b2c_o.jpg

One of my shower stalls, I'm really happy with this solution.

6874562820_ab36800a5c_o.jpg

The three toilets. Inspired by Bricksbeard.

7020665925_c347baff82_o.jpg

It really need to feel like there was water going everywhere.

7020666005_25c83cd9ba_o.jpg

Percy Jackson with his Camp Half-blood T-shirt.

Well here we are with my second MOC for the MOCathalon! This category really required some thought on what I wanted to build for it. I decided to build a MOC from "The Lightning Thief" book. The chapter was called "I become supreme lord of the bathroom" so I thought it was fitting to call the MOC that. I actually built all of this yesterday. No revisions, I started with the minifigures and some toilets and went from there. I was tasked with building a MOC based on a myth/legend, let me know how you think I did!

Built March 2012

Flickr Set

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

One of my favorite parts fom the book, and you pulled it off really well! I'd put some water on the floor to make it look like there's puddles, and it would be flawless. :thumbup:

One of my favorite parts from the book, and you pulled it off really well! I'd put some water on the floor to make it look like there's puddles, and it would be flawless. :thumbup:

Thanks! I did consider that, but I didn't want to put them on and then have to carry it down a stair case.

Thanks! I did consider that, but I didn't want to put them on and then have to carry it down a stair case.

That's when you put them on at the bottom of the stair case. :wink::grin:

That's when you put them on at the bottom of the stair case. :wink::grin:

True, but that seems like more work. I have to carry the MOC down the stairs and then go back and get the water pieces. :tongue:

I agree with K-Nut about the water. This MOC is well built, but it's hard to feel that water is really getting everywhere without any on the floor. You didn't have to make real-water puddles; you could've built them.

I like this. The toilets are great, but my favourite part is the minifigs. I think you really captured the way Clarrise should look.

Does this belong in Licensed Themes, though?

I agree with K-Nut about the water. This MOC is well built, but it's hard to feel that water is really getting everywhere without any on the floor. You didn't have to make real-water puddles; you could've built them.

Yeah I think I'm starting to see what you guys mean, maybe I'll see about adding some.

I like this. The toilets are great, but my favourite part is the minifigs. I think you really captured the way Clarrise should look.

Does this belong in Licensed Themes, though?

Thanks! Glad you like the solutions I came up with.

Well I figured if the movies where made in LEGO sets it would be posted here but otherwise it'd go in the Special Themes section.

Could you post a picture of the figures? I'd like to see how you made Percy in LEGO. :classic:

Otherwise, it looks perfectly accurate. :thumbup:

Edited by Poison Ivy

Could you post a picture of the figures? I'd like to see how you made Percy in LEGO. :classic:

Otherwise, it looks perfectly accurate. :thumbup:

Yeah sure, just give me some time to get a shot. :sweet:

Great MOC, Masked Builder! As said before, I would add some puddles or more water on the floor, especially near the shower spouts.

Well I figured if the movies where made in LEGO sets it would be posted here but otherwise it'd go in the Special Themes section.

As far as I've heard Percy Jackson has not been made into a Lego set. So, I'm moving this. Not sure if Special Themes is exactly right, though. Give me a moment.

EDIT: Special Themes it is then. Moving now.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

Thanks everyone!

As far as I've heard Percy Jackson has not been made into a Lego set. So, I'm moving this. Not sure if Special Themes is exactly right, though. Give me a moment.

EDIT: Special Themes it is then. Moving now.

Yeah I really considered putting it here but I decided not to.