gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Name: Target Gift Card 3 in 1

Theme: LEGO Creator

Year: 2011

Pieces: 48

Price: USD$10.00 (Minimum)

Brickset

Bricklink

This year, Target and Lego expanded their boundaries to include not only Bullseye, like they did in 2010, but a polar bear and a snowman. This set follows the Lego Creator way: 3 in 1. With a gift card, and enough bricks to build Bullseye, a polar bear, and a snowman,(but not all at once) is this set worth $5.00? (Gift Card value not included.)

The Box

6857136859_07f6e7f9a5.jpg

I really like the front of the box, with the Target ribbon tied on it. You can see the instructions through the clear box.

6857137389_84543d0a59.jpg

A neat way to hold on the gift card. Just slide it in and you're ready to go!

The Instructions

6782549712_2abb01bea2.jpg

This set has two booklets. One of them has instructions for the polar bear on one side, and the three models on the other. The second booklet has instructions for the snowman on the front, and instructions for Bullseye on the back.

The Pieces

6862576381_73b63e5f58.jpg

As you can see, a lot of white and slopes.

The Models

Let's start with the polar bear.

6928665597_bbcb3c8aa6.jpg

This shows the slopes making him look like he's in mid-step. I like the cheese slopes for the ears. It's simple, but nice.

6928666795_603542d85e.jpg

This polar bear is a simple build, using a bit of SNOT-ing on the nose and the arms.

Bullseye

6857080619_05e34988ce.jpg

The use of teeth for ears is a bit strange, but, in this case, it will do.

6857085089_91c4e078f4.jpg

Bullseye also uses some SNOT-ing, and includes the only rare piece, the Target 1 x 1 brick.

The Snowman

6857087253_23e257da8f.jpg

My only issue with this model is the scarf. I would have liked something other than a circle. I also wish there was a way to cover up those studs.

6857091883_3eb5b28ca6.jpg

My favorite of the three, this snowman is just about perfect. This was my first broom, so I was quite excited to see it.

Conclusion

Design: 10/10 (I'm amazed that you can make three models out of only 48 pieces.)

Price: 8/10 (I've seen cheaper sets with more pieces and rarer parts.)

Pieces: 9/10 (You can never have to much white, can you?)

Overall: 9/10

This is a great set that I would recommend picking up if you see it. Plus, you get a gift card, too!

And, finally, for something to send you off with:

6857092989_415e38f880.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I was lucky to get two of these.

I can't tell if it's a error or the odd way you worded the price, but as far as I know, these were basically free. Sure you have to put a min of $5 or $10 (I think min of $5 for mine) but as long as you return to a Target and use the value, there is no charge for the use of the card.

Thus saying is the "is this set is worth $5" and "(I've seen cheaper sets with more pieces and rarer parts)" makes no sense to me. I would do N/A for your price rating in the future.

Obviously, it's an awesome set for free* and it has multiple builds. Plus you get the exclusive to two sets Target circle printed block, semi rare broom, and a variety of useful slopes.

I think the bear is the best. I also like the plastic box. It may be suitable in transportation of small amounts of LEGO parts.

These things are fantastic. They were super hard to find, but I managed to get six or seven of them. (Couldn't find a single one in 2010.) It really takes the edge off a miserable holiday shopping trip when you run across them. Like TheWarden said, it's essentially free Lego! I really like the pieces with the target printing on it in particular.