Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Droid Sale!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everybody!

In my recent and ongoing series of recreating selected scenes from the Star Wars movies, it's my pleasure to present scene 14 to you today. :classic: There, Luke Skywalker and Owen Lars buy the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 from Jawa traders. As for all scenes in this series, no licensed pieces or minigures are used, anyway from which licensed theme, especially Star Wars. :classic:

anh-14c-01.jpg

anh-14c-02.jpg

anh-14c-03.jpg

anh-14c-04.jpg

anh-14c-05.jpg

anh-14c-06.jpg

anh-14c-07.jpg

The droids are (from left to right): C-3PO (protocol droid), R2-D2 (astromech droid), R1-G4 (astromech droid), R5-D4 (astromech droid), Treadwell Droid (repair droid), LIN-V8K (mining droid), 2X-3KPR (servant droid).

Thanks for your time and interest!

Have a great week! :classic:

Christopher

Very cool Legostein. I think I mentioned in one of your earlier posts that I really like the retro styling of this project and that is still the case here. The vaporator, homestead entrance and the circular bit (never knew what that was - garage roof?) are instantly recognisable and the Sandcrawler section works well for this scene. :thumbup:

I attempted building some of these droids myself when I bought Lego's Sandcrawler a couple of years ago (I have never been happy with TLG's treadwell) and I must say that you've done a much better job than I did. I'm particularly fond of your R1-G4 and the Mining Droid but I'm a little confused as to why you put a green dome on 'tooex'? Also I really like your purist Aunt Beru.

Very creative MOC and instantly recognisable! Before the start of my dark ages, Star Wars wasn't really an interest of mine and the LEGO license for the theme was years in the future. But your no-licensed-parts-MOCS always remind me of attempts as a kid to recreate scenes from other movies with the help of my LEGO collection and it's great to see that even without all the detailed pieces and minifigs we have nowadays, you can achieve fantastic and very inspiring results. I can't wait to see your next project!

I know that there are already plans for at least a few more community builds, but wouldn't it be great to do one in this vein and only allow non-licensed parts? I think it would be very interesting to see what ideas different people come up with to build their favourite SW characters and scenes with these restrictions.

A diorama from Legostein? Love it! :wub: Everything's got a very classic LEGO look to it.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This is a fantastic diorama. I love the droids - especially the astromechs. They seem to be much more in scale with the lego figures imho. I look forward to more scene recreations.

It's a great build, the Jawas look great and the homestead and moisture vaporator are just about perfect. However, the only thing going through my mind was, "Threepio is a naked guy!" :tongue:

Looks great!

I'm glad you are expanding your project to bigger MOCs!

Hopefully we will see bigger ones with more vehicles :sweet:

This is great, especially for a MOC with no licenced pieces. The droids are brilliant, especially R5, and the Jawas are great. I like the Lars home as well.

What scene are you doing next?

All characters and droids are instantly recognizable and have a very pure "Lego" charm.

The composition of the scene is also very spot on :thumbup:

Perhaps Lego should never have bothered making custom minifigs for the SW license? - just kidding of course, but it is surprising to see how well everything is conveyed without custom figs :wink:

I have to say, this is by far the best one From your series so far, it is utterly incredibly detailed for a scenario without themed pieces!

I absolutely love this series- Legostein you capture the feel and atmosphere of the SW universe brilliantly, made even more impressive by not using licensed parts. It's got a whole 80's vibe to it which I love! Keep up the good work :grin:

Your skills at mini making just keep amazing me.

I absolutely love the to scale R2 units.

Brilliant.

Hi,

What is the top piece of the building. It looks like a large all in one tan piece? Not sure what set it is from?

Thanks,

Rich

Wha da hell is that naked guy doing on the desert xD ?

Anyway, it looks really nice. It's not detailed but it's still good. Smart building of the Sandcrawler!