Vector

Jabba's Palace

Hello Eurobricks community!

I want to announce my new long-term project:

Jabba's Palace

I'm planning to build first of all Jabba's throne room and some rooms around it and of course, the Rancor pit.

I also want to try to incorporate LEDs to create a proper atmosphere and if anyone knows a good seller in the interplay with LEGO bricks please tell me:)

Some parts are already here and others ordered, unfortunaly Tan bricks are expensive but I am confident;)

I already started with the first structures and have attached some pictures of the first arch and the already known Rancor.

Here the first Pictures (don't worry there will be more;)):

Just click on the links (I'm not allowed to use that image extension on this board.)

Updates in the last post!

arch with Twi'lek

arch

Rancor

Cheers, Vector

Edited by Vector

Awesome Rancor dude and a great start, im also planning a Jabba's Palace MOC so it is always good to see how other people do it as well. Goodluck mate i'm sure it will be awesome.

Hello!

I'm glad and thankful to see you commented:) I also want to apologize for the long building pause I had because of the long wait for my BL orders to come, but, finally I got them and started building immediatly.

The Rancor can open it's mouth and hold almost a hole minifigure in it;) I might be taking a photo shooting of it soon...

Til' now there are not much changes, I started building the palace in intermateable sections so the work is easier and all in all it's more comfortable to transport and build.

Also I have started building Jabba's throne in SNOT technics and the walls of the main audiance chamber has grown;)

Well I will come up with new updates soon but so far here some pictures:

Throne and bow

Archway to Han Solo in carbonite

Entrance to throne room

I'm also sorry for the bad picture quality, I hope to improve that soon^^

C&C welcome,

Vector

Edited by Vector

Hi, looking good :classic:

There's a tutorial available if you don't know how to link photos (link here)

That looking good mate. I built a Jabba's palace for the ROJ community build, reminds me a lot of mine. I ran out of time and parts but would have loved to put more into it. I'll be watching this build in antisapation.

Its looking really good mate, can't wait to see the rest, u how many of jabbas minions are you planning on making?

Hello and thanks again for the comments:) I am waiting for some Orders to come, I hope they all arrive tomorrow so I can post some new updates.

But I will try to awnser your questions in this post;).

That looking good mate. I built a Jabba's palace for the ROJ community build, reminds me a lot of mine. I ran out of time and parts but would have loved to put more into it. I'll be watching this build in antisapation.

I would love to see it, where do I find pictures?

The rancor is amazing, I can't wait until the rest is finished. Can the rancor fit Oola or any minifig in its mouth? :tongue:

Thank you, the Rancor is able to open it's mouth and hold almost a hole minifigure in it.

That rancor looks great how many pieces did it take to build?

Thanks again;) I built the Rancor some month ago and it took 500 to 600 pieces I think.

Its looking really good mate, can't wait to see the rest, u how many of jabbas minions are you planning on making?

Also thank you;) I think I will buy the new Palace in Summer or at least the figures, maybe I'll get some of the Action figures so I can make some realistic looking customs like Ephant Mon or Ree Yees. Of course there should be the band, Bib Fortuna, Malakili, Oola, Gammorean Guards, Droids and so on...

I hope I awnsered your questions and sorry again for missspellings.

Cheers, Vector

Hello! I'm sorry to double post but I have new updates!

So finally the Bricklink orders arrived so I could build a little more...

The walls are now higher and I have started with the floor and the quests sections on the other side of the throne room.

I'm happy with the project til now but unfortunatly I'm running out of money so I will need to build with the parts I got yet (don't be afraid, I still have enough^^)and I'm glad that I can now start building the rooms beside the throne room and when that is done go on to the Rancor pit.

Here are some pictures:

The throne room with floor

guest section

throne room with guest section

The holes in the guest section are for the LED's I will buy later on;)

C&C welcome,

Vector

Great Palace! The Rancor looks great, as does the throne room. I really like how you did the corner to the right of Jabba. :thumbup: I look forward to more updates!

Looking good :thumbup:, the pics make it look white on two of them :laugh:, a snow temple.

The new progress looks good.

Here is my build of the palace. Looking at it again yours is looking to much better than mine. Like I said earlier I would have loved to build mine more like yours but due to parts and time this is what I ended up with.