Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Trade Federation Lucrehulk-class Battleship

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everybody!

With the new round/sloped bricks from the Alien Encounters theme, I got the idea to use them for (yet) another version of the Trade Federation Lucrehulk-class Battleship. The ship should be familiar and first appears in The Phantom Menace and then also the later movies and TV series. :classic:

The inner spehere is brick-built, as I didn't want to use the UCS Star Destroyer deflector shield spheres. These are almost impossible to find in light bluish gray, and I wanted this ship to be easily built by everyone with cheap standard pieces. Free instructions included of course! :classic:

lucrehulk-battleship-1.jpg

lucrehulk-battleship-2.jpg

lucrehulk-battleship-3.jpg

lucrehulk-battleship-4.jpg

lucrehulk-battleship-5.jpg

As long as BrickShelf is being moderated (which can take several days), you can access the instructions directly from my homepage: Lucrehulk Battleship Building Instructions

Thanks for stepping by and I wish everybody a great sunday as well as a good start into the new week!

~ Christopher

Awesome. Brilliant techniques such as the grey heads for the engines.

But maybe there are better bricks to build the central sphere? It looks a little bit too edged imo.

Ooh very nice Legostein :thumbup:. The central sphere looks a little small, but the peaces for the outer ring are great.

Very nice as usual, Legostein! But I gotta agree with Bane here, the center sphere could be better. I think it would be best if you would use the swivel turret piece from the AT-TE. It would be just about the right size and shape, and it's common enough that people can use it.

And as LEGOman273 asked, would you like to enter this in the Phantom Menace community build? It would make a great entry! :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Really nice work, Legostein. As has been said, the core looks a little small, but I think that might actually be caused by the arms being too fat. That being said, I can't really think of any way to fix the proportions of the arms.

Oh, well, minute accuracy details aside, great work. :thumbup: (did I just say that I didn't care about minute accuracy details? :distressed: )

Thanks for the comments everyone! :classic: I know it is not always possible to please everyone, but I always try my best. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher