lego-maniac

MOC: Miami House

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Here is a small modern villa which could well be in Miami.

This little moc does not take me too long to achieve, I had to spend over two evenings

I expect the weekend to take real pictures but

unfortunately, the weather was too bad and no sun ray to give a hot atmospher to the moc

Meanwhile here are some pictures to give you a taste!

UPDATE ;

I've work a bit on pics ;)

6851629906_3008c25510_z.jpg

full by LegoManiac / oLaF, on Flickr

I've also update more pics on the blog

Previous pics :

829605photo201.jpg

467150photo202.jpg

618865photo203.jpg

797627photo204.jpg

372503photo205.jpg

The interior is not done (there is not even the floor of the first floor)

oh yeah I forgot, yes the pool is 100% waterproof and indeed it is filled with water at 25 °: laughs:

764560IMG3029.jpg

Do not hesitate for comments to improve this creation.

Thanks

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

This is so beautiful :cry_happy: My favourite detail is the placement of brown tiles to create a texture. Is this based on something or is it purely your design?

Beautifuly done! Like the pool, the minimalistic colour scheeme and the single tree!

Brick on!

Dakar

This is so beautiful :cry_happy: My favourite detail is the placement of brown tiles to create a texture. Is this based on something or is it purely your design?

Thanks Artizan. This is my own design (that's why I do not enter the EB architect contest with :/)

Glad you enjoy !

This is gorgeous. I'm recently back into LEGO from the "dark ages" and it has been awe-inspiring to see the incredible ideas builders are coming up with these days. I'm particularly impressed with the tree - is that a Jabba the Hut tail as trunk? Brilliant!

Fantastic!

Love how you made a shallow and deep part in the swimming pool!

Very detailed and beautiful! :sweet:

thanks all, I'm very very pleased you enjoy

about the taile http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=10605&colorID=48

It's avalaible in reddish brown but too expansive in my own http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?P=horntail01&v=1&bt=0&sortBy=0&sortAsc=A

Check the price of the Harry potter set : http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4767-1 !! crazy ???

I've work a bit on pics ;)

6851629906_3008c25510_z.jpg

full by LegoManiac / oLaF, on Flickr

I've also update more pics on the blog

The tree idea is very interesting. The green tree trunk is also a brillant move since the reddish-brown is not very affordable...

Edited by xinbei

the reddish brown taile could be better but sand green also works in my own.

This creation could be submitted to a contest but it's reserved to people living in USA. (and I'm french.... :S)

If ever some of you living there could be interested in hosting this for me, please pm ;)

Great architecture. Wonderful shapes and details. I love the pool, slanted shallow end to deep end. I like how the deck looks like actual wood. Awesome! :thumbup:

yes that's real water, no photoshop effect.

I've checked 24h hours later and no water under the moc. It's waterproof ! yeah !

Edited by lego-maniac

It's a fantastic MOC, I like everything about it. The building is great but I just love the pool, the wooden panels and the tree. Excellent :sweet:

Hi All !

Thanks a lot for your comments

I'm pleased to announce that this creation belong to the Dwell Contest.

If you appreciate this construction please vote for this one :

http://new.dwell.com/contests/lego-modern-home-design-competition/submissions/2712-mountain-drive-beverly-hills-ca--2

medium.jpg

I say this one because there is 2 times the same entry and I want to focus vote only on one.

all the entry (about 150) are avalaible here :

http://new.dwell.com/contests/lego-modern-home-design-competition/submissions/vote

Thanks a lot for supporting !

Now, tell me, why on Earth is someone not yet living there! I'd move there any day. :laugh:

Beautiful MOC! :wub:

This looks like something one might see being built on a show like Grand Designs (if there was an American version)

Great job, really good looking house.

It's an excellent structure, and I love the way you've made your decking. The pool looks brilliant too. :thumbup:

totally love it. would you upload the lxf model or a construction plan? I SO want to have this thing in my living room.

I understand though, if you do not want that. In that case I'll just have to do a little reverse engineering ;)

totally love it. would you upload the lxf model or a construction plan? I SO want to have this thing in my living room.

I understand though, if you do not want that. In that case I'll just have to do a little reverse engineering ;)

It will be a pleasure but this construction has already been dismanteled (it last a bit and I'm not sure that moderation team is pleased)

Btw, I'm glad you're enjoy the house. Maybe I've got more pics if ever you want to make yours but no plan or lx or ldd sorry, I'm building only with pics in mind.

send me a pm with your mail adress ;)