Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

Topic Views

I just looked at a topic that I posted, and it has 4 replies, but 0 views. :wacko:

What, then, is meant by "view"?

They're not updated in real time as far as I know. So, for new topics, the views are often 0 for some time, even though there are replies.

They're not updated in real time as far as I know. So, for new topics, the views are often 0 for some time, even though there are replies.

That explains it. Thanks.

It's too bad they're not updated in real time, but at least the confusion is solved!

Updating them in real time is possible, but it would be more resource demanding on the server. That's why we introduced this delay a long time ago when server power was an issue. I will look into changing the setting so it's again updated in real time.

Also if ten people look at a brand new thread and all ten of them reply to said topic, then there are ten replies and zero views, I think a view is only counted if the viewer doesn't post.

Updating them in real time is possible, but it would be more resource demanding on the server. That's why we introduced this delay a long time ago when server power was an issue. I will look into changing the setting so it's again updated in real time.

I just noticed (because of my "Teaser For My Next MOC" thread) that topic views are now in real time. :classic:

Thanks to the Mods/Admins that did this. :thumbup:

Also if ten people look at a brand new thread and all ten of them reply to said topic, then there are ten replies and zero views, I think a view is only counted if the viewer doesn't post.

Ah. That makes sense. I've always wondered this as well...