Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

MOC - Hardware Store

indexed.gif B-OV-27E

Okay, so you might say what's special about this one.....

new_city_hardware_store_96.jpg

Right, lets look on the inside.

new_city_hardware_store_97.jpgnew_city_hardware_store_98.jpg

Door opened now.

new_city_hardware_store_99.jpg

More to come.....as I want to do some stickers for it based around some old Lego ones from 30 years ago.

Comments welcome. :classic:

sliding doors? great feature!

Thanks 'Artizan', it took me over 2 days on and off between paying jobs to design this mechanism. :classic:

Nice work LT! :thumbup:

I've always liked sliding doors.

Now we need to have it automatically open when a MF stands at the doorway. :grin:

Nicely done! Does this mean you going to retrofit the 1950's Aussie Street to incorporate other mechanicals? Now that sounds like a challenge....

Brick on!

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback, I didn't use LDD to design the gear train, but later today I'll photograph it more closely and then post here.

Now to totally automate it is not that hard, a photo-sensor to trigger a small PF motor.....but then I would need to build a bigger store....I guess a Walmart/Kmart style store would work. :wink: (but I'm still working on my 1950's theme and planning my academy reviews....so it might be a while :blush: )

Nice little store!

LT, u may want to fix the door panel on the right (when u face the store) as opening it allows access to the cashier area from outside. not too good security-wise.

AND, in your own words, Brick on LT! :laugh:

Off to a great start lt. I'd like to see more on the door mechanism. Any chance of open-close shots from inside the store? Looking forward to it's progression default_classic.gif

Thanks for comments 'LT12V' and 'streifen' :classic: , that gap is unavoidable and you can't see it looking straight at it.....but you can when photographed at an angle.

Shortly I upload close ups of the door opener mechanics......keep watching ! :classic:

Edit......

new_city_hardware_store_997.jpgnew_city_hardware_store_998.jpgnew_city_hardware_store_999.jpg

Edited by lightningtiger

indexed.gif B-OV-27E

Okay, so you might say what's special about this one.....

It's black and yellow. Duh. I mean, it doesn't GET anymore awesome than that! :laugh:

Like the sliding doors, at firts I thought the gears were just for show on the interior (Where they look AMAZING, I may add). Only thin ig needs now is a rof and roof connection!

Dakar

It's black and yellow. Duh. I mean, it doesn't GET anymore awesome than that! :laugh:

Like the sliding doors, at firts I thought the gears were just for show on the interior (Where they look AMAZING, I may add). Only thin ig needs now is a rof and roof connection!

Dakar

Ah, you see a roof is not really possible due to the lever to operate the doors.......I might actually put some Friend's figures in the action here.

Signs hope fully done tomorrow sometime......my son's sports day tomorrow and I promised him I'll be there. :sweet:

I was only able to do this today....stickering.....I feel a little under the weather today. :blush:

new_city_hardware_store_90.jpg

Comments welcome as usual. :classic: