Brickton

St Patricks Day MOC Event

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello All

My local Lego group (Brisbane Lego Train Group) had an MOC event yesterday where, given it was St Patricks day, we had to build an Irish and/or Green MOC.

I decided to go with Leprechauns given the recent series 6 minifig...and came across a children's book about how Leprechauns came to bury their gold under the rainbow...and an idea was born.

So I have illustrated Leprechauns burying their gold at the base of a rainbow where those pesky big folk will never find it!!!

hiding_the_gold.jpg

rainbow_and_leprechauns.jpg

sam_1159.jpg

sam_1160.jpg

sam_1162.jpg

sam_1163.jpg

sam_1165.jpg

sam_1167.jpg

sam_1170.jpg

As usual any constructive criticism is always welcome. If I was to do it again I would like to find a better way of making the clouds look better...and it was my first attempt at doing rocks...and I am sure I could use more practice.

I would also like to thank Derfel for his great building articles and I am sure you will see some influence from him ;)

Hope you all had a great and happy St Patricks Day. :grin:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Very creative moc. I love how you created the rainbow with all the colorful 1x2 bricks.

The little leprechauns just makes it real fun also. :classic:

Blue Brick

Love the beautiful rainbows and the clever use of the mini-figure. This MOC really put me into a festival mood. Thanks OP :wub:

Edited by xinbei

There certainly is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

The curve of the rainbow is superb.

I like the way in which you used correct colours [nearly] in the rainbow. :laugh:

Hello All,

I have finally got the pictures loaded correctly.

Thanks for the advice and help from others to get it right (you know who you are). :grin:

This a totally cool MOC! I really like landscapes in LEGO form, and this is just great! The rainbow, too, looks fantastic. That last picture of yours makes me feel like I'm spying on them and locating their gold. :laugh: