Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

MOC: Mission San Francisco Solano de Sonoma

If you live in California you know that in the 4th grade you do a California Mission project complete with model. My daughter built this one with a little assistance from me. default_satisfied.gif Sorry the photos aren't great quality.

6998296673_f958effc6a_o.jpg

6852192566_200e66a2e9_o.jpg

6998315825_b6c419e679_o.jpg

6998296809_60f5431f65_o.jpg

6852173732_df2e3a396d_o.jpg

6852173610_ff3ab00ac8_o.jpg

6852173636_d06dde4385_o.jpg

6998315879_7659ac6d0f_o.jpg

6852173772_ac2cf6a271_o.jpg

Interesting MOC, I like the combination of colors, the well placed trees and the atmosphere of peace, not to mention the roof and how well the white bricks made the walls.

I also love the fact of the mutual work between daughter and father, I hope you passed a great time together. :thumbup:

And hopefully too she gets an A+.

I'd say some dad in California has got to be extremely proud of his daughter these days!!

I remember building mine out of Lego, but not that well.

I also remember the teacher getting really mad at someone who knocked over a palm tree; I don't think she realized it could be put back easily.

Excellent ' Commodore Hornbricker ', I hope your daughter gets an 'A+' ! :sweet:

Brick On in the past ' Commodore Hornbricker ' ! :classic:

Great moc! And as said before the roof is awesome. And even more with the size of the building. Also great job on al the action and details inside the walls!

That's really well done! It's obvious both of you enjoyed the build. My favourite is the garden in the back with all the trees, fruits, flowers and crops in the garden.

Thanks for all the nice reply's. It was a lot of fun to build with her and to build again in general its been over a year since I built anything other than the new modular buildings by Lego. The model attracted a lot of positive attention at her school (most of the kindergarten through 4th grade boys have elevated her to god like status) and you'll all be happy to know she got an A+. My wife wanted to donate it to the Mission as a permanet display. I am thinking about it....its almost all my brown tiles on the darn roof, plus its gotta be around 10,000 pieces easy. Maybe a temporary display would be better default_sceptic.gif.

My wife wanted to donate it to the Mission as a permanet display. I am thinking about it....its almost all my brown tiles on the darn roof, plus its gotta be around 10,000 pieces easy. Maybe a temporary display would be better default_sceptic.gif.

I'd certainly go for the latter.

If you put up a petition, let me know where to sign! :laugh:

Great Moc, Congrats!

(...) My wife wanted to donate it to the Mission as a permanet display. I am thinking about it....(...) Maybe a temporary display would be better default_sceptic.gif.

:laugh: I think your wife doesn't want you have Legos :laugh:

(...) I am thinking about it.... Maybe a temporary display would be better default_sceptic.gif.

If I were you, I'll took a lot of pictures and that's it...